Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

construction ships won't build anything

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> construction ships won't build anything Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
construction ships won't build anything - 6/9/2015 1:11:31 AM   
inyasha23

i'm using extended AI improvement mod 1.05 with the latest update. i built my construction ship and made sure they had all required part but they wont build anything they can only repair ships.

< Message edited by inyasha23 -- 6/9/2015 2:45:48 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: construction ships won't build anything - 6/9/2015 3:05:02 AM   
kenright

Does it have enough cargo space for all the components required for building a base?

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 2
RE: construction ships won't build anything - 6/9/2015 3:08:29 AM   
inyasha23

its the stock construction ship that comes at the start of the game, they have always been able to build gas/mining stations without me doing anything to them.

(in reply to kenright)
Post #: 3
RE: construction ships won't build anything - 6/9/2015 6:41:48 AM   
Shark7

OK, can you clarify. Are the construction ships stuck while building something or do they not even move to a location to start building?

I've never seen the latter, though if you are short of resources, a construction ship will get stuck with no progress until a freighter delivers the needed resourses.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 4
RE: construction ships won't build anything - 6/9/2015 7:20:11 AM   
RiftHick

Is it a size limitation issue? are your mining stations too big for your current allowance? While non economic stations above a colony can be as big as you want them to be...mining stations can't they have to abide by your size rules. If they are too big then either alter the designed of the mines to be smaller or research increased ship/base size technology.

If it's not a size issue then are you on about automation? if you usually have it on for them and leave them to their own actions then you might have turned off automation for them (maybe through the setting that allows players to disable automated on manufacture) accidentally. If so then find and select a construction ship and make sure it's got like a blue arrow (I think it's an arrow) in the bottom right corner of it's ship information if not then there should be a button on the bottom row to the far right end that will turn it on.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 5
RE: construction ships won't build anything - 6/9/2015 8:54:26 AM   
inyasha23

im an experienced player always play on expert with no automation, what i mean is when i first start a new game and build my first space port, explorers and a construction ship that construction ship wont build anything i can make it move to a moon or gas giant but cant build anything on them.

i always use the default construction ship and this is the first time i have had this problem. i never play without the AI improvement mod so i don't know if this is just the new 1.05 version of it that's the problem.

on some games i can build with the construction ships and on some i cant it seems random which new games will let me build with them.

(in reply to RiftHick)
Post #: 6
RE: construction ships won't build anything - 6/9/2015 9:06:45 AM   
DeadlyShoe

like Rifthick said, the most likely issue is that you do not have the construction size technology to build any of your base designs.

AIM 1.05 may be using base designs that are too large for early technology...

< Message edited by DeadlyShoe -- 6/9/2015 10:10:08 AM >

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 7
RE: construction ships won't build anything - 6/9/2015 8:29:38 PM   
RemoteLeg

Do you have enough cash for the thing you are trying to build? The construction ship won't make a move unless you can pay the cash up front.

(in reply to DeadlyShoe)
Post #: 8
RE: construction ships won't build anything - 6/10/2015 5:28:57 AM   
inyasha23

i have enough cash, they are the stock construction ship at the start of a game. when a new game starts i build a construction ship and on some new games they will work and build as usual and on other they wont.

(in reply to RemoteLeg)
Post #: 9
RE: construction ships won't build anything - 6/11/2015 2:23:11 PM   
mordachai

Maybe post a copy of your saved game - along with explicit info on what mod you're using (confirm exact version).

(in reply to inyasha23)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> construction ships won't build anything Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI