Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A few questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: A few questions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A few questions - 7/4/2015 8:58:35 AM   
Caledor

How can i choose more than one mod? In excahnge theme i can just select one.

(in reply to Orion03)
Post #: 31
RE: A few questions - 7/4/2015 9:11:14 AM   
Bingeling

You have to merge them into a single mod.

Which may be everything between rather trivial to almost impossible, depending on whether the mods overlap or not in what they do.

(in reply to Caledor)
Post #: 32
RE: A few questions - 7/7/2015 7:19:44 PM   
Caledor

Why are my Passenger Ships doing nothing? Even when i have happy clonies with a low population and big cononies with a low happiness.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 33
RE: A few questions - 7/9/2015 3:32:16 AM   
Orion03

in my current game, someone is shooting at me with white banana shaped "beams"

what's that?

(in reply to Caledor)
Post #: 34
RE: A few questions - 7/9/2015 3:39:45 AM   
Aeson

quote:

in my current game, someone is shooting at me with white banana shaped "beams"

what's that?

Maybe a PulseWave Cannon? That's the closest thing I can think of in the base game, anyways. PulseWave Cannons are Wekkarus special weapons, though they might occasionally show up on derelicts. Silver-blue crescent, arc bulges in the direction of propagation?

< Message edited by Aeson -- 7/9/2015 4:45:19 AM >

(in reply to Orion03)
Post #: 35
RE: A few questions - 7/9/2015 5:16:15 AM   
Orion03

yup that sounds like it.

I was like "wow what's that?"

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 36
RE: A few questions - 7/11/2015 7:30:55 AM   
Caledor

I have not enough hydrogen for the fuel of my ships. I have 9 scources for hydrogen and i am smuggling hydrogen to all of my colonies, but i have still many problems to have enough hydrogen. How can i get more hydrogen?

(in reply to Orion03)
Post #: 37
RE: A few questions - 7/11/2015 11:34:29 AM   
Bingeling

By building more mines on hydrogen sources... Make sure you have built a mine on every available hydrogen source that is remotely nearby.

Building and deploying resupply ships will help, as the military can refuel on them. There can be multiple resupply ships and a mine on the same source.

If you design yourself, make sure that your ship got energy collectors to cover static use. If you run automated military ships, consider stop doing so, so they sit idle (and burn no fuel) rather than drive in circles around their designated protection duty. Also, if self designed, have you extra large fuel tanks that contain lots of fuel that is blown up in combat?

You can also consider to move the civilians to caslon reactors, that will split the fuel usage.

(in reply to Caledor)
Post #: 38
RE: A few questions - 7/11/2015 9:10:30 PM   
Caledor

Wow, thank you for the many good informations.

I have a gasmine on every scource.

Now, my military ships use energie collectors. I have a old description of the game where stands that energie collectors are just for bases.

At the moment i have no resubly ships. This could be the problem.

My ships have very large fuel tanks over 1400. At the moment i am reasearching efficient drives.

I have no automated military ships.

How can i choose that the cicilian ships use caslon reactors. Just my military ships are created manuel.

< Message edited by Caledor -- 7/11/2015 11:25:12 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 39
RE: A few questions - 7/11/2015 9:23:54 PM   
Aeson

quote:

You can also consider to move the civilians to caslon reactors, that will split the fuel usage.

I second this suggestion, and also suggest that you might want to alter the civilian ship designs to be more fuel-efficient (e.g. reduced size, fewer drive thrusters, use a Calista-Dal Warp Drive instead of an Equinox Jumpdrive), if you're going to manually create designs. My preference, however, would be to put the private sector on fusion (hydrogen) reactors and the military on quantum (caslon) reactors until you have HyperFusion Reactors, at which point I'd swap the private sector over to quantum and the military over to hyperfusion.

If you have or almost have the research for it, Energy to Fuel Converters can be useful, but at least for me improving energy collectors and mining rates is fairly low on the priority list, and you need to complete both of those lines in the Energy and Construction tree to be able to develop Energy to Fuel Converters.

quote:

How can i choose that the cicilian ships use caslon reactors. Just my military ships are created manuel.

You'll have to manually create the civilian ship designs. You might be able to get away with letting the computer design it if Quantum Reactors are researched after the Fusion Reactors are, but I wouldn't want to count on it.

quote:

At the moment i have no resubly ships. This could be the problem.

Resupply ships are better used as a temporary solution than a permanent one. I'd suggest that you might want to start looking further afield for hydrogen.

quote:

Now, my military ships use energie collectors. I have a old description of the game where stands that energie collectors are just for bases.

Every ship and station can make use of energy collectors, but not while the object has a nonzero speed as listed in the selection details panel in the lower left corner or the screen. Energy collectors allow ships to idle without wasting fuel.

quote:

My ships have very large fuel tanks over 1400. At the moment i am reasearchinf drives.

I would suggest that the amount of fuel carried by the ships might be more of an issue than the lack of resupply ships or the drives used. 1400 per ship is a big drain on your stockpiles every time a ship has to refuel, and you could probably get away with using less. Up to you, however.

Also, new drives won't necessarily improve the fuel situation, as it depends greatly on how much the drive is used, which drives you're researching, and which drives you'll be replacing. Kaldos Hyperdrives, for example, consume enormous amounts of fuel over long trips by comparison with any hyperdrive other than Warp Bubble Generators. Sublight drives generally won't make much of a difference to overall fuel consumption either, as they're primarily used in combat or while docking; even relatively short hyperjumps can easily exceed the fuel required for docking and combat maneuvers on most small(ish) ships.

< Message edited by Aeson -- 7/11/2015 10:34:14 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: A few questions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI