Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

12 February 1942

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> 12 February 1942 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12 February 1942 - 5/27/2015 2:12:03 AM   
SierraJuliet

12 February 1942

PHILIPPINES

After seeing John 3rd had used naval bombardments as part of his Manila softening up in his current game I decide to test the waters at Manila. AMc Takunan Maru # 3 is sent in to do some minesweeping and see what shore based response is elicited. A mighty big response it turns out and very quickly. She only has time to clear 3 mines before her mine clearing days are brought to an abrupt end by a shell fired from a 155mm M1918 GPF device fired by 86th PS Coastal Artillery Battalion. I’m still quite the novice at consulting the editor but this sends my scurrying there to do some research. This gun has a range of 16 000 yds. I have Fuso and Yamashiro on hand to do a bombardment run (they have a range of 39 000 yds) so set them to bombard from a minimum of 20 000 yds… just to be sure. I also figure that as the minefield has been located the threat from this source should have been greatly reduced. Moonlight is down to 7% so not too much should be seen from shore until the big guns open up. Finally, just in case of calamity, the TF has been set to return to Batangas (level 3 Port). So that is the plan to help soften things up before 7 Division arrives for the next assault. If all goes well Hyuga and Ise are waiting in the wings to add their share of support. If anyone sees flaws in my thinking let me know as the turn won’t be going until later today.

Manila is bombed – 12 runway hits. Not a good return but the bombers were dealing with heavy rain. AF damage is showing as fully repaired.

Japanese bombard at Manila – J (3 vehicles lost) to A 81 1 combat squad and 1 non-combat squad destroyed + 1 gun lost) casualties.

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 9 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 13 runway hits.

10th Group Army at 85,55 near Nanchang is bombed – 29 casualties.

Nanyang is bombed – 2 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 16 runway hits. AF damage is 9.

Changsha is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 3 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 77 (1 non-combat squad destroyed + 3 guns lost) to A 10 casualties. This place is starting to look ugly and I know the forts must be growing. Not enough firepower available to start bleeding myself here just yet.

Attacking force 13350 troops, 198 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1045
Defending force 90300 troops, 491 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2970

Japanese bombard at Pucheng.

Japanese bombard at Nanyang – A 53 (1 combat squad destroyed) casualties. This place however is looking more to my liking.

Attacking force 48968 troops, 392 guns, 105 vehicles, Assault Value = 1817
Defending force 31919 troops, 159 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1006

MALAYA/DEI

Medan is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 9 runway hits.

Soerabaja is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 1 runway hit. 24 bombers go in and we lose 1 on the way out to the 4 B-339D that are present. Another raid delivered in heavy rain… I so failed to check on weather last game and am falling into the trap of doing so this time around. Something I shall have to work hard on to incorporate into my pre turn deliberations.

Japanese bombard at Soerabaja – J 22 (1 gun lost) to A 51 (2 combat squads destroyed + 2 vehicles lost) casualties.

BURMA

Prome is bombed – 1 runway hit.

Japanese bombard at Prome. 33rd Division has arrived and the attack will launch tomorrow as AV now stands at J – 535 to A – 78.

PACIFIC

Japanese deliberate attack at Wake Island achieves 4-1 odds (fort level 2) and the base is captured. J 107 to A 1063 (38 combat squads, 100 non-combat squads and 20 engineer squads destroyed + 18 guns and 8 vehicles lost) casualties. Apart from forts the defenders had nothing else going for them and supply certainly looks to have helped me here. Glad I left this target on the vine for a while.

Defender: forts(+), op mode(-), leaders(-), disruption(-), fatigue(-) experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker: leaders(-)

Wake USN CPNAB and 1st Marine Defense Battalion are eliminated.

Lunga is occupied by the Japanese.

DMS W-5 taken out of commission to begin refit at Rangoon
DMS W-6 taken out of commission to begin refit at Rangoon

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 151
Road to Ankang - 5/27/2015 2:35:02 AM   
SierraJuliet

The race is on just down the road from Ankang. 2 Chinese units have are reported to be making a move to cut the road to Ankang and place themselves rather nicely behind the river. 61st Infantry Brigade has been on the road for a number of days and the race is now on the see who gets to the objective hex first. 61st has 31 miles left to go and I’m hoping that the road will give them a big advantage… unless the Chinese has got in under my guard and are almost there.

The Japanese force making a move on the back door to Nanyang can also be seen. 1329 AV is on the way and the lead elements are only 18 miles away from entering this hex. Up until the last turn Todd had a couple of units in the hex but they have retreated to defend Sian. I’m getting the feeling that Todd has left the Nanyang defenders in place as a road block whilst he shores up as many units inside and outside of Sian as he can. 12 units observed in Sian at this time.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 152
13 February 1942 - 5/28/2015 2:20:26 AM   
SierraJuliet

13 February 1942

PHILIPPINES

Everything seems to have gone to plan with the bombardment of Manila. I might leave Hyuga and Ise for a day or two and try to time their run with the assault. 7 Division is now 84 miles march away. 1 of the enemy units in Manila is now in the forested hex to the east. 2200 troops spotted. I’ve been aware of something making a run for the last week. A check of combat reports find that 45th PS Infantry Regimental Combat Team is the missing unit with an AV of around 50 as Allied AV in the hex has dropped from 1766 to 1707 although I can’t be sure of how much the bombardments and bombings have affected this total. I suspect Todd wants me to bleed off some of my AV to go chasing this fugitive. I can block his movement north by moving in the recuperating 56 Division and possibly split 7 Division. What is more likely to happen will be that I bring in one of the units at Roxas and use that to block a southwards move. Now for the naval bombardment results. AF damage at Manila is now at 22.

Japanese Ships

BB Yamashiro
BB Fuso
CL Kitakami

Allied Ships

SS Spearfish, hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
AS Canopus, Shell hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
SS Permit, hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
xAK Si Kiang, Shell hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD John D. Ford, Shell hits 1

Allied ground losses:

238 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 9 disabled
Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 30 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 4 disabled
Guns lost 4 (1 destroyed, 3 disabled)
Vehicles lost 7 (3 destroyed, 4 disabled)

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 19
Port hits 6
Port fuel hits 1

Manila is bombed – 2 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits, 15 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Manila – J (1 gun lost) to A 31 (1 combat squad destroyed) casualties.

Attacking force 3230 troops, 227 guns, 207 vehicles, Assault Value = 1971
Defending force 52043 troops, 737 guns, 684 vehicles, Assault Value = 1707

San Jose is occupied by the Japanese.

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 4 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits and 13 runway hits.

10th Group Army at 85,55 near Nanchang is bombed – 28 casualties.

Pakhoi is bombed – 1 airbase and 1 runway hit.

Changsha is bombed – 4 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 4 runway hits. AF damage here is 3.

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 47 (1 combat squad destroyed + 1 gun lost) casualties.

Attacking force 13339 troops, 195 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1047
Defending force 90451 troops, 491 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2984

Japanese bombard at Pucheng.

Japanese bombard at Nanyang – A 31 casualties.

Attacking force 49077 troops, 392 guns, 105 vehicles, Assault Value = 1823
Defending force 31908 troops, 159 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1005

BURMA

4/8th Gurkha Battalion at 54,51 near Bassein is bombed – 40 (1 non-combat squad destroyed) casualties.

Japanese deliberate attack at Prome achieves 17-1 odds (fort level 0) and the base is captured.

Combat modifiers
Defender: op mode(-), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:

96 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Allied ground losses:

1141 casualties reported
Squads: 62 destroyed, 12 disabled
Non Combat: 61 destroyed, 15 disabled
Engineers: 17 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 43 (38 destroyed, 5 disabled)
Vehicles lost 2 (2 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 5
Units destroyed 1

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:

41st Guard Battalion
33rd Division
55th Engineer Regiment
15th Army
55th Mountain Gun Regiment

Defending units:

4th Burma Rifles Battalion
Railway BAF Battalion
9/11th Sikh Battalion
4/14th Punjab Battalion
27th Indian Mountain Gun Regiment
103rd RN Base Force

MALAYA/DEI

Japanese bombard at Soerabaja – J 255 (4 combat squads destroyed) to A 31 casualties.

Attacking force 14182 troops, 198 guns, 74 vehicles, Assault Value = 1074
Defending force 29273 troops, 371 guns, 139 vehicles, Assault Value = 694

PACIFIC

Japanese capture Efate.

Repairs completed on SS I-162 at Rangoon, ship returned to service

62nd Naval Guard Unit arrives at Tokyo
63rd Naval Guard Unit arrives at Tokyo
64th Naval Guard Unit arrives at Tokyo
65th Naval Guard Unit arrives at Tokyo
67th Naval Guard Unit arrives at Tokyo
13th Naval Construction Battalion arrives at Osaka/Kyoto
12th Base Force arrives at Saigon

Post #: 153
Road to Ankang - 5/28/2015 3:11:08 AM   
SierraJuliet

The race continues. 26th Division is about to cross the river moving closer to Lanchow. This may have triggers a reaction as the unit in the mountains 3 hexes south of Lanchow is now moving back towards Lanchow. My unit racing to cross the river on the road to Ankang has 15 miles left to travel. 16 miles covered today so there is a good chance they will make the crossing this turn. The lead elements to closing the back door to Nanyang are now 14 miles from the forest hex behind Nanyang.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 154
14 February 1942 - 5/30/2015 2:48:37 AM   
SierraJuliet

14 February 1942

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 3 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 11 runway hits.

10th Group Army at 84,55 near Nanchang is bombed – 23 casualties.

84th Chinese Corps at 83,49 near Ichang is bombed.

Nanyang is bombed – 1 airbase supply hit and 9 runway hits.

Pakhoi is bombed – 1 airbase supply hit and 1 runway hit.

Changsha is bombed – 5 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 4 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 99 to A 7 casualties.

Japanese bombard at Pucheng – J 9 casualties.

Japanese bombard at Nanyang.

Attacking force 49114 troops, 392 guns, 105 vehicles, Assault Value = 1828

Defending force 31871 troops, 159 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1001

Japanese bombard at Kanhsien.

Attacking force 6981 troops, 76 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 338

Defending force 35684 troops, 264 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1279

The unit racing to cross the river on the road to Ankang has 1 miles left to travel. Hopefully they cross the river before the Chinese enter the hex and we avoid a costly shock attack getting across that barrier. The lead elements coming in behind Nanyang now have 10 miles to cover to get to the road leading out of Nanyang to Sian.

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 2 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 8 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Manila – A 70 (1 combat squad destroyed + 1 gun lost)

Attacking force 3230 troops, 226 guns, 207 vehicles, Assault Value = 1989
Defending force 52082 troops, 737 guns, 684 vehicles, Assault Value = 1705

7 Division is 61 miles away from Manila.

MALAYA/DEI

Medan is bombed – 1 airbase hit, 1 airbase supply hit and 2 runway hits.

Deliberate Japanese attack at 50,77 near Temuloh achieves 8-1 odds – A 333 (13 combat squads and 17 non-combat squads destroyed) casualties. 2 units retreat into the jungles and 1 unit gets left behind.

Japanese deliberate attack at 50,101 near Tjilatjap achieves 1-1 odds – A 58 casualties.

BURMA

4/14th Punjab Battalion at 54,51 near Bassein is bombed – 59 casualties.

Shwebo is occupied by the Japanese. The flight from Burma is complete and I have nowhere near enough combat units here to chase the fleeing units into the hills and mountains.

Previous report of sinking of SS S-37 incorrect. Intelligence reports ship is still in service.

CVL Ryjuo has made it to the repair shipyard at Hiroshima/Kure. Damage from that torpedo strike is at 04 10(10) 00 00 and estimate is that she will be good to go in 6 days.

BB Haruna has been a Nagasaki repair shipyard for a while now. Damage from the single torpedo strike on her is now at 00 07(07) 16(10) 00 and estimates are at another 57 days before she is back in service.

AMc Wa 1 arrives at Tokyo
xAKL Atsu Maru arrives at Tokyo
Yokohama Ku T-1 Det arrives at Yokohama/Yokosuka
45th I.F.Chutai arrives at Keijo
91st I.F.Chutai arrives at Tokyo

Post #: 155
Soviet Japan talks - 6/1/2015 4:11:55 AM   
SierraJuliet

Catch up time for the ongoing negotiations between the Soviets and Japanese. This all took place a couple of weeks ago game time. Todd took the liberty of penning this little exchange.

A low level member of the Soviet Embassy staff, attached to trade, invites and has lunch with a Japanese trade official, again low level. During lunch the Russian mentions that both countries would prosper by avoiding a conflict with each other. He went on to mention that it would be wise to pull naval forces back to territorial waters and leave international waters to non-combatant vessels. He went on to say that air assets might be stood down to prevent mistakes that could lead to conflict. After lunch the 2 men said their goodbyes and departed.

The following was relayed to Todd.

Air assets near Soviet territory stood down. No Japanese warships are ordered near Soviet territory. Those 2 low level men might need to lunch again to pass the message along.

It seems to have provoked an unhappy response in Moscow.

Uncle Joe is seething and berated Molotov for undertaking a clandestine operation to avoid a conflict with Japan at this time without consulting Stalin. Molotov manages to persuade Stalin to go along with the plan as it serves the interests of the Rodina.

In an aside we exchange these comments to each other.

Just over 50 turns in and Joe is seething... an excellent result. :)

Beware of Uncle Joe. He plays by a different set of rules. Just because he waited until the Red Army was in Germany the last time around guarantees nothing this go 'round.

It seems Stalin is a hard man to pacify.

Stalin stares at a map and mutters about Soviet shipping having to pass through confined waters that the Japanese claim. He tells Molotov to inform Tokyo that any and all attacks on neutral Soviet assets, military or otherwise will be considered an act of war.

A day later this report comes out of Moscow.

Stalin stabs the map repeatedly and shouts something to the effect as to how the hell can the CCP's ships reach some of their far flung outposts without transiting waters the Japanese are refusing passage through. He then says that if the Japanese think that he will let one brave Soviet man or woman starve they are sadly mistaken. He ends the meeting by telling Molotov that if the Japanese insist on these unacceptable conditions then they will not have the peace that they desire.

Japanese GHQ has heard that Stalin considers the Japanese conditions to be unacceptable and therefore peace to be unlikely. Tense debates are taking place to determine the best stance towards the bear.

A day later…

Staring at the map Stalin composes the contents of a cable to be sent to Tokyo.

The CCP is neutral as far as Japan is concerned and expects to be treated as such. Therefore the ships of the CCP expect to be able to peacefully transit the following choke points:
Between Hakkaido and Sakhalin Islands
Between Sakhalin Island and the CCP
The waters around Paramushiro Jima and Petropavlovsk

No more than a single merchantman will be sent at any given time unless prior notice is given to the appropriate Japanese authority. When a submarine or warship needs to transit these waters prior notice will be given. If at any time the neutrality of the CCP is violated it will be considered an act of war.

Tokyo to Moscow

Your proposal is acceptable. Soviet warships that enter the waters of Wakkanai, however, will be considered as hostile as there is no requirement for them to enter these waters to transit the passage between Hakkaido and Sakhalin. We wish to have no further Nozima Maru incidents.

From Todd

Having managed to secure navigational rights tensions have eased a bit, but on the borders tensions remain high. Yuri stamps his feet repeatedly on the frozen ground as he clutches his Mosin Nagant rifle wondering if the Japanese will attack tonight.

Post #: 156
15 February 1942 - 6/1/2015 4:19:16 AM   
SierraJuliet

15 February 1942

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 3 airbase hits and 19 runway hits.

10th Group Army at 84,55 near Nanchang is bombed – 14 casualties.

Pakhoi is bombed – 4 runway hits.

Changsha is bombed – 1 runway hit.

84th Chinese Corps at 83,49 near Ichang is bombed – 9 casualties.

Nanyang is bombed – 2 airbase supply hits and 5 runway hits. AF Damage is 4.

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 25 casualties.

Attacking force 13289 troops, 194 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1042
Defending force 90664 troops, 491 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3008

Japanese bombard at Pucheng – I have enough firepower on hand here now so we shall attack tomorrow.

Attacking force 12726 troops, 143 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 1040
Defending force 12447 troops, 68 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 348

Attacking force 49214 troops, 392 guns, 105 vehicles, Assault Value = 1835
Defending force 31941 troops, 159 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1006

Attacking force 6976 troops, 76 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 338
Defending force 35726 troops, 264 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1283

Allied shock attack at 82,49 near Ichang achieves 1-3 odds as 7th and 84th Chinese Corps force a river crossing into the waiting 34th Division – J 178 to A 817 (108 combat squads destroyed + 2 guns lost) casualties.

Allies bombard at Tienshui. This is one place in China I expect to lose in the near term. 1st Raiding Regiment is present and has been busy building forts. This is the first time they have been subjected to bombardment and I expect that next turn Todd will launch an attack if he has the supply available. Forts are at level 1 and at 82% towards the next level which is a shame as we are so close to getting that next level but I fear too far away to get it before the attack. 1st Raiding is a good unit and we have the advantage of a forest hex so we may get lucky.

On the road to Ankang 61st Infantry Brigade makes the river crossing on the same turn that a lone Chinese unit enters the hex. An unwanted shock attack avoided and now the work on ejecting the Chinese from this road. Over at Nanyang the lead elements are now only 6 miles away from entering the back door road hex to that target.

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 14 runway hits. AF damage is 29. Port Damage is 25.

Japanese bombard at Manila – A 66 (2 combat squads and 1 non-combat squad destroyed) casualties.

Attacking force 3230 troops, 226 guns, 207 vehicles, Assault Value = 1999
Defending force 52124 troops, 736 guns, 684 vehicles, Assault Value = 1708

7 Division is 38 miles from entering Manila.

MALAYA/DEI

Soerabaja is bombed – my Sally again come in unescorted and this today there be 7 B-339D waiting. 2 Sally shot down and 1 lost to flak! For 1 airbase and 1 runway hit.

A second raid on Soerabaja is carried out by another 19 unescorted Sally bombers… plenty of Oscar fighters available but not interested in escorting for the time being. 5 B-339D on CAP and this time only 1 bomber downed and that was by flak for 2 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 2 runway hits.

Japanese deliberate attack at 50,77 near Temuloh achieves 46-1 odds and 3rd ISF Base Force 205 casualties (19 non-combat squads destroyed) is eliminated.

Japanese deliberate attack at 50,101 near Tjilatjap achieves 2-1 odds – A 48 casualties.

5 Division is 42 miles from entering Soerabaja.

BURMA

103rd RN Base Force at 54,51 near Bassein is bombed – 40 (1 non-combat squad destroyed) casualties.

Ramree Island is occupied by the Japanese.

CM Kyosai lays defensive minefield at Tanegashima ( 102 , 62) and sets course for Nagasaki/Sasebo.

Repairs completed on DD Sazanami at Hiroshima/Kure, ship returned to service.

Paramushiro-jima expands airfield to size 3.

Singapore Det arrives at Singapore.

Post #: 157
16 February 1942 - 6/1/2015 4:26:45 AM   
SierraJuliet

16 February 1942

PHILIPPINES

The Allies still harbour some teeth in the Philippines. The Japanese TF was enroute from Roxas to Batangas to deliver 1st Independent SNLF Coy as a blocking unit at Mauban should the solitary Allied unit east of Manila decide to make a move south. Fortunately the unit was spread over a number of ships so losses not too great but I certainly rode my luck. Luck was also not with the Allies as John D. Ford managed to score 2 torpedo hits but one of them was a dud. Damage to AK-t Sado Maru stands at 19 68(31) 45 (30) 01 and she is 1 hex from Batangas. Touch and go… she may just make it but likely a good transport is about to go under.

Night Time Surface Combat, near Lucena at 79,80, Range 1,000 Yards

Japanese Ships

DMS W-1
DMS W-4
AK Hirokawa Maru
AK Sado Maru, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage
AK Kinka Maru
xAK Aobasan Maru

Allied Ships

DD John D. Ford

Japanese ground losses:

33 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Reduced sighting due to 0% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Partly Cloudy Conditions and 0% moonlight: 1,000 yards
Range closes to 10,000 yards...
Range closes to 9,000 yards...
Range closes to 8,000 yards...
Range closes to 7,000 yards...
Range closes to 6,000 yards...
Range closes to 5,000 yards...
Range closes to 4,000 yards...
Range closes to 3,000 yards...
Range closes to 2,000 yards...
Range closes to 1,000 yards...
Range increases to 2,000 yards
DD John D. Ford engages DMS W-4 at 2,000 yards
DD John D. Ford engages AK Sado Maru at 2,000 yards
DD John D. Ford engages xAK Aobasan Maru at 2,000 yards
Japanese Task Force Manages to Escape
Task forces break off...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Lucena at 79,80, Range 7,000 Yards

Japanese Ships

DMS W-1
AK Sado Maru, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships

DD John D. Ford

Japanese ground losses:

78 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 3 disabled

Reduced sighting due to 0% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Partly Cloudy Conditions and 0% moonlight: 7,000 yards
Range closes to 11,000 yards...
Range closes to 10,000 yards...
Range closes to 9,000 yards...
Range closes to 8,000 yards...
Range closes to 7,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 7,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 7,000 yards
Range closes to 3,000 yards
DD John D. Ford engages DMS W-1 at 3,000 yards
Range closes to 2,000 yards
DD John D. Ford engages DMS W-1 at 2,000 yards
Japanese Task Force Manages to Escape
Task forces break off...

Manila is bombed – 4 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits, 31 runway hits. AF damage – 16. Port damage – 21.

Japanese bombard at Manila – J 12 (1 non-combat squad destroyed + 1 gun lost) casualties to A 47 (2 combat squads destroyed) casualties. 7 Division is 15 miles from entering Manila.

Attacking force 3270 troops, 231 guns, 213 vehicles, Assault Value = 2011
Defending force 52183 troops, 736 guns, 684 vehicles, Assault Value = 1713

Japanese deliberate attack at Iloilo achieves 1-1 odds (fort level 2). A very lucky break here as adjusted odds came in at 25 for both sides. The fort level is reduced to level 1. J 66 (1 non-combat squad destroyed) to A 39 casualties.

Assaulting units:

Yokosuka 2nd SNLF

Defending units:

61st PA Infantry Division
3rd PI Base Force

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 1 airbase hit, 3 airbase supply hits and 18 runway hits.

10th Group Army at 84,55 near Nanchang is bombed – 43 casualties.

Pakhoi is bombed – 2 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits and 5 runway hits.

Changsha is bombed – 1 airbase supply hit and 12 runway hits. AF is currently fully repaired.

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 33 casualties.

Attacking force 13304 troops, 194 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1043
Defending force 90764 troops, 491 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3015

Japanese deliberate attack at 82,49 near Ichang achieves 74-1 odds – J 11 to A 825 (80 combat squads, 63 non-combat squads and 7 engineer squads destroyed + 20 guns lost) casualties. 34th Division routs 7th and 84th Chinese Corps and throws them back over the river into the swamp hex south of Ichang.

Japanese deliberate attack at Pucheng achieves 7-1 odds and the Chinese are kicked out of the hex. They are sorely wounded but will linger around in my rear area for some time being a nuisance I suspect.

Attacking force 33094 troops, 317 guns, 97 vehicles, Assault Value = 1045
Defending force 12465 troops, 68 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 349

Japanese adjusted assault: 784

Allied adjusted defense: 105

Japanese assault odds: 7 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), morale(-), experience(-)
supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
875 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 75 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 12 disabled

Allied ground losses:
4897 casualties reported
Squads: 138 destroyed, 17 disabled
Non Combat: 165 destroyed, 36 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 8 disabled
Guns lost 7 (2 destroyed, 5 disabled)
Units retreated 4

Assaulting units:

39th Division
12th Ind.Mixed Brigade
17th Division
22nd/B Division
13th Army
4th Mortar Battalion

Defending units:

28th Chinese Corps
100th Chinese Corps
3rd War Area
16th Construction Regiment

Japanese bombard at Nanyang – A 17 casualties.

Attacking force 49314 troops, 392 guns, 105 vehicles, Assault Value = 1847
Defending force 31894 troops, 159 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1002

Japanese bombard at 82,43 near Ankang. This is the road to Ankang action. The Chinese force is an Army Group so we shall attack tomorrow. There is another Chinese unit looking to make entry into the hex so we may well catch them in move mode if they enter the hex in the next turn.

Attacking force 5856 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 211
Defending force 900 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1

Assaulting units:

61st Infantry Brigade

Defending units:

24th Group Army

Attacking force 6981 troops, 76 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 465
Defending force 35699 troops, 263 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1280

Allies bombard at Tienshui. 1 more valuable day as forts are now at 89% on the way to level 2.

Attacking force 6831 troops, 16 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 195
Defending force 913 troops, 3 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 40

Assaulting units:

9th Chinese Corps

Defending units:

1st Raiding Regiment

Over at Nanyang lead elements approaching the road from the rear are now 2 miles away. Tomorrow they shall arrive and then march on the Nanyang.

BURMA

4/14th Punjab Battalion at 54,51 near Bassein is bombed – 36 casualties.

Bassein is occupied by the Japanese.

MALAYA/DEI

Japanese deliberate attack at 50,101 near Tjilatjap achieves 3-1 odds – A 13 casualties.

Japanese bombard at Lautem.

Japanese bombard at Kuantan. Not much left here so an attack will go in tomorrow.

Attacking force 1451 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 60
Defending force 912 troops, 29 guns, 34 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Assaulting units:

91st Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:

3rd HK&S Light AA Regiment
1st ISF Base Force

DD Uzuki beginning refit in shipyard at Okayama
DD Yuzuki beginning refit in shipyard at Okayama

Post #: 158
Cable from Moscow to Tokyo - 6/1/2015 4:32:10 AM   
SierraJuliet

Moscow to Tokyo

Any attacks on any of the following points will be viewed as hostile acts against the USSR.

Ansi

Hami

Kiuchuan

Kungchang

Lanchow

Sining

Urumchi

Wasu

A peaceful, demilitarized frontier is there and any incursion by Japanese forces will be regarded as hostile acts.

Well this is the cat amongst the pigeons. There is heated debate going on in Tokyo on how to respond to this demand. Kunchang and Lanchow are certainly on my list of objectives in this part of the world. Still away to go before 26 Division is at the gates so I may just go along with this and not attack (straight away) but I'm thinking there will be a terse message going back to Moscow telling them to stay out of Japanese Chinese affairs.

Post #: 159
17 February 1942 - 6/2/2015 4:53:11 AM   
SierraJuliet

17 February 1942

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 2 airbase supply hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 4 runway hits.

10th Group Army at 84,55 near Nanchang is bombed.

7th Chinese Corps at 83,49 near Ichang is bombed – 10 casualties.

Changsha is bombed – 1 airbase supply hit and 9 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 43 casualties (1 gun lost)

Attacking force 13295 troops, 194 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1042
Defending force 90815 troops, 491 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3013

Japanese bombard at Nanyang – A 16 casualties. 32nd and 37th Divisions (863 AV) have entered the road hex to the rear of Nanyang. They now have to traverse the 46 miles to enter Nanyang and then I will have sufficient firepower available to launch an assault here.

Attacking force 48335 troops, 388 guns, 101 vehicles, Assault Value = 1850
Defending force 31883 troops, 159 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1001

Japanese deliberate attack at 82,43 near Ankang achieves 8-1 odds and 24th Group Army is forced to retreat. A 422 (47 non-combat squads destroyed) casualties.

Japanese bombard at Kanhsien – A 16 casualties.

Attacking force 13518 troops, 105 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 461
Defending force 35796 troops, 263 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1289

Allied deliberate attack at Tienshui. I was expecting this but never thought that the result would be so tilted in my favour. Fort building is now at 95% so next turn the forts will have reached level 2. As fatigue and supply are issues for the Chinese I think my parachute unit will be able to hold this position for some time now.

Attacking force 6838 troops, 16 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 196
Defending force 913 troops, 3 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 40

Allied adjusted assault: 23

Japanese adjusted defense: 139

Allied assault odds: 1 to 6 (fort level 1)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), preparation(-)
Attacker: leaders(+), fatigue(-), supply(-)

Allied ground losses:
169 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 24 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
9th Chinese Corps

Defending units:
1st Raiding Regiment

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 4 airbase hits and 6 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Manila – J (2 guns and 1 vehicle lost) to A 39 (2 combat squads destroyed + 2 guns and 2 vehicles lost) casualties. 7th Division has arrived. I shall give them 1 day to remove some of their fatigue and then the second assault will be launched.

Attacking force 3252 troops, 230 guns, 213 vehicles, Assault Value = 2473
Defending force 52232 troops, 735 guns, 684 vehicles, Assault Value = 1714

Japanese bombard at Cagayan – J 10 casualties. Far too much allied power here to be launching assaults at this time.

Attacking force 1488 troops, 19 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 61
Defending force 10111 troops, 71 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 415

Assaulting units:
Sasebo 2nd SNLF

Defending units:
3rd PA Constabulary Regiment
103rd PA Infantry Regiment
102nd PA Infantry Regiment
3rd/101st PA Battalion
102nd PA Infantry Division
Cagayan USAAF Base Force
III Philippine Corps

MALAYA/DEI

Medan is bombed – 2 airbase hit and 9 runway hits.

Japanese troops unloading over beach at Tandjoengbalai.

Japanese deliberate attack at 50,101 near Tjilatjap achieves 4-1 odds – A 7 casualties.

Japanese deliberate attack at Lautem achieves 5-1 odds (fort level 1) and the base is captured.

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
C.XI-W: 1 destroyed
Hudson I: 1 destroyed
PBY-5 Catalina: 1 destroyed

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), fatigue(-), morale(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Allied ground losses:
85 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 5 destroyed, 3 disabled
Guns lost 19 (15 destroyed, 4 disabled)
Units retreated 2

Assaulting units:
16th Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:
2nd KNIL AA Battalion
Lautem Base Force

Japanese deliberate attack at Kuantan achieves 1-1 odds (fort level 2). Fort level reduced to 1 – J 23 to A 6 casualties.

Japanese deliberate attack at Ketapang achieves 18-1 odds and Pontianak Base Force is forced to retreat – J 25 to A 44 (6 non-combat squads destroyed) casualties.

No bombarding today at Soerabaja as my land units work on bringing down their fatigue. 5th Division has arrived so one day of rest and then launch the attack. 4th Division and two artillery units have arrived at Semarang from Singapore so plenty more in the wings if we get bogged down at Soerabaja.

PACIFIC

Lakatoro is occupied by the Japanese.

Repairs completed on xAK Kogyoku Maru at Hiroshima/Kure, ship returned to service.

Post #: 160
Tokyo and Moscow negotiate... sort of - 6/2/2015 5:03:39 AM   
SierraJuliet

Tokyo responds to the recent Soviet demand to cease military action in certain areas of China.

Tokyo to Moscow

Japan has no interest in the frontier localities of Ansi, Hami, Kiuchuan, Urumchi and Wasu. The claim that these are demilitarized localities is contentious. Japan refutes your claim that Sining, Lanchow and Kungchang are in any associated with the Soviet frontier. These localities are 400 miles from your border. The localities are of strategic importance to the Japanese Empire. There is no basis to your claim that these 3 localities, in particular, are demilitarized and Japanese forces will continue operations to secure the strategic interests of Japan in this area.

Since our recent agreement on the transit of Soviet vessels through Japanese Home Island waters Japanese forces have diligently abided by the terms of the agreement. The issue of border realignment between Japan and China is not subject of this agreement. Japan requests that Soviet authorities devote their attention to their own areas of economic interest and allow the Japanese Empire the same latitude in areas of economic interest pertaining to Japan.

Moscow replies in a very terse manner. Hmmm stopping military aid to Mao’s forces. The only way the game is going to model this is for Soviet forces to operate on Chinese soil.

Moscow to Tokyo

Kungchang, Lanchow and Sining are very important to our sovereignty as this buffer zone is impossible for us to monitor anyone's troop movements. Given Japan's past transgressions against the Rodina recently and in the late '30s we demand that Japanese forces not enter these locations. This is not negotiable. In return for assurances from you concerning this we will stop military aid to Mao's forces.

A source in Moscow reports the following exchange.

Stalin broods over some vodka awaiting Tokyo's reply to his demand. "This is not the time or place to back down," he tells Molotov, "They can't be trusted so if we can't keep an eye on them we have to assume the worst. Contact the Americans and British and let's see if our entrance into the war with Japan can be leveraged into more aid for us."

I think things are spiralling on a downwards trajectory again. Seems like we are playing chicken. Not sure how to respond… Acquiesce and carry out the planned assault anyway or just send back a similarly terse message saying keep out!

Post #: 161
18 February 1942 - 6/3/2015 1:33:57 AM   
SierraJuliet

18 February 1942

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 1 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hits and 9 runway hits.

10th Group Army at 84,55 near Nanchang is bombed – 12 casualties.

Nanyang is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 3 airbase supply hits.

Pakhoi is bombed – 4 runway hits.

Changsha is bombed – 3 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 1 runway hit.

Kanhsien is bombed – 1 airbase supply hit and 6 runway hits.

7th Chinese Corps at 83,49 near Ichang is bombed – 15 casualties. (1 combat squad destroyed).

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 16 to A 29 (1 combat squad destroyed) casualties.

Attacking force 13322 troops, 193 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1045
Defending force 90888 troops, 491 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3017

Attacking force 48399 troops, 388 guns, 101 vehicles, Assault Value = 1810
Defending force 31967 troops, 159 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1008

The 2 divisions marching on the rear defences of Nanyang appreciate the better road. They have only 16 miles to cover and should enter the city on the next turn.

Japanese bombard at Kanhsien – A 8 casualties.

Attacking force 13537 troops, 110 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 462
Defending force 35792 troops, 263 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1290

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 1 Nell lost to flak, 4 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 23 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Manila – J (2 vehicles lost) to A 12 (1 combat squad destroyed + 3 vehicles lost) casualties. Everything is in order here for a deliberate attack tomorrow. Our AV is at 2455 which is on par with the AV for the last attack 16 days ago. The Allied AV for the last attack was 1940 so it seems that has dropped and not recovered. I’ve also gone through and replaced many leaders and Ise and Hyuga have been ordered in to carry out a naval bombardment. AF damage sits at 5 and the port has been repaired so the naval bombardment is coming in at the right time.

Attacking force 3229 troops, 228 guns, 213 vehicles, Assault Value = 2478
Defending force 52269 troops, 733 guns, 682 vehicles, Assault Value = 1715

Japanese bombard at Cagayan.

Defending force 10135 troops, 71 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 416

MALAYA/DEI

The Dutch pull together enough aircraft to launch another attempt to hit shipping at Semarang. 3 139WH-3 and 3 B-339D are met by 9 Oscar. 2 139s and 1 B-339 reported destroyed.

Medan is bombed – 1 airbase hit, 1 airbase supply hit and 8 runway hits.

Japan occupies Tandjoengbalai.

Japanese deliberate attack at 50,101 near Tjilatjap achieves 3-1 odds – A 7 casualties.

Attacking force 1538 troops, 19 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 63
Defending force 1610 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 11

Japanese deliberate attack at Kuantan achieves 1-2 odds (fort level 1) (I forgot to turn off attack and order a couple of days rest).

Attacking force 1424 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 57
Defending force 917 troops, 29 guns, 34 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

All is in order for the first deliberate attack to go in a Soerabaja. 3 Divisions plus supporting units although I expect the forts have been well developed in this location.

BURMA

4/14th Punjab Battalion at 54,51 near Bassein is bombed – 18 casualties.

Japanese shock attack (crossing river) at 54,51 near Bassein achieves 8-1 odds and the retreating Commonwealth forces retreat again.

Attacking force 14409 troops, 163 guns, 32 vehicles, Assault Value = 488
Defending force 2092 troops, 31 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 35

Combat modifiers
Defender: op mode(-), fatigue(-), experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+), disruption(-)

Japanese ground losses:

169 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 11 disabled

Allied ground losses:

924 casualties reported
Squads: 19 destroyed, 13 disabled
Non Combat: 79 destroyed, 6 disabled
Guns lost 13 (10 destroyed, 3 disabled)
Units retreated 4
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:

33rd Division
55th Engineer Regiment
55th Mountain Gun Regiment

Defending units:

Railway BAF Battalion
9/11th Sikh Battalion
4/14th Punjab Battalion
103rd RN Base Force

PACIFIC

Finschhafen is occupied by the Japanese.

Repairs completed on CA Ashigara at Hiroshima/Kure, ship returned to service.
Repairs completed on CVL Shoho at Singapore, ship returned to service.
AK-t Sado Maru successfully docked at Badangas last turn. Her flooding has stabilized and reduced slightly with damage stats now standing at 19 65(31) 45(30) 00. She can sit here and reduce that flooding and then move into the repair shipyard at Manila once it has been captured and repaired.

CA Canberra is reported to have been sunk near Coffs Harbour on Jan 22, 1942. That is one of the Australian cruisers confirmed sunk. She is only listed as 34 VP. I’m sure she is worth a few more than that so appear Todd may have scuttled her.

Post #: 162
Hawks are starting to hover - 6/3/2015 1:58:12 AM   
SierraJuliet

GHQ and the political powerbrokers in Tokyo decided to test the Soviet stance.

Tokyo to Moscow

It is not necessary for the Soviet Union to monitor Japanese troop movements so far away from your borders. As you are attempting to prop up the ramshackle forces of Mao you will no doubt receive all the information you require concerning troop movements in the Lanchow triangle. This is a very important zone concerning the economic interests of Japan. Our forces will be assisting the local population to further develop what is currently a grossly under developed source of resources. Our forces do not need to enter these towns in order to offer this assistance. There is, however, the ongoing conflict with the forces of Chiang to consider. In such a fluid environment should it become necessary to do so our forces may have to enter these towns to protect them and the economic interests of Japan and the local populace. In these circumstances it is impossible for Japan to provide the assurances you demand.

The reply is swift and unyielding.

Moscow to Tokyo

As previously stated this is not open to negotiation. Japanese forces in this area could suddenly appear on our undefended frontiers and that is unacceptable.

Meanwhile in a sake-house in Tokyo City.

A low level clerk from the Soviet Embassy in Tokyo sips his Sake and tells his Japanese host that he overheard his boss talking with a high placed member of the staff. "Stalin has painted himself into a corner and won't back down because it would make him appear weak. That's the last thing he needs with what's going on versus the Germans. The Generals are looking for victories and after what happened between our two countries a short time ago they believe that a repeat of that is possible. If your government doesn't find a way to diffuse this situation I'm afraid that we won't be having our weekly lunches anymore."

Post #: 163
19 February 1942 - 6/4/2015 12:01:46 AM   
SierraJuliet

19 February 1942

MALAYA/DEI

SS KXI attacks and misses against DD Kawakaze at 70,113 near Alor. The ASW do a poor job of locating the sub.

SS I-122 launches 4 torpedoes against CM Kung Wo at 58,109 near Denpasar and is rewarded with 2 hits and 1 sunk enemy ship.

SS I-155 launches 2 torpedoes against AG Canopus at 58,106 near Pamekasan and scores a single hit to sink the ship.

At Semarang 2 B-339D and 3 CW-22 Falcon are looking for shipping again. 7 Oscar stand in their way and claim 1 of the B-339 before the Falcon make a fruitless run on xAP Ukishima Maru.

10 Vals from CVE Taiyo locate DD John D. Ford at 76,108 near Namlea and manage to get 1 250kg GP bomb to hit her. She is reported to be on fire.

12 Sally come in unescorted to bomb Soerabaja. The evade 2 B-339D on patrol – 1 airbase hit and 3 runway hits.

Japanese deliberate attack at Soerabaja. Very happy with this result and we shall rest until 4th Division + 2 artillery units arrive from Semarang and then we will launch the next assault.

Attacking force 43378 troops, 464 guns, 281 vehicles, Assault Value = 1567
Defending force 29733 troops, 372 guns, 149 vehicles, Assault Value = 717

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 3

Japanese adjusted assault: 888
Allied adjusted defense: 504

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 3

Combat modifiers
Defender: experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:

2728 casualties reported
Squads: 8 destroyed, 228 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 34 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 14 disabled
Guns lost 19 (2 destroyed, 17 disabled)
Vehicles lost 45 (1 destroyed, 44 disabled)

Allied ground losses:

1207 casualties reported
Squads: 70 destroyed, 71 disabled
Non Combat: 32 destroyed, 110 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 12 disabled
Guns lost 21 (4 destroyed, 17 disabled)
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:

5th Division
6th Tank Regiment
2nd Division
21st Division
Sasebo 3rd SNLF
Yokosuka 4th SNLF
Southern Army
1st RF Gun Battalion
3rd Mortar Battalion
14th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion

Defending units:

3rd KNIL Landstorm Battalion
Mobiele Eenheid Battalion
4th KNIL Regiment
2nd KNIL Regiment
Artilleriecommando Coastal Gun Battalion
2nd KNIL Landstorm Battalion
Marinier Battalion
1st KNIL Regiment
Lijfwacht Cav Sqn
1st Regt Cavalerie
6th KNIL Regiment
Commandement Marine
Djojakarta Base Force
ABDA
KNIL Army Command
MLD
Madion Base Force
Soerabaja Base Force
3rd KNIL AA Battalion
1st KNIL AA Battalion
ML-KNIL
1 ML-KNIL Aviation
2 ML-KNIL Aviation
Banjoewangi Base Force
Malang Base Force

Japanese bombard at Praboemoelih.

Attacking force 504 troops, 3 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 22
Defending force 1668 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 61

PHILIPPINES

BBs Hyuga and Ise bombard Manila – 134 casualties (2 non-combat squads destroyed).

Manila is bombed – 11 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits and 27 runway hits. AF damage now stands at 21.

Japanese deliberate attack at Manila. Forts are reduced on this second attack. 4th Engineer Company is wiped out (for 2 VP and being so early in the game I elect to rebuild). My engineers really take the rough end of the stick. In the final analysis a fair result I think. 3 of my divisions are in good shape and 7th Division down to about half AV strength. We shall rest for about a week and then launch again.

Attacking force 73397 troops, 804 guns, 854 vehicles, Assault Value = 2486
Defending force 52135 troops, 733 guns, 679 vehicles, Assault Value = 1707

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 3

Japanese adjusted assault: 1938
Allied adjusted defense: 3515

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 3)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), leaders(+), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:

7273 casualties reported
Squads: 24 destroyed, 490 disabled
Non Combat: 13 destroyed, 83 disabled
Engineers: 90 destroyed, 97 disabled
Guns lost 34 (5 destroyed, 29 disabled)
Vehicles lost 149 (18 destroyed, 131 disabled)
Units destroyed 1

Allied ground losses:

2594 casualties reported
Squads: 12 destroyed, 208 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 78 disabled
Engineers: 5 destroyed, 33 disabled
Guns lost 63 (11 destroyed, 52 disabled)
Vehicles lost 21 (3 destroyed, 18 disabled)

Assaulting units:
7th Division
3rd Ind. Engineer Regiment
4th Engineer Co
38th Division
2nd Tank Regiment
7th Tank Regiment
8th Tank Regiment
Kure 1st SNLF
1st Engineer Co
65th Brigade
16th Division
4th Tank Regiment
48th Division
1st Ind. Engineer Regiment
21st Ind. Engineer Regiment
Sasebo 1st SNLF
15th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
2nd Mortar Battalion
1st Hvy.Artillery Regiment
17th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
16th Army
20th Ind. Mtn Gun Battalion
3rd Ind.Hvy.Art. Battalion
9th Ind.Hvy.Art. Battalion
2nd Ind.Hvy.Art. Battalion
2nd Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
39th Road Const Co
10th Ind. Mountain Gun Regiment
1st Medium Field Artillery Regiment
8th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
1st Naval Construction Battalion

Defending units:
71st PA Infantry Division
14th PS Engineer Regiment
41st PA Infantry Division
51st PA Infantry Division
192nd Tank Battalion
31st Infantry Regiment
4th Marine Regiment
91st PA Infantry Division
194th Tank Battalion
21st PA Infantry Division
57th PS Infantry Regimental Combat Team
1st PA Infantry Division
31st PA Infantry Division
11th PA Infantry Division
26th PS Cavalry Regiment
2nd PA Constabulary Division
200th & 515th Coast AA Regiment
803rd Engineer Aviation Battalion
Manila USAAF Base Force
301st Construction Battalion
I Philippine Corps
Cavite USN Base Force
1st USMC AA Battalion
II Philippine Corps
Far East USAAF
88th PS Field Artillery Regiment
86th PS Coastal Artillery Battalion
Asiatic Fleet
Clark Field USAAF Base Force
USAFFE
Provisional GMC Grp

Defending force 10137 troops, 71 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 415

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 2 airbase hits and 5 runway hits.

Nanyang is bombed – 4 airbase hits, 5 airbase supply hit and 12 runway hits.

Pakhoi is bombed – 2 runway hits.

Kanhsien is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 1 airbase supply hit.

10th Group Army at 84,54 near Nanchang is bombed – 20 casualties.

Changsha is bombed – 5 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 85 casualties (1 engineer squad destroyed).

Attacking force 13377 troops, 202 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1047
Defending force 90987 troops, 491 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3025

Japanese bombard at Nanyang – A 6 casualties. Intel suggests that some or all of the Chinese units here are attempting to vacate. We shall attack tomorrow.

Attacking force 48444 troops, 388 guns, 101 vehicles, Assault Value = 2678
Defending force 32398 troops, 161 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1018

Japanese deliberate attack at 82,43 on the road to Ankang. This road is going to cause me some bother but I do have some armour on the way to assist. 1-2 odds achieved for J 631 (1 combat squad and 1 non-combat squad destroyed) to A 299 (4 combat squads destroyed) casualties.

Attacking force 13557 troops, 110 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 462
Defending force 35806 troops, 263 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1291

PACIFIC

New Hanover Island is occupied by the Japanese.

Repairs completed on DD Isonami at Pescadores, ship returned to service.
Repairs completed on DD Uranami at Pescadores, ship returned to service.
Repairs completed on CA Nachi at Rangoon, ship returned to service.

Previous report of sinking of DD John D. Ford incorrect. Ship sighted and engaged at 76, 108.

SC CHa-28 arrives at Takamatsu.
14th Naval Construction Battalion arrives at Osaka/Kyoto.

Post #: 164
Diplomacy - Cat and mouse negotiations - 6/4/2015 12:09:25 AM   
SierraJuliet

TOKYO TO MOSCOW

The Rodina has very long borders in the east. An impossibility to defend you say. The Gobi Desert is your buffer zone and any move against the Rodina would be long seen and defended before it could arrive. There is desert and little else happening along the length of your Mongolian borders. Events in Manchukuo, however, force us to postpone consideration of your demand in the short term.

Word has reached Tokyo that the town of Fuchin has been infiltrated by Soviet sympathisers and the Soviet flag now flies over the town! We cannot consider your demand to curtail our China operations when at the same time you profit by deceitful and underhand activities. Japanese forces have been ordered to reclaim the town of Fuchin. Japan does not expect any interference in this recovery. Should there be no interference we will be amenable to considering your demands in relation to your Chinese border.

I'd missed seeing this town flip. I think it happened in the last week of play as it explains a discrepancy in base ownership numbers I picked up one turn. It seems that word in the back blocks of Manchukuo takes a little while to seep out. Naturally this is of no consequence and it is not mentioned in the next message.

Moscow to Tokyo

Desert or not Japanese forces will not be tolerated in said areas. It is up to the Japanese government to decide if they desire peace with the CCP or not. We have maintained our peaceful posture and have not moved troops forward to this point in time and will continue to be the good neighbor, or not, based on Japan's actions. Is there something in said area worth going to war over from Japan's point of view? We can not and will not tolerate a clear danger to our sovereignty.

I think my next message will be along the lines that Moscow will have to act according to the terms they have set. For the time being 26 Division has a while to go yet before a strike on Lanchow could be considered. A bit more cat and mouse activity on the negotiation front I think. Of concern is the presence of fighters at Lanchow. They appeared a couple of days ago and are now reported to be 10 in number… no bombers yet.

Post #: 165
Kaga Aerial Photo - 6/4/2015 2:18:45 AM   
SierraJuliet

A recent aerial photo taken of Kaga at Truk. She is now a couple of days out of the Home Islands for a short session of repair.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 166
20 February 1942 - 6/10/2015 11:05:44 AM   
SierraJuliet

20 February 1942

MALAYA/DEI

Soerabaja is swept. 13 A6M2 Zero against 2 B-339D. 1 B-339 reported destroyed.

Soerabaja is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 1 runway hit.

Medan is bombed – 4 casualties.

Near Saumlaki at 78,116 10 Vals dive upon DD John D. Ford – 2 bomb hits with heavy fires and heavy damage reported.

Troops unloading over beach at Langsa. We find troops here that recon had not spotted. We don’t have enough AV so the troops will reload over night.

Japanese deliberate assault at 50,101 near Tjilatjap achieves 7-1 odds – A 42 casualties.

Defending force 1549 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 10

Defending force 1668 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 61

CHINA

10th Group Army at 84,54 near Nanchang is bombed – 14 casualties.

Nanyang is bombed – 6 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits and 13 runway hits.

Pakhoi is bombed.

Changsha is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 7 runway hits.

Kanhsien is bombed – 1 airbase hit, 1 airbase supply hit and 5 runway hits.

Japanese deliberate attack at Nanyang. A good result here.

Attacking force 74995 troops, 606 guns, 360 vehicles, Assault Value = 2681
Defending force 32439 troops, 161 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1025

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 2

Japanese adjusted assault: 1618
Allied adjusted defense: 538

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 2

Combat modifiers
Defender: forts(+), leaders(+), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:

2831 casualties reported
Squads: 8 destroyed, 201 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 11 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 27 disabled

Allied ground losses:

3084 casualties reported
Squads: 94 destroyed, 157 disabled
Non Combat: 46 destroyed, 66 disabled
Engineers: 5 destroyed, 5 disabled
Guns lost 17 (4 destroyed, 13 disabled)

Assaulting units:

37th Division
116th Division
32nd Division
13th Ind.Mixed Brigade
RGC Tax Police Regiment
36th Division
35th Division
12th Tank Regiment
2nd Ind.Mixed Regiment
138th Infantry Regiment
RGC Army

Defending units:

15th Chinese Corps
40th Chinese Corps
48th Chinese Corps
41st Chinese Corps
12th Chinese Corps
92nd Chinese Corps
8th New Chinese Corps
5th War Area
2nd Group Army
31st Group Army
22nd Group Army
39th Group Army

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 101 casualties (1 combat squad and 1 non-combat squad destroyed).

Attacking force 13388 troops, 203 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1046
Defending force 91139 troops, 491 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3044

Attacking force 13537 troops, 110 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 460
Defending force 35830 troops, 263 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1293

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 2 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits and 29 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Manila – J (1 vehicle destroyed) to A 134 (25 combat squads destroyed + 1 gun and 4 vehicles lost) casualties.

Attacking force 3236 troops, 228 guns, 215 vehicles, Assault Value = 1972
Defending force 50359 troops, 724 guns, 676 vehicles, Assault Value = 1483

Japanese bombard at Cagayan – J 19 casualties.

Defending force 10133 troops, 70 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 416

Japanese deliberate assault at Iloilo achieves 2-1 odds (fort level 1) and forts are reduced to 0 – J 70 (1 combat squad destroyed + 1 gun lost) to A 82 casualties.

Attacking force 1518 troops, 19 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 63
Defending force 3059 troops, 52 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 113

BURMA

103rd RN Base Force at 54,50 near Prome is bombed – 10 casualties.

PACIFIC

Emirau Island is occupied by the Japanese.

Repairs completed on CVL Ryujo at Hiroshima/Kure, ship returned to service. All damage from the torpedo hit in the DEI is repaired.

TK Akane Maru arrives at Hiroshima/Kure.

Post #: 167
21 February 1942 - 6/10/2015 11:11:30 AM   
SierraJuliet

21 February 1942

PACIFIC

SS S-18, at 104,134 near Deboyne Islands, shots and misses against SS RO-68.

Aoba Island is occupied by the Japanese.

INDIA

At 27,45 near Trivandrum SS I-154 scores a single torpedo hit on the fuel laden TK British Chemist. Fuel fires are ignited and the ship is reported lost. Quite sure this ship was enroute to Colombo so pleased to put a little dent in the fuel stocks at the base.

MALAYA/DEI

Soerabaja is swept by 11 Zero and no CAP is found.

Soerabaja is bombed – 1 FK-51 destroyed on the ground, 2 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 6 runway hits.

Medan is bombed – 2 airbase hit, 1 airbase supply hit and 5 runway hits.

Japanese deliberate attack a50,101 near Tjilatjap achieves 7-1 odds.

Defending force 1487 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 7

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(-), disruption(-), fatigue(-)
morale(-), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker: leaders(+), leaders(-)

Allied ground losses:

12 casualties reported

Assaulting units:

Sasebo 8th SNLF

Defending units:

5th Coastal Gun Battalion
Tjilitap Base Force

Japanese bombard at Kuantan.

Attacking force 1424 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 57
Defending force 878 troops, 29 guns, 34 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Defending force 1673 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 61

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 2 airbase hits and 8 runway hits.

10th Group Army at 84,54 near Nanchang is bombed – 31 casualties (1 non-combat squad destroyed).

Nanyang is bombed – 6 airbase supply hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 14 runway hits.

Pakhoi is bombed – 1 airbase hit, 2 airbase supply hits and 1 runway hit.

Changsha is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 4 runway hits.

Japanese bombard Changsha – J 43 casualties.

Attacking force 13379 troops, 204 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1048
Defending force 91184 troops, 491 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3044

Japanese bombard at Kanhsien – A 7 casualties.

Attacking force 13571 troops, 114 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 463
Defending force 35838 troops, 262 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1291

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 5 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 4 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Manila – J (1 gun lost) to A 47 (1 combat squad destroyed + 2 guns lost) casualties.

Attacking force 3252 troops, 228 guns, 214 vehicles, Assault Value = 2026
Defending force 50411 troops, 723 guns, 673 vehicles, Assault Value = 1487

Japanese bombard Cagayan.

Attacking force 1479 troops, 19 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 60
Defending force 10160 troops, 70 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 418

BURMA

103rd RN Base Force at 54,50 near Prome is bombed – 12 casualties.

Semarang expands airfield to size 4
Billiton expands airfield to size 1

Post #: 168
22 February 1942 - 6/11/2015 8:41:03 AM   
SierraJuliet

22 February 1942

INDIA

SS I-154 is subjected to ASW attack at 28,47 near Colombo. She escapes.

BURMA

Japanese deliberate attack at Lashio.

Attacking force 517 troops, 0 guns, 80 vehicles, Assault Value = 46
Defending force 412 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 4

Japanese adjusted assault: 45

Allied adjusted defense: 7

Japanese assault odds: 6 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Lashio !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), op mode(-), leaders(+), leaders(-), fatigue(-)
morale(-), experience(-)
Attacker: leaders(+)

Allied ground losses:

199 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 18 destroyed, 0 disabled

Units retreated 1

Assaulting units:

14th Tank Regiment

Defending units:

102nd RAF Base Force

HOME ISLANDS

SS Saury is flushed out by me tanker escorts at 126,46 near Toyohara but the patrol boats are unable to do more than upset her aim.

AUSTRALIA

SS I-22 shoots and misses against DD Tjerk Hiddes at 90,170 near Port Kembla.

MALAYA/DEI

11 Zero sweep Soerabaja. 1 B-339D present but it avoids the prowling Japanese.

3rd HK&S Light AA Regiment at Kuantan is bombed.

Japanese deliberate attack at Dili.

Attacking force 1161 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 42
Defending force 243 troops, 25 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Japanese adjusted assault: 37

Allied adjusted defense: 5

Japanese assault odds: 7 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Dili !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), fatigue(-), morale(-)
experience(-)
Attacker:

Allied ground losses:

294 casualties reported
Non Combat: 39 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 23 (23 destroyed, 0 disabled)

Units destroyed 2

Assaulting units:

16th Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:

2nd KNIL AA Battalion
Lautem Base Force

Japanese deliberate attack at Kuantan.

Attacking force 1433 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 58
Defending force 878 troops, 29 guns, 34 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Japanese adjusted assault: 24

Allied adjusted defense: 11

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(-), morale(-), experience(-), supply(-)

Japanese ground losses:

31 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled

Allied ground losses:

5 casualties reported

Assaulting units:

91st Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:

1st ISF Base Force

Defending force 1665 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 60

CHINA

10th Group Army at 83,53 near Wuchang is bombed.

Nanyang is bombed – 2 airbase supply hit and 17 runway hits.

Pakhoi is bombed – 2 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits and 3 runway hits.

Changsha is bombed – 1 airbase supply hit and 8 runway hits.

Kanhsien is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 2 runway hits.

Medan is bombed.

84th Chinese Corps at 83,49 near Ichang is bombed.

Japanese deliberate attack at Nanyang.

Attacking force 72496 troops, 602 guns, 356 vehicles, Assault Value = 2699
Defending force 29929 troops, 157 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 857

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 1

Japanese adjusted assault: 1825
Allied adjusted defense: 346

Japanese assault odds: 5 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Nanyang !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:

2345 casualties reported
Squads: 7 destroyed, 207 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 11 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled
Vehicles lost 9 (2 destroyed, 7 disabled)

Allied ground losses:

12431 casualties reported
Squads: 431 destroyed, 120 disabled
Non Combat: 529 destroyed, 48 disabled
Engineers: 58 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 67 (33 destroyed, 34 disabled)

Units retreated 11
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:

4th Ind.Mixed Brigade
2nd Ind.Mixed Regiment
35th Division
116th Division
37th Division
12th Tank Regiment
RGC Tax Police Regiment
36th Division
13th Ind.Mixed Brigade
32nd Division
138th Infantry Regiment
RGC Army

Defending units:

40th Chinese Corps
92nd Chinese Corps
12th Chinese Corps
41st Chinese Corps
8th New Chinese Corps
22nd Group Army
39th Group Army
2nd Group Army
5th War Area
15th Chinese Corps
31st Group Army
48th Chinese Corps

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 64 casualties.

Attacking force 13400 troops, 208 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1047
Defending force 91276 troops, 491 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3056

Attacking force 13576 troops, 114 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 463
Defending force 35869 troops, 262 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1294

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 3 airbase supply hits and 12 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Manila – J (10 guns and 1 vehicle lost) to A 73 (2 combat squads, 1 non-combat squad + 2 guns and 2 vehicles lost) casualties.

Attacking force 3270 troops, 231 guns, 217 vehicles, Assault Value = 2087
Defending force 50577 troops, 721 guns, 673 vehicles, Assault Value = 1497

Defending force 10149 troops, 70 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 417

PACIFIC

Japanese deliberate attack at Salamaua.

Attacking force 949 troops, 3 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 37
Defending force 85 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 5

Japanese adjusted assault: 28

Allied adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 28 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), op mode(-), leaders(+), preparation(-)
fatigue(-), morale(-), experience(-)

Attacker:

Allied ground losses:

124 casualties reported
Squads: 4 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 7 destroyed, 0 disabled

Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:

7th Indpt SNLF Coy
II/81st Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:

A Coy/NG Rifles

Wau is occupied by the Japanese.

Repairs completed on CVL Shoho at Batavia, ship returned to service.
Repairs completed on DD Amagiri at Batavia, ship returned to service.

Port Blair expands airfield to size 2.

AM Ballarat is reported to have been sunk near Singapore on Dec 25, 1941.

Post #: 169
23 February 1942 - 6/17/2015 10:54:59 PM   
SierraJuliet

23 February 1942

MALAYA/DEI

Troops unloading over beach at Boela.

Soerabaja is swept – 1 B-339 at home and it is destroyed.

Soerabaja is bombed – 1 Sally downed by flak, 1 Falcon destroyed on the ground, 2 airbase hits and 8 runway hits.

3rd HK&S Light AA Regiment at Kuantan is bombed – 5 casualties.

Medan is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 1 runway hit.

Defending force 1680 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 60

Roti is occupied by the Japanese.

INDIA

At 28,47 near Colombo SS I-154 attacks and misses TK British Aviator. Would have been nice to pick off another tanker.

SS I-154 shots and misses against DD Express at 28,47 near Colombo. Express and Isis score 4 hits. Damage is at 07 03 02(01) 00 which is pleasing. Back to base for some R&R.

CHINA

Pakhoi is bombed – 1 airbase supply hit and 3 runway hits.

Changsha is bombed – 2 runway hits.

Kanhsien is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 3 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Changsha - J 10 to A 8 casualties.

Attacking force 13366 troops, 209 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1047
Defending force 84447 troops, 424 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2820

Attacking force 13576 troops, 114 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 463
Defending force 33542 troops, 262 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1261

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 7 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Manila – J (3 guns lost) to A 62 (2 combat squads + 1 vehicle lost) casualties.

Attacking force 3254 troops, 219 guns, 216 vehicles, Assault Value = 2127
Defending force 50659 troops, 719 guns, 671 vehicles, Assault Value = 1507

Defending force 10152 troops, 70 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 418

Japanese deliberate attack at Iloilo.

Attacking force 1501 troops, 18 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 62
Defending force 2964 troops, 52 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 101

Japanese adjusted assault: 13
Allied adjusted defense: 32

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 0)

Combat modifiers
Defender: leaders(+), morale(-), experience(-), supply(-)

Japanese ground losses:

11 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:

103 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 9 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Assaulting units:

Yokosuka 2nd SNLF

Defending units:

3rd PI Base Force

Repairs completed on CV Shokaku at Batavia, ship returned to service

Post #: 170
24 February 1942 - 7/7/2015 10:07:39 PM   
SierraJuliet

24 February 1942

MALAYA/DEI

1st ISF Base Force at Kuantan is bombed – 7 casualties.

Soerabaja is swept and bombed – 2 airbase hit, 3 airbase supply hits and 21 runway hits + 1 bomb hits CM Krakatau and she is reported as sunk.

Medan is bombed – 1 runway hit.

Japanese bombard Soerabaja – J 13 to A 23 (1 combat squad destroyed) casualties.

Japanese bombard Cagayan – J 11 casaulties.

Defending force 10153 troops, 70 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 416

Japanese capture Boela.

Japanese bombard Praboemoelih – J 11 casualties.

Japanese bombard Mergui.

Attacking force 126 troops, 2 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 11
Defending force 214 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 5

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 1 runway hit.

33rd Chinese Corps at 84,41 near Sian is bombed – 161 casualties (1 non-combat squad destroyed).

10th Group Army at 83,53 near Wuchang is bombed.

7th Chinese Corps at 83,49 near Ichang is bombed – 7 casualties.

Pakhoi is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 1 runway hit.

Changsha is bombed – 3 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits and 15 runway hits.

Kanhsien is bombed – 1 airbase supply hit and 4 runway hits.

Japanese bombard Changsha – J 64 to A 8 casualties.

Attacking force 30373 troops, 358 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1050
Defending force 84526 troops, 424 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2832

Japanese deliberate attack at 82,43 near Ankang.

Attacking force 6104 troops, 38 guns, 82 vehicles, Assault Value = 232
Defending force 5956 troops, 34 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 215

Japanese adjusted assault: 224
Allied adjusted defense: 181

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), experience(-)

Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
62 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 3 disabled

Allied ground losses:
462 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 56 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Guns lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Assaulting units:
9th Armored Car Co
61st Infantry Brigade
15th Tank Regiment

Defending units:
90th Chinese Corps

Japanese bombard at Kanhsien – A 9 casualties.

Attacking force 13586 troops, 120 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 463
Defending force 33585 troops, 262 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1267

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 7 casualties, 1 airbase hit, 3 airbase supply hits and 20 runway hits.

Japanese bombard Manila – J 6 to A 103 (3 combat squads destroyed + 1 gun lost) casualties.

Attacking force 3254 troops, 225 guns, 218 vehicles, Assault Value = 2166
Defending force 50798 troops, 718 guns, 670 vehicles, Assault Value = 1522

MANCHURIA

Fuchin is occupied by the Japanese.

Repairs completed on DD Akatsuki at Singapore, ship returned to service.
Repairs completed on CA Chikuma at Yokohama/Yokosuka, ship returned to service.
Repairs completed on DD Minegumo at Shanghai, ship returned to service.
Repairs completed on DD Arashi at Rangoon, ship returned to service.

CM Krakatau is reported to have been sunk near Soerabaja on Feb 24, 1942.

10th Garrison Unit arrives at Nagoya.
11th Garrison Unit arrives at Kumamoto.

Post #: 171
25 February 1942 - 7/7/2015 10:13:02 PM   
SierraJuliet

25 February 1942

MALAYA/DEI

SS KXVIII shoots and misses against DD Namikaze at 52,99 near Kalidjati.

3rd HK&S Light AA Regiment at Kuantan is bombed – 10 casualties.

Medan is bombed.

Japanese bombard at Soerabaja – J 10 (4 guns destroyed) to A 5 casualties.

Attacking force 1045 troops, 96 guns, 49 vehicles, Assault Value = 1953
Defending force 28325 troops, 373 guns, 155 vehicles, Assault Value = 629

Japanese deliberate attack at Kuantan.

Attacking force 5061 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 186
Defending force 831 troops, 29 guns, 34 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Japanese adjusted assault: 58

Japanese assault odds: 8 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Kuantan !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(-), fatigue(-), morale(-)
experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker: op mode(-), fatigue(-)

Allied ground losses:
399 casualties reported
Non Combat: 71 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 8 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 33 (33 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 36 (36 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 2

Assaulting units:
41st Infantry Regiment
91st Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:
1st ISF Base Force

Japanese bombard at Praboemoelih – A 8 casualties.

Defending force 1680 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 60

Japanese bombard at Mergui.

Defending force 214 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 5

BURMA

Bhamo is occupied by the Japanese.

CHINA

41st Chinese Corps at 84,45 near Nanyang is bombed – 211 (2 non-combat squads destroyed) casualties.

92nd Chinese Corps at 84,45 near Nanyang is bombed.

Changsha is bombed – 5 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits and 7 runway hits.

Pakhoi is bombed – 2 airbase hits and 1 runway hit.

Japanese bombard Changsha – J 107 to A 7 casualties.

Japanese bombard Kanhsien.

Defending force 33583 troops, 261 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1268

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 12 airbase hits, 3 airbase supply hits and 21 runway hits.

Japanese bombard Manila – J 5 (1 non-combat squad destroyed + 1 gun and 3 vehicles lost) to A 53 (3 combat squads destroyed) casualties.

Attacking force 3249 troops, 225 guns, 218 vehicles, Assault Value = 2191
Defending force 50869 troops, 717 guns, 670 vehicles, Assault Value = 1531

Japanese bombard Cagayan – J 9 casualties.

Defending force 10176 troops, 70 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 417

Japanese deliberate attack at Iloilo.

Attacking force 1501 troops, 18 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 62
Defending force 2875 troops, 51 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 91

Japanese adjusted assault: 50

Allied adjusted defense: 19

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Iloilo !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: preparation(-), morale(-), experience(-), supply(-)

Japanese ground losses:
44 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled

Allied ground losses:
3450 casualties reported
Squads: 187 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 173 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 9 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 59 (59 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 2

Assaulting units:
Yokosuka 2nd SNLF

Defending units:
3rd PI Base Force

Repairs completed on DD Shiranui at Yokohama/Yokosuka, ship returned to service.
DD Minazuki beginning refit in shipyard at Shanghai.
DD Fumizuki beginning refit in shipyard at Shanghai.
DD Nagatsuki beginning refit in shipyard at Shanghai.
Zuiho-1 on CVL Zuiho converting to size 18 from 12.

Post #: 172
26 February 1942 - 7/10/2015 1:17:58 PM   
SierraJuliet

26 February 1942

MALAYA/DEI

SS I-155 attacks SS KXII at 58,106 near Pamekasan and misses.

Pakanbaroe Det. at Pakanbaroe is bombed – 21 casualties.

Soerabaja is bombed – 1 FK-51 destroyed on the ground, 5 runway hits.

108th/2 Base Force at Mergui is bombed.

Medan is bombed – 1 airbase hit.

Japanese deliberate attack at Soerabaja.

Attacking force 56734 troops, 631 guns, 322 vehicles, Assault Value = 1969
Defending force 28389 troops, 373 guns, 155 vehicles, Assault Value = 633

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 2
Japanese adjusted assault: 923
Allied adjusted defense: 435

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 2)
Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 2

Combat modifiers
Defender: forts(+), leaders(+), leaders(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
3165 casualties reported
Squads: 8 destroyed, 320 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 35 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 26 disabled
Guns lost 19 (1 destroyed, 18 disabled)
Vehicles lost 14 (1 destroyed, 13 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
2458 casualties reported
Squads: 31 destroyed, 137 disabled
Non Combat: 8 destroyed, 99 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 36 disabled
Guns lost 47 (8 destroyed, 39 disabled)
Vehicles lost 78 (20 destroyed, 58 disabled)

Assaulting units:
21st Division
6th Tank Regiment
5th Division
Sasebo 3rd SNLF
4th Division
2nd Division
Yokosuka 4th SNLF
1st RF Gun Battalion
18th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
Southern Army
3rd Medium Field Artillery Regiment
3rd Mortar Battalion
14th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion

Defending units:
Mobiele Eenheid Battalion
1st Regt Cavalerie
1st KNIL Regiment
Lijfwacht Cav Sqn
Artilleriecommando Coastal Gun Battalion
2nd KNIL Regiment
4th KNIL Regiment
Marinier Battalion
2nd KNIL Landstorm Battalion
6th KNIL Regiment
ABDA
2 ML-KNIL Aviation
1st KNIL AA Battalion
1 ML-KNIL Aviation
Madion Base Force
ML-KNIL
Banjoewangi Base Force
KNIL Army Command
MLD
Djojakarta Base Force
3rd KNIL AA Battalion
Commandement Marine
Soerabaja Base Force
Malang Base Force

Japanese Deliberate attack at 50,101 near Tjukatjap.

Defending force 1340 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 8

Japanese adjusted assault: 14

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(-), fatigue(-), morale(-)
experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker: leaders(+), leaders(-), fatigue(-)

Japanese ground losses:
11 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
46 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 4 disabled

Assaulting units:
Sasebo 8th SNLF

Defending units:
Tjilitap Base Force

Defending force 1693 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 61

INDIA

SS I-166 attacks and misses against DD Encounter at 28,46 near Colombo. Encounter and Isis score 4 hits on our sub… back to port for repair.

SS I-175 attacks and misses against DE Sutlej at 27,48 near Colombo. DD Electra searches but is unable to locate the sub.

CHINA

Kukong is bombed.

Pakhoi is bombed – 1 airbase hit.

Changsha is bombed – 1 airbase hit, 2 airbase supply hits and 23 runway hits.

Kanhsien is bombed – 2 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits and 8 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 152 (1 squad destroyed) to A 20 casualties.

Attacking force 30288 troops, 360 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1041
Defending force 84585 troops, 424 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2833

Japanese deliberate attack at 82,43 near Ankang.

Attacking force 6065 troops, 38 guns, 82 vehicles, Assault Value = 228
Defending force 5649 troops, 33 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 173

Japanese adjusted assault: 215
Allied adjusted defense: 121

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), op mode(-), leaders(+), experience(-)

Japanese ground losses:
33 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Allied ground losses:
205 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 24 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Assaulting units:
61st Infantry Brigade
9th Armored Car Co
15th Tank Regiment

Defending units:
90th Chinese Corps

Defending force 33635 troops, 261 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1272

PHILIPPINES

Manila is bombed – 2 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 2 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Manila – J (2 gun lost) to A 65 (10 combat squads and 1 non-combat squad destroyed + 1 gun and 1 vehicle lost) casualties.

Attacking force 3242 troops, 226 guns, 217 vehicles, Assault Value = 2218
Defending force 50935 troops, 717 guns, 670 vehicles, Assault Value = 1540

Defending force 10166 troops, 70 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 417

BURMA

Repairs completed on CL Kuma at Osaka/Kyoto, ship returned to service.
Repairs completed on CL Tatsuta at Osaka/Kyoto, ship returned to service.
Repairs completed on CL Abukuma at Yokohama/Yokosuka, ship returned to service.
Repairs completed on BB Fuso at Singapore, ship returned to service.

Previous report of sinking of SS O23 incorrect. Intelligence reports ship is still in service.

CS Nisshin arrives at Nagasaki/Sasebo.
40th JNAF AF Unit arrives.

Post #: 173
Holiday - 7/25/2015 5:46:23 AM   
SierraJuliet

Just back from a week abroad in Japan. An adventurous time and I finally got the time to board Hikawa Maru. If this post works out I may post some more shots.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 174
Capsize - 7/25/2015 5:48:13 AM   
SierraJuliet

That worked so well I have another ready to go. Hopefully the print is not too small to read. An interesting snippet on a particular day in the life of Hikawa Maru.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 175
27 February 1942 - 7/26/2015 9:40:36 AM   
SierraJuliet

27 February 1942

INDIA

SS I-121 is sighted and attacked by DD Isis and is hit 4 times at 28,46 near Colombo.

SS I-158 operating at 27,44 near Trivandrum locates the following targets. The captain ignores the juicy targets and lets fire with 6 torpedoes against DD Griffin for no result.
Allied Ships

DD Griffin
xAP Santhia
xAP Moreton Bay
xAK Industria
xAK African Prince
DD Fortune

SS I-158 attacks DD Isis at 27,42 near Trivandrum but no luck.

MALAYA/DEI

SS I-155 operating at 58,106 near Pamekasan locates AMcs Aroe and Bogor. 1 torpedo sends Aroe to the bottom.

SS I-122 strikes against AMc Ceram with 1 torpedo hit at 58,109 near Denpasar.

Medan Garrison Battalion at 46,76 at Medan is bombed - 25 casualties.

During the afternoon 13 Betty locate 3 AMc at 58, 109 near Denpasar. AMc Alor and Bogor each take a torpedo and sink. Cheribon escapes.

108th/2 Base Force at Mergui is bombed.

Medan is bombed.

Soerabaja is bombed – 1 Sally lost to flak, 5 casualties, 4 airbase hits, 4 airbase supply hits and 14 runway hits.

10 Betty locate 2 AMc (Kawi and Ardjoeno) near 61,108 near Mataram but cannot score with their bombs being dropped from 12 000 feet.

Troops unloading over beach at Babo.

Japanese bombard at Soerabaja – A 56 casaulaties (3 combat squads and 1 non-combat squad destroyed).

Attacking force 1400 troops, 123 guns, 73 vehicles, Assault Value = 1703
Defending force 26337 troops, 366 guns, 142 vehicles, Assault Value = 459

Japanese deliberate attack at 50,101 near Tjilatjap.

Defending force 1240 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3

Japanese adjusted assault: 59
Allied adjusted defense: 4

Japanese assault odds: 14 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), disruption(-), fatigue(-), morale(-)
experience(-), supply(-)

Allied ground losses:
18 casualties reported

Assaulting units:
Sasebo 8th SNLF

Defending units:
Tjilitap Base Force

Defending force 1692 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 60

Alor is occupied by the Japanese.

PHILIPPINES

Hyuga and Ise bombard Manila and report 203 casualties (14 non-combat squads destroyed + 5 guns and 1 vehicle destroyed) and

Resources hits 1
Manpower hits 2
Fires 192
Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 13
Port hits 3
Port fuel hits 1

Manila is bombed – 3 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 7 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Manila– J (2 guns lost) to A 101 casualties (5 combat squads destroyed).

Attacking force 3250 troops, 227 guns, 217 vehicles, Assault Value = 2239
Defending force 50701 troops, 712 guns, 668 vehicles, Assault Value = 1535

Defending force 10158 troops, 70 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 417

Japanese bombard Manila – J (2 vehicles destroyed) to A 18 (1 combat squad destroyed + 1 gun and 3 vehicles lost) casualties.

Attacking force 3247 troops, 225 guns, 218 vehicles, Assault Value = 2257
Defending force 50544 troops, 711 guns, 667 vehicles, Assault Value = 1527

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 3 runway hits.

92nd Chinese Corps at 84,45 near Nanyang is bombed – 406 casualties (4 combat squads and 3 non-combat squads destroyed and 67 squads disabled).

10th Group Army at 82,53 near Changsha is bombed.

41st Chinese Corps at 84,45 near Nanyang is bombed.

Changsha is bombed – 7 airbase hits and 11 runway hits.

Kanhsien is bombed – 2 airbase hits, 2 airbase supply hits and 6 runway hits.

Pakhoi is bombed.

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 55 casualties to A 17 casaulties.

Attacking force 30277 troops, 360 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1040
Defending force 85012 troops, 424 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2848

Japanese bombard at 87,57 near Chuhsien – J 4 casaulties.

Attacking force 5155 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 134
Defending force 10365 troops, 66 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 247

Attacking force 13586 troops, 123 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 1220
Defending force 33634 troops, 261 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1271

Japanese bombard at 84,42 near Sian.

Attacking force 24016 troops, 178 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 939
Defending force 8190 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 263

Japanese deliberate attack at 86,47 near Sinyang.

Attacking force 5856 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 211
Defending force 6801 troops, 35 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 229

Japanese adjusted assault: 204
Allied adjusted defense: 46

Japanese assault odds: 4 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: op mode(-), leaders(-), experience(-), supply(-)

Japanese ground losses:
64 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 4 disabled

Allied ground losses:
3378 casualties reported
Squads: 149 destroyed, 20 disabled
Non Combat: 74 destroyed, 6 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 2 disabled

Assaulting units:
9th Ind.Mixed Brigade

Defending units:
69th Chinese Corps
85th Chinese Corps
7th New Chinese Corps

BURMA

4/14th Punjab Battalion at 54,50 near Prome is bombed – 28 casualties.

CM Wakataka lays defensive minefield at Iki-shima ( 102 , 57).
CM Ukishima lays defensive minefield at Iki-shima ( 102 , 57).

CL Tenryu taken out of commission to begin refit at Osaka/Kyoto.
CL Tatsuta taken out of commission to begin refit at Osaka/Kyoto.
DD Asanagi beginning refit in shipyard at Yokohama/Yokosuka.
DD Yunagi beginning refit in shipyard at Yokohama/Yokosuka.

BB Yamato arrives at Hiroshima/Kure.

15th Naval Construction Battalion arrives at Osaka/Kyoto.
17th Naval Construction Battalion arrives at Osaka/Kyoto.

Post #: 176
28 February 1942 - 7/26/2015 9:47:26 AM   
SierraJuliet

28 February 1942

PACIFIC

SS I-2 operating at 172,52 near Dutch Harbour locates DD Lawrence and AS Fulton. 4 torpedoes are launched at Lawrence and they all miss.

INDIA

SS I-121 is located at 26,44 near Trivandrum and is hit twice by depth charges from DD Isis. Isis picks up the scent for a second time and continues her attack on I-121 until the destroyers stock of depth charges is completely depleted. I-121 sneaks away.

PHILIPPINES

DD Ariake and Asashio escorting a bombardment TF to Manila locate a minefield. They clear 2 before Ariake clears one the hard way. She is reported to be on fire and suffering heavy damage and lucky for her there is a level 3 port ready to take her in and tend to her flotation damage.

At Manila Mutsu, Nagato and CL Yubari report the following from the overnight bombardment.
AS Holland, Shell hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
SS Snapper, hits 1

Allied ground losses:
108 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 5 disabled
Non Combat: 11 destroyed, 12 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 3 (1 destroyed, 2 disabled)
Vehicles lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Manpower hits 2
Fires 127
Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 15
Port hits 4
Port supply hits 1

Manila is bombed – 2 airbase hit, 2 airbase supply hits and 14 runway hits.

Japanese bombard Manila – J (2 vehicles destroyed) to A 18 (1 combat squad destroyed + 1 gun and 3 vehicles lost) casualties.

Attacking force 3247 troops, 225 guns, 218 vehicles, Assault Value = 2257
Defending force 50544 troops, 711 guns, 667 vehicles, Assault Value = 1527

Japanese bombard at Cagayan – J 6 casualties.

Defending force 10153 troops, 70 guns, 50 vehicles, Assault Value = 417

MALAYA/DEI

Medan Garrison Battalion at Medan is bombed – 16 casualties.

Medan is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 2 runway hits.

Soerabaja is bombed – 1 Betty lost to flak, 5 casualties, 7 airbase hits, 1 airbase supply hit and 29 runway hits.

Japanese bombard at Soerabaja – J 7 (5 guns lost) to A 87 (4 combat squads destroyed + 1 guns and 1 vehicle lost) casualties.

Attacking force 1405 troops, 124 guns, 73 vehicles, Assault Value = 1744
Defending force 26402 troops, 368 guns, 141 vehicles, Assault Value = 462

Japanese deliberate attack at Tjilatjap.

Defending force 1199 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3

Japanese adjusted assault: 58
Allied adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 58 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(-), disruption(-), fatigue(-)
morale(-), experience(-), supply(-)

Allied ground losses:
495 casualties reported
Squads: 16 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 29 destroyed, 7 disabled
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:
Sasebo 8th SNLF

Defending units:
Tjilitap Base Force

Japanese bombardment at Praboemoelih.

Defending force 1704 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 62

CHINA

Kukong is bombed – 1 airbase hit and 4 runway hits.

41st Chinese Corps at 84,45 near Nanyang is bombed – 192 casualties (2 combat squads and 2 non-combat squads destroyed).

74th Chinese Corps at Changsha is bombed – 5 casualties.

12th Chinese Corps at 84,45 near Nanyang is bombed – 15 casualties (1 non-combat squad destroyed).

Pakhoi is bombed – 2 runway hits.

Changsha is bombed – 4 airbase hits, 3 airbase supply hits and 12 runway hits.

Kanhsien is bombed – 2 airbase hits and 7 runway hits.

Japanese deliberate attack at 84,42 near Sian.

Attacking force 25013 troops, 178 guns, 143 vehicles, Assault Value = 1957
Defending force 8216 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 266

Japanese adjusted assault: 636
Allied adjusted defense: 649

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), leaders(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
139 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 17 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 4 disabled

Allied ground losses:
790 casualties reported
Squads: 3 destroyed, 61 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 2 disabled

Assaulting units:
36th Division
63rd Division
32nd Division
110th Division
12th Tank Regiment
138th Infantry Regiment

Defending units:
36th Chinese Corps

Japanese bombard at Changsha – J 93 (1 combat squad destroyed) to A 9 casualties.

Attacking force 30281 troops, 360 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1038
Defending force 85089 troops, 424 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2852

Japanese bombard at Kanhsien – A 13 casualties (1 combat squad destroyed).

Japanese bombard at 87,57 near Chuhsien – J 17 casualties (1 combat squad destroyed).

Attacking force 5214 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 141
Defending force 10388 troops, 66 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 250

BURMA

108th/2 Base Force at Mergui is bombed

Japanese deliberate attack at 54,50 near Prome.

Attacking force 12815 troops, 120 guns, 32 vehicles, Assault Value = 444
Defending force 2799 troops, 23 guns, 2 vehicles, Assault Value = 63

Japanese adjusted assault: 193
Allied adjusted defense: 52

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), op mode(-), morale(-), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker: fatigue(-)

Japanese ground losses:
89 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 8 disabled

Allied ground losses:
350 casualties reported
Squads: 16 destroyed, 8 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 24 disabled
Guns lost 6 (5 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Assaulting units:
33rd Division

Defending units:
4/14th Punjab Battalion
4/8th Gurkha Battalion
9/11th Sikh Battalion
12th Burma Rifles Battalion
2nd King Own YLI Battalion
103rd RN Base Force

Japanese bombardment at Mergui.

Babo is occupied by the Japanese.

CM Wakataka lays defensive minefield at Iki-shima.
CM Ukishima lays defensive minefield at Tanegashima.
CM Kyosai lays defensive minefield at Tanegashima.

Repairs completed on DD Akigumo at Singapore, ship returned to service.

DD Namikaze beginning refit in shipyard at Singapore.

Post #: 177
End of Feb '42 - 7/27/2015 3:37:25 AM   
SierraJuliet

Here we go for a little visual roundup of the state of play for the Empire at the end of February 1942.

First up is the situation around Sian and Lanchow. The Japanese creep ever closer and the thrust to the west, whilst tenuous, is holding.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 178
End of Feb '42 - 7/27/2015 3:42:14 AM   
SierraJuliet

And down in the southern section of China.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 179
End of Feb '42 - 7/27/2015 3:43:11 AM   
SierraJuliet

Progress being made in Burma.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> 12 February 1942 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI