Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not able to unload troops beneath large space port

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Not able to unload troops beneath large space port Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not able to unload troops beneath large space port - 6/4/2015 1:09:43 PM   
ringor

I'm new to DW:U, so please be patient with me if I'm behaving like a noob. I am.

I have invaded quite a few planets so far, so I know how this is supposed to work generally. Now I have a little pirate infection on one of my planets and I want to unload troops from a fleet of troop transports to attack the pirate facilities.

The targeted planet is in fact a relatively small moon with a space port that has a larger footprint than the moon (the circle of the planet is completely inside the hexagon of the space port). I can command my transports to load troops at this moon, but for the life of me I'm not able to command them to *un*load their troops.

If I scrap the space port, the invasion is only a matter of one click - but obviously that's not my preferred solution.

So what am I doing wrong? What is the secret to unloading troops "beneath" a space port?
Post #: 1
RE: Not able to unload troops beneath large space port - 6/4/2015 3:37:07 PM   
Bingeling

Yes, there is a secret.

The first secret is that the below won't work for a fleet, but for single ships. You can of course select a single fleet member.

Zoom out to sector view or so, enough that you see many systems. Control right click on the system with the colony, and the "unload troops at..." order should appear. Often, it is easiest to do things while zoomed far out in this game. Move to bases, attack bases, it is easier to target from very far out.

(in reply to ringor)
Post #: 2
RE: Not able to unload troops beneath large space port - 6/4/2015 4:25:55 PM   
ringor

Wow, that really worked. Thanks for your answer!

Testing with a single ship instead of a fleet was one of the things I tried on my own. Giving the command from zoomed far out also. But having to combine both steps - that I would never have guessed.

Is this working as intended? Because this is neither intuitive nor user friendly in my book.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Not able to unload troops beneath large space port - 6/4/2015 4:33:53 PM   
Bingeling

Elliot himself replied to a similar question recently, and seemed surprised it did not work for a fleet. One could hope there is a change incoming.

I am sure it is intended that it works well from far out, but it is of course not desirable that targeting can be so fiddly when close in.

(in reply to ringor)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Not able to unload troops beneath large space port Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI