Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead of defenders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead of defenders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead of ... - 6/7/2015 6:14:45 PM   
ringor

One of my planets (garrisoned troops, fortified bunker, medium space port) somehow gets infected by a hidden pirate base. Oooookay. I discover the hidden base as "0% complete" and attack it with my garrisoned troops (supported by local militia).

But.

The pirate raiders get the 100% bonus for defensive planetery facilities instead of my garrisoned troops.
Did they kick my troops out of their bunkers without them realising it?

If I remember correctly, a stationed troop general also counted for the pirates instead of the local troops the last time I attacked a hidden base (I didn't keep that save file though - this time I'm better prepared ).
Post #: 1
RE: Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead... - 6/8/2015 4:32:57 PM   
catweasel

Remindes me of another annoying bug: If you drop troops while an attack is in progress, they will join the wrong side. Just had this recently with the latest patch. No save game as well.

(in reply to ringor)
Post #: 2
RE: Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead... - 6/8/2015 5:49:30 PM   
HerpInYourDerp

The bug is probably due to the game not checking or tagging objects' ownership properly and crudely lumping everything involved with ground combat based solely on attacking/defending.

< Message edited by HerpInYourDerp -- 6/8/2015 6:49:59 PM >

(in reply to catweasel)
Post #: 3
RE: Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead... - 6/9/2015 6:24:59 AM   
catweasel

Did some more ground combat and noticed units being build while a combat is lost (and the colony in result), still appear "ghost like" in my unit list, based at the lost colony. Seems some flaws are there in general.

(in reply to HerpInYourDerp)
Post #: 4
RE: Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead... - 6/10/2015 5:31:59 PM   
Kastor6767

quote:

Remindes me of another annoying bug: If you drop troops while an attack is in progress, they will join the wrong side. Just had this recently with the latest patch. No save game as well.

Yes, I registered on this forum just to post this bug, but it's already on the first page, lol. Patch is latest, .12.
Me:
playing pirate (faction name is "Ketagor Group"); planet with my pirate base(first one, not fortress and not network) is being raided by competitors; I fend off their ships, then unload my troops to help defeat the invasion and... my freshly unloaded troops are helping attackers.

Forum doesn't allow me to post screenshot in a normal way, so here it is
h t t p colon slash slash i dot imgur dot com slash tureF9i dot png

< Message edited by Kastor6767 -- 6/10/2015 6:32:27 PM >

(in reply to catweasel)
Post #: 5
RE: Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead... - 6/10/2015 6:03:52 PM   
Bingeling

The image from the post above:

(in reply to Kastor6767)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Fortified bunkers supporting pirate raiders instead of defenders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI