Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to conduct successful offensive operations.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> How to conduct successful offensive operations. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to conduct successful offensive operations. - 6/9/2015 9:54:22 PM   
wg335910

The scenario that I am referring to is Courland Pocket 44. I take the soviet side and I leave the German side to the AI. My question is a simple one. In my attempt at to break the German front line, I am rarely successful at opening the line so that my more mobile forces can pass through. In my initial assault, I usually make the German retreat. However, I find it very difficult to advance through the battle line. Most times my attacking units do not have enough movement points to move into the next hex, where they remain an impediment to my mobile forces. What am I doing wrong? I read the manual and it never seems to spell out directly what needs to be done. Or at least I am missing the point. I would like someone to explain to me in terms such as, "first you need to this then you need to that, and finally if you do it correctly, you can do this." I quess what I am asking is what is the correct syntax for a high probabilty of success in offensive operations. Thank You.
Post #: 1
RE: How to conduct successful offensive operations. - 6/10/2015 1:51:07 AM   
s2tanker

Echelon attackers? Have two rows of attacking infantry. Use the first to push back across 3 hexes in width. Then do the same with the second echelon. Then try to break through with the mobile formations.

Know the enemy and yourself...

(in reply to wg335910)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> How to conduct successful offensive operations. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI