Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some ideas

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> Some ideas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some ideas - 6/18/2015 3:23:41 AM   
Vikingjohn

Wish List

1. The ability to seprate the infantry from their tracks:

I seen somewhere a moderator said they tried this but could not get it to work . I assume the reason was because of getting the AI code to handle this would be hard. BUT we only need this a option for human players so should not be hard put a dismount and remount command in the Subunits tab and the new unit would have same name with "Dismounts" after it.

This is a must have :) for cav units to sismount their scouts behind a hill and have them go Forward to recon without exposing their tracks to counter detection and fire.

2. Artillry is way overpowered , Its too fast should take longer then 2 min to get Arty on target. It should depend on who is calling for it. It would take a platton Sargent longer then it would a FO that is attached from the Arty unit to the Co.

USSR Arty response should be even longer during the 80's they used preplanned arty in mass , but didnt give their lower units the ability to call on heavy arty , but they relied on their own mtr's.

3. Overwatch/Kill zone stance , This is where you select a hex and then choose the number of hex's out from there that the unit will fire on any enemy inside this area. Canceled if unit moves

I get tired of watching my tanks shoot at infantry 3000 yards away while there is enemy tanks 500 yards away. If people are comming to kill me I am going to shoot the guy comming in mt front door befor I worry about the guy down the block.

This will also let us set up ambush's.

4. A Shoot and Scoot Stance ==

We could set up 3 Alternate positions (waypoints) then when the unit fires 2-5 times it relocates to next position

5. Air Assult

Get number 1 working this is possible :)

6. Random Campain Generator

You pick your core unit , and then the computer gets a random units, then it picks random maps from a folder of maps. Players could keep making maps and posting them and this folder would continue to get more and more making the battles more random. They would be meeting engagements but thats better then nothing. This would allow us to play alot more battles with our core's and there would still be the set Campains that players will make.

So basicaly both sides would start within 4 or 5 hex's of their starting side.

7. More Nations :) , If we are doing a what if with Nato and warsaw pact , why not what ifs for other countrys like Korea , Middle east and so on.
Post #: 1
RE: Some ideas - 6/18/2015 12:46:47 PM   
CapnDarwin

I will try to hit some of the high points of your list.

1). Many people would like to have this ability in game and we are looking at what we can do to balance game play effects (keeping IFVs close to troops, limiting gamey play where transports dump troops and run off across the map to take VP locations, etc) and AI capability to not only unload/load, but splitting and merging damaged units in a realistic fashion. We are planning to add some SOP settings in the new game engine and one of those will be a control on the exposure of the APCs after dumping troops. This will give the player the choice of protection versus firepower support.

2). Each country has settings controlling arty response and there are different delays for some missions and also differences in target tracking. We have plans to overhaul the current system going forward to allow for better flow of delays by command net distance, ammo/mission tracking, and target priority.

3). Units target based on an evaluation of spotted threats. Type of unit, threat of being killed, ability to kill threat, and many soft factors all go into the decision of who to shoot. No doubt that can be aggravating at times, but in many cases the unit does not see the target you do because another unit has spotted it. The new SOPs will give you a bit more control over engagement and allow for "ambush" situations.

4). Agreed. We are adding a new order in Southern Storm to allow for defend and withdrawal mechanic. This will also help the AI defend a lot better as well.

5,6,& 7). All of these items are a part of our roadmap to future releases. Southern Storm will be adding 4 more nations and we plan to keep expanding as we go.

Good set of ideas. Thanks for posting and enjoy the game!

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Vikingjohn)
Post #: 2
RE: Some ideas - 6/20/2015 1:19:50 AM   
Vikingjohn

Will FP:RS be patched to the 2.1 or will these fix's only be applied to the Southern Storm?

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Some ideas - 6/20/2015 2:35:36 PM   
cbelva

FPRS will not be patched to 2.1. The 2.1 engine or what we refer to as Southern Storm is a completely new game. With all the enhancements and features planned for the 2.1 engine, it has to be a new game. It is going to require some massive rewriting of code by Rob. We are hoping that we can keep it backwards compatible so that those who own Red Storm can play Red Storm scenarios in the new engine. However, we are still working out all the details as Rob is working on the new code.

(in reply to Vikingjohn)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> Some ideas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI