Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship design component sorting?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Ship design component sorting? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship design component sorting? - 6/26/2015 6:51:01 PM   
RhesusPeanutButterCups

So, sometimes when I'm designing a ship I accidentally hit one of the sorting options that changes how components are sorted in the left or center window. I have found no way to revert them to the default sorting method, which is critically important to me because my ship designs rely on the order in which components are built. I can't really see that when the components are sorted alphabetically so I've been restarting the game every time this happens. Is there something in the UI that I'm missing?
Post #: 1
RE: Ship design component sorting? - 6/26/2015 7:43:46 PM   
RemoteLeg

I agree that the sorting needs more options.
The only way I found to get the default sort order is to quit out of DW then restart, which is a big call I admit.

The components always sort to the default order at the start of a game. If you choose a sort order it stays in effect until you quit the game. The default order for components in ship designs appears to be the order they were added - new components always appear at the bottom.

I would love to be able to drag components to manually sort them in the list or at least be able to sort the ship components by category, as we can for the available components in the shopping list.
I like sorting by category - I like having all my engines/storage/weapons/etc. grouped together.

(in reply to RhesusPeanutButterCups)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship design component sorting? - 6/26/2015 8:46:14 PM   
Shark7

I wouldn't mind a sorting system that broke each component down by type, showing all choices, but putting the newest/most effective at the top of that list in bold.

IE:

Reactors:

Nova Core Reactor
Fission Reactor

etc

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to RemoteLeg)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Ship design component sorting? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI