Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't post pic/attachments..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Can't post pic/attachments.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/14/2015 7:54:51 PM   
Blabsawaw22

Whose genius idea was it to not be able to post any more pics/attachments after your 10th post??

whats the point? by the time 7 days arrives I'll be long not caring about the question and picture/attachment I want to post..

this ridiculous limitation only obstructs and interrupts the point of having a forum to show your question or problem..

I only see this thwarting off good people who want to post an attachement or picture

< Message edited by Blabsawaw22 -- 6/14/2015 9:04:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/14/2015 8:20:47 PM   
Bingeling

There have been quite a few incidents by forum spamming. Congratulate the spammers on interfering with normal forum use.

(in reply to Blabsawaw22)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/14/2015 8:39:31 PM   
aniketos

I understand the reasoning behind the idea but in practice, I think it's rather unnecessary. I cannot even use smilies let alone copy & paste my own issue with my Matrix copy of the game and I have been frustrated that I cannot put my problem up for people to see and help me figure out what's wrong with my copy. I found a thread in the Site Feedback sub-sub-forum and a lot of people are frustrated with this. It just gets in the way of enjoying the forum for new people. With Matrix starting to put games on Steam, I think dropping this policy is a great idea. (Imho.)

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/14/2015 9:01:31 PM   
Blabsawaw22

Could you post that site-feedback forum so I can mention how unproductive and ineffective this impediment is.

* oh wait, You probably can't post that link for me to go to the sub-forum cause you posted 10 messages in the last week right?

(in reply to aniketos)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/14/2015 9:03:37 PM   
aniketos

I actually tried and got blocked lol.

Post #: 5
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/23/2015 11:25:02 PM   
Arcturi

I've not even posted in the last three months and it won't let me post a new topic to ask a question...

Edit: and I'm surprised this post even got through.

< Message edited by Arcturi -- 6/24/2015 12:26:13 AM >

(in reply to aniketos)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/24/2015 12:52:38 PM   
Phuket

It is very frustrating to not be able to post any links or pictures in the beginning. All it really does is make people go around and try and find a way to post so they can get past that initial stage. It is extremely un-intuitive for inviting new people into the community.

(in reply to Arcturi)
Post #: 7
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/24/2015 4:29:05 PM   
mordachai

It blocks spam. Thank you site admins.

< Message edited by mordachai -- 6/24/2015 5:29:32 PM >

(in reply to Phuket)
Post #: 8
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/24/2015 4:32:38 PM   
HerpInYourDerp

It also prevents new players getting help by not allowing them post screenshots.

(in reply to mordachai)
Post #: 9
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/25/2015 5:23:02 AM   
DeadlyShoe

could use cdkey-registration to give bling and allow certain posting privileges like screenshots and posting in tech support

(in reply to HerpInYourDerp)
Post #: 10
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/25/2015 11:56:10 PM   
Blabsawaw22

yes, thats getting somewhere using brains that we have..

think Matrix.. think... and then think more..

Is there really that much spam for a space game that definitely only caters to certain types of gamers/people?

< Message edited by Blabsawaw22 -- 6/26/2015 12:56:57 AM >

(in reply to DeadlyShoe)
Post #: 11
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/26/2015 12:57:26 AM   
RiftHick

My only thought on this is why you didn't chose to post this complaint to a more appropriate section of the forum, since its a forum wide feature (Distant Worlds is but one small section of the forum) you are complaining about and not something specific to Distant Worlds itself. Consider moving this complaint to "All Forums / General / General Discussions / Site Feedback" otherwise you might not get any serious recognition for your cause, maybe if you ask a forum nicely they will move it for you?

As for spam, who says that the spam intends to cater to the usual visitors of this forum. Most spam comes from automated systems/ bots that are coded to go to forums of all kinds, sign up then post their pre-written blab however many times and to where ever they've been told to and then leave. Many of these bots are coded to log new forums they find so that other bots written by the same author have more places to go.

Post #: 12
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/26/2015 2:53:41 PM   
mordachai

Spam is a massive issue. It is a small inconvenience to have to have a conversation with the community here a few times before being trusted to post links & pics & etc. Rather than complain about waiting a reasonable period of time, you could use the opportunity to help others, or to ask other questions, and familiarize yourself with the forums you intend to use?

Also - you can be clever. You can upload things to other sites - such as media fire or drop box or whatever, and post a plain-text message indicating how to get there if you're desperate.

(in reply to RiftHick)
Post #: 13
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 6/30/2015 10:57:10 PM   
accolade

Umm yeah.. I've just been bitten by this forum bug. So I'm posting here to up my post count!

(in reply to mordachai)
Post #: 14
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 7/1/2015 12:52:34 AM   
Zap

They have not seen the hundreds of spam infecting the different forums in a in a weekend.

(in reply to mordachai)
Post #: 15
RE: Can't post pic/attachments.. - 7/1/2015 5:16:00 AM   
Orion03

I am just posting this so that I can get my post count up

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Can't post pic/attachments.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI