Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mass Migration Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Mass Migration Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mass Migration Bug - 6/3/2015 10:23:15 PM   
Cruis.In

TL:DR VERSION

REMEMBER I HAVE MY TAX SET BACK HIGH, TO TEST, TURN THE TAX To 0 AND watch as your people still migrate in mass from SOLD2

EDIT # 1 = CONFIRMATION OF BUG

http://steamcommunity.com/app/261470/discussions/0/616187204197071958/?insideModal=1

SAME ISSUE AS MINE......

I played a game as mortalens and humans. Each time after about 3 years in game time, my main homeworld colony started experiencing mass population drops at high rate of speed, talking days/weeks game time here.

I have HIGH development 175, high resources, wonders, full happiness, (even lowered to ZERO TAX) and even put the OTHER colonies on 100 tax. I watched the homeworld and realized in my game with humans they were being mass migrated to Dayut and Ugnari new colonies. I mean in a matter of days game time the population would migrate in the hundreds of millions.

Unrelated to tax, development, culture or even migration to my other colonies, as they are not increasing.

SAVE FILE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rh98fht4ohyw6h/Human%20non%20enhanced.dwg?dl=0

LONG VERSION

Like the title says see this thread for debate.

Hey guys I am playing a game as Mortalen, I've noticed that after some years of war...my population on my main planet which was like 22billion....22102k(as it reads) is like 10 billion now and my revenue has plummeted as a result.

Is this from migration to other planets in my empire? Troops recruitment? or both? I've never seen such a population drop (which brings with it the corresponding revenue drop) when playing as humans no matter how long my wars were, sure the humans got unhappy after a while and stuff like that sometimes, but half the population never disappeared, I've only noticed it with the mortalens.

Hi, I tested this on humans AND mortalens......same result, and immigration is SO FAST. within DAYS you could drop from 21000k to 20500...

It's madness, within a year you're like half the population. I lowered the tax rate to ZERO and it was still doing the same thing. I then even put the tax rate on all the other colonies to 100 and it still did the same thing. Like I said, development high, no taxes, lots of luxury resources.

And I tracked the migration to them going to the Dayuts and Ugnari...mainly them. Many many passenger ships, a constant stream. Colony happiness is high high high.

Looking on some more, I've noticed a constant stream of passenger ships from MANY other empires, coming to my system (sol 2) to transport migrants AWAY, they are taking my humans in the millions! Thats how they are moving so fast, my humans aren't going to my other worlds via my passenger ships, they are all leaving on foreign ships...

It was suspicious since my other colonies weren't growing by the millions I was losing from sol2.

*edit

I've traced the human migration to two main empires Ugnari and another. My colonies are happier, more developed than theirs. I've also noticed that in exchange I Have a high set of migrants on my OTHER worlds, so so like SOL 3 has 600m+ Ugnari. While SOL2 my main planet which is bleeding population has 0 of any other race beside humans.

SO it would seem the AI is taking migrants from SOL 2....and bringing migrants to SOL 3 and others because I realize my other planets have migrants too. So SOL 2 is the only one not getting migrants.

This really seems like a bug in migration. The fact that sol 2 has no migrants, the fact that 2 races are draining it of migrants but not bringing any to sol 2, the fact that it is the top colony with 175percent development...

< Message edited by Cruis.In -- 6/3/2015 11:33:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Mass Migration Bug - 6/4/2015 5:25:57 AM   
Bingeling

I believe there is a block against migrating to the capital. I find this fine, as it makes the capital a bit "special".

I also think that the mass migrating you see is indeed a bug. It makes the colony stuck in population growth, mass migration should not happen until the colony is close to being "full", say the last 5% wanting to migrate to make room for the future growth.

Some migration from a developing capital/world to new colonies of the same race and empire should be OK, but not more than a portion of the capital world population growth unless "zero tax" is done to the extreme.

< Message edited by Bingeling -- 6/4/2015 6:26:57 AM >

(in reply to Cruis.In)
Post #: 2
RE: Mass Migration Bug - 6/4/2015 6:18:25 AM   
Cruis.In

You some setting gone horribly wrong!

Worth looking into Matrix!

Also if you look at the colonies of the AI races, ALOT OF them bar one or two suffer the same thing with low population on the starting colony.....I am talking 8-10 billion and I've never seen that either.

Gotta be a logical error bug with migration, a whole number where a float should be perhaps :)

< Message edited by Cruis.In -- 6/4/2015 7:21:09 AM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Mass Migration Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI