Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map orientation ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Map orientation ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map orientation ? - 6/23/2015 4:21:54 PM   
ETF

Is there a mod or future patch that shows the actual players units? Maybe MP forces in unique colors or something. Our 6 player group had great difficulty trying to figure out who was who on the same team. Orientation of the map with your tactical view was difficult to discern also.
Great time though! MP games vs. the AI were fun!

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Post #: 1
RE: Map orientation ? - 6/23/2015 9:19:28 PM   
ulsterandy

Also on this theme can we have our units marked on the map and where they are? Very annoying as to not knowing where they are even Wellington had an idea where his units were.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 2
RE: Map orientation ? - 6/24/2015 1:42:13 AM   
e_barkmann

Each mp commander's sprite is also identified by their multiplayer name, I use the left/right arrow keys to cycle through commanders to see who is commanding what

cheers

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to ulsterandy)
Post #: 3
RE: Map orientation ? - 6/24/2015 7:14:57 AM   
con20or

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

Is there a mod or future patch that shows the actual players units? Maybe MP forces in unique colors or something. Our 6 player group had great difficulty trying to figure out who was who on the same team. Orientation of the map with your tactical view was difficult to discern also.

When you select a general the troops thery control are highlighted on the map with a bright yellow border. The top of the map is north - most maps are printed this way. The 'eye' on the map shows you where the camera currently is and the location of your general sprite is usually marked on the map too.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ulsterandy

Also on this theme can we have our units marked on the map and where they are? Very annoying as to not knowing where they are even Wellington had an idea where his units were.

It sounds like the MP host had the map icons turned off or set to one of the lowest settings - you can reveal all units in the option settings just like in a singleplayer game.

(in reply to ulsterandy)
Post #: 4
RE: Map orientation ? - 6/24/2015 7:39:55 AM   
ulsterandy

quote:

ORIGINAL: con20or

quote:

When you select a general the troops thery control are highlighted on the map with a bright yellow border. The top of the map is north - most maps are printed this way. The 'eye' on the map shows you where the camera currently is and the location of your general sprite is usually marked on the map too.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ulsterandy

It sounds like the MP host had the map icons turned off or set to one of the lowest settings - you can reveal all units in the option settings just like in a singleplayer game.

Nope I played in single Historical mode all that was on the map was the eye showing where I was.

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 5
RE: Map orientation ? - 6/24/2015 7:50:46 AM   
con20or

Historical is one of the higher difficulties so the map settings will be reduced. If you have specific gameplay requirements I would recommend the custom setting, you can tweak every realism setting. Set map units to 'all' or 'all insight', but change the courier and enemy unit settings to what you like.

(in reply to ulsterandy)
Post #: 6
RE: Map orientation ? - 6/24/2015 11:29:16 AM   
ulsterandy

Yes that works tys.

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 7
RE: Map orientation ? - 7/7/2015 6:07:21 PM   
ETF

Will check the settings. Still all six of us veteran war-gamers still have a hell of a time relating to our battle map and viewing the immediate area. In MP games could we have units under human control highlighted in a color unique to the player. We can hover over the map and see names of commanders but it is very difficult to find them on the tactical view. I wonder if the color of the player could also be shown on both the battle map and the tactical map. We spend the first 15 minutes of each game trying to discern where everyone is with so many AI units floating around at the same time. We know where OUR units are just not each others....Well not very well.
Certainly adds a frustration. Otherwise the game is AMAZING!!

Ok vent over :)

< Message edited by ETF -- 7/10/2015 1:17:20 PM >

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter

(in reply to ulsterandy)
Post #: 8
RE: Map orientation ? - 7/10/2015 12:18:03 PM   
ETF

quote:

Historical is one of the higher difficulties so the map settings will be reduced. If you have specific gameplay requirements I would recommend the custom setting, you can tweak every realism setting. Set map units to 'all' or 'all insight', but change the courier and enemy unit settings to what you like.

Can one change the speed at which the "Camera" moves. Can't see to locate which option that is.....

Twitter

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 9
RE: Map orientation ? - 7/12/2015 8:41:49 PM   
ETF

Am I missing something....can't get any keys to bind. Do it all the time with other games. Is there something unique to this program?

Twitter

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 10
RE: Map orientation ? - 7/13/2015 1:04:33 PM   
ezjax

quote:

quote:

Can one change the speed at which the "Camera" moves. Can't see to locate which option that is.....

quote:

Hello

You can change camera speed from options screen. From main screen click options then click on options page 3. You then see the camera settings, move the bar to the right for faster speeds.

From within the game click menu, options, and you will see camera speeds.

ez

< Message edited by ezjax -- 7/13/2015 2:06:51 PM >

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 11
RE: Map orientation ? - 7/13/2015 2:27:46 PM   
AP514

quote:

Am I missing something....can't get any keys to bind. Do it all the time with other games. Is there something unique to this program?

Try page 80..about binding leaders...its in that area if I remember correctly

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 12
RE: Map orientation ? - 7/13/2015 8:53:19 PM   
ETF

You are correct pg 80.....must be something with my new keyboard I guess.

Twitter

(in reply to AP514)
Post #: 13
RE: Map orientation ? - 7/13/2015 8:53:46 PM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: ezjax

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hello

You can change camera speed from options screen. From main screen click options then click on options page 3. You then see the camera settings, move the bar to the right for faster speeds.

From within the game click menu, options, and you will see camera speeds.

ez

OK will re-check the settings! Thanks

Twitter

(in reply to ezjax)
Post #: 14
RE: Map orientation ? - 7/21/2015 10:01:56 PM   
gunship24

Yep, you can change the movement camera speed in the options.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 15
RE: Map orientation ? - 7/29/2015 1:12:03 AM   
saber255

I would like to see when you click on the map if you can inlarge it
with your mouse wheel because most of the time everything looks to crowded to see whats what

(in reply to gunship24)
Post #: 16
RE: Map orientation ? - 8/1/2015 6:40:29 PM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: AP514

quote:

Try page 80..about binding leaders...its in that area if I remember correctly

Thanks!

Twitter

(in reply to AP514)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Map orientation ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI