Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and gets a Twitch Stream!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and gets a Twitch Stream! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 8:22:53 AM   
Remmes

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

having a problem getting steam key for the base game, it says my code has already been redeemed, fine for the expansions and I tested with another Matrix/AGEOD game so it seems to be WiTE specific

I have a problem registering the game as well. Asked Slitherine for help.

< Message edited by Ramses -- 7/10/2015 9:23:42 AM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 31
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 12:34:57 PM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

Jesus didn't see this coming

He rarely does :)

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 32
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 3:33:46 PM   
gamer78

When logged into Slitherine forum; using ingame WItE Slitherine pbem server game username account it should be fine to register the serial and get the steam key.

< Message edited by Baris -- 7/10/2015 4:35:04 PM >

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 33
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/13/2015 1:21:09 PM   
guderian68

Hi to all,

I've bought a german psycal copy of WITE. Can I redeem the steam code ?

Thanks a lot

Paolo

(in reply to gamer78)
Post #: 34
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/13/2015 5:41:39 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

Hi team,

How can I get the steamkey now? I bought WitE in 2010...

Fodder

Go to Slitherine and redeem your steam code there.

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 35
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/14/2015 12:47:16 AM   
ByronBond

I just finished watching the Twitch replay, and being brand new to the WitE/WitW system, the replay really helped me understand a few key game concepts, as well as knowing how much of that available detail I don't really need to worry about.

When do we get a similar treatment for WitW amphibious invasions?

I also found that getting a steam key from the slitherine site was fairly painless, so went ahead and did it for all the matrix games available on Steam. For me, using Steam really simplifies PC upgrades.

Thanks Matrix!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 36
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/15/2015 1:47:07 AM   
RyanCrierie

Registered my Matrix copy of WITE and got the steam key.

Just one niggling flaw. How come the individual expansions for WITE aren't on sale at reduced prices as well for this promo?

< Message edited by RyanCrierie -- 7/15/2015 2:46:27 AM >

(in reply to ByronBond)
Post #: 37
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/15/2015 2:44:56 AM   
budd

quote:

ORIGINAL: RyanCrierie

Registered my Matrix copy of WITE and got the steam key.

Just one niggling flaw. How come the individual expansions for WITE aren't on sale at reduced prices as well for this promo?

when you put WITE in your basket the price of the expansions go to the sale price.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 38
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/15/2015 10:51:58 PM   
Gilmer

Erik Rutins for president!!!

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 39
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/16/2015 1:35:15 AM   
RyanCrierie

Nope, expansion prices not going to the sale prices when I put WITE into my cart.

I really wish the expansions were discounted as well, for those of us redeeming a prior Matrix serial for a steam key.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 40
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/17/2015 2:15:00 AM   
budd

O, i meant at the matrix store, sorry. I think you have to buy them all together at the matrix site or buy the deluxe package on steam. You have your purchase details take out a matrix support ticket and see if they can help you purchase the addons for the sale price.Seems to me they would want to sell them to you.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to RyanCrierie)
Post #: 41
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/20/2015 4:24:02 AM   
pompack

OK, I have the steam key and I have a steam account.

dumb question: what do I DO with the steam key?

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 42
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/20/2015 9:30:44 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

Please follow these instructions to activate a new retail purchase on Steam:

1. Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
2. Click the Games Menu.
3. Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 43
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/20/2015 12:23:10 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

2. Click the Games Menu.

Thank You

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 44
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/23/2015 10:01:29 PM   
GamesaurusRex

That Slitherine process for getting the Steam Key is very dodgy. I had to hold a séance with three psychics to figure out what to do exactly. The puzzling part is the cryptic instructions on how to use the "Universal Account Mechanism" to merge Matrix/Slitherine/Forums before you can access the Slitherine account. I'm still puzzled by one of the accounts Slitherine says I have with them that I did not set up (and have no idea who did)unless it was set up by Matrix when I purchased Civil War 2 from Matrix as a courtesy. You NEED to clean up that process or at least make the instructions clear. It is a mystery as it is now.

< Message edited by GamesaurusRex -- 7/23/2015 11:03:13 PM >

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 45
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 2:16:26 PM   
lenin

quote:

quote:

2. Click the Games Menu.

I've done this. I entered the registration code and steam says it is invalid. Is the steam code different from the one printed on the cd? I have a registered copy.

"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 46
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 2:23:06 PM   
Capitaine

Yes, the Steam key is different. You need to get it by registering your CD key at the Slitherine site. It's easy to get, you just have to follow the few clearly enunciated steps.

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 47
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 2:25:10 PM   
Freyr Oakenshield

quote:

ORIGINAL: lenin

quote:

quote:

2. Click the Games Menu.

I've done this. I entered the registration code and steam says it is invalid. Is the steam code different from the one printed on the cd? I have a registered copy.

It's different.

1. Go to: http://slitherine.com/
2. Set up an account there
3. Register your game
4. Generate a Steam code
5. Go to Steam

Best,
f

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 48
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 3:17:23 PM   
GamesaurusRex

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

Yes, the Steam key is different. You need to get it by registering your CD key at the Slitherine site. It's easy to get, you just have to follow the few clearly enunciated steps.

The steps are not clear... and the word "enunciation" implys a certain level of exactness, which is lacking.

Whether you use the ULS first or have to have a Slitherine account first is unclear. As it turned out I never actually had to register on Slitherine to get into the ULS, but I only discovered this by stumbling around. (After looking at the ULS, it appears that I was given a Slitherine account by virtue of having purchased Civil War 2 from Matrix, but I have no idea what my ID or password would be because I wasn't the one who set it up.) When you finally get to the CD registration page to get the Steam key, the page talks about a 16 number key, not a 24 number... and then when you enter what you have anyway and press enter, the page closes and gives you no Steam key... You have to go back and press the registered button a second time to get it to display the Steam key.

Unclear and Dodgy... IMHO.

< Message edited by GamesaurusRex -- 7/24/2015 5:01:27 PM >

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 49
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 4:14:11 PM   
lenin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield

quote:

ORIGINAL: lenin

quote:

quote:

2. Click the Games Menu.

It's different.

1. Go to: http://slitherine.com/
2. Set up an account there
3. Register your game
4. Generate a Steam code
5. Go to Steam

Best,
f

Thanks, sorted. For others info, even if you have the matrix version, you have to register at Slitherine to get the key.

"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"

(in reply to Freyr Oakenshield)
Post #: 50
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 4:47:02 PM   
Capitaine

quote:

ORIGINAL: GamesaurusRex

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

The steps are not clear... and the word "enunciation" implys a certain level of exactness, which is lacking.

Whether you use the ULS first or have to have a Slitherine account first is unclear. As it turned out I never actually had to register on Slitherine to get into the ULS, but I only discovered this by stumbling around. (After looking at the ULS, it appears that I was given a Slitherine account by virtue of having purchased Civil War 2 from Matrix, but I have no idea what my ID or password would be because I wasn't the one who set it up.) When you finally get to the CD registration page to get the Steam key, the page talks about a 16 number key, not a 24 number... and then when you enter what you have anyway and press enter, the page closes and gives you no Steam key... You have to go back and press the registered button a second time to get it to display the Steam key.

Unclear and Dodgy... IMHO.

I don't know what ULS is, so that's lost on me. Whatever it is you don't need it to get your Steam key. The steps are clear, and I -- a 55yo guy -- was able to accomplish it without a hitch. If you're having trouble, I'd say you're being obtuse in some regard. Use common sense.

(in reply to GamesaurusRex)
Post #: 51
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 5:26:54 PM   
JosephM

Hello Guys,

For all those who are having problems, the Unified Account is the username and passowrd for your login, so if you already have a Matrix/Matrix Forum (or Wargamer) login then you already have a unified account. What you then need to do is use the username from your Matrix Members (or Matrix Forum) account to log into the Slitherine site and it will automatically merge a Slitherine account to your Unified Account. If anyone is having problems with this, please contact us at support[a]slitherine.com

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 52
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 5:59:19 PM   
STEF78

Obviously I'm not a geek...

I finally got the Steam Register Key from Matrix

I added the games in Steam

Steam asked me to download the game. I did. But now I'm unable to reach server games

and all my saved games are not in the right directory.

Where sould I set them?

I also had some graphical mod, where should I copy them?

< Message edited by STEF78 -- 7/24/2015 7:07:17 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 53
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 6:18:06 PM   
Freyr Oakenshield

quote:

ORIGINAL: STEF78

Find your Steam folder and look for the subfolders SteamApps\common\ - this is where the games are installed (unless you change it in the Steam Settings). Normally, it's c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

< Message edited by Freyr Oakenshield -- 7/24/2015 7:19:18 PM >

(in reply to STEF78)
Post #: 54
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 7:03:29 PM   
STEF78

quote:

ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield

quote:

ORIGINAL: STEF78

Find your Steam folder and look for the subfolders SteamApps\common\ - this is where the games are installed (unless you change it in the Steam Settings). Normally, it's c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Thanks, it's done

Now I only need access to the server...

(in reply to Freyr Oakenshield)
Post #: 55
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/24/2015 11:57:25 PM   
VPaulus

Please make sure that when you are inserting your account details (username and password) you click on the check mark instead of pressing the enter key to finalize.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to STEF78)
Post #: 56
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/25/2015 10:03:06 AM   
STEF78

quote:

Please make sure that when you are inserting your account details (username and password) you click on the check mark instead of pressing the enter key to finalize.

Access granted thanks!

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 57
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/30/2015 1:27:02 AM   
pompack

OK

I have installed and can play a solitaire game on Steam.
My son and I have an on-going game, NOT on the server; we exchange files
Now as near as I can tell from the comments above, we should be able to continue our game even though he is not on steam.

Q1. HOW do we do that with an on-going file-exchange game?
Q2. Does it help if he converts to Steam as well? How do we do it then?

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 58
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/30/2015 1:06:38 PM   
Numdydar

You go to your Steam Apps folder and then Common folder like noted above. Look for War in the East folder and then open it. There should be a Save folder that you would put your sons files in.

Then when you do your turn, send your files from that same Dir to him.

Steam is just a directory collect of games. So the game file structure is pretty much identical for a Steam version install as if you installed the game as a non-steam game.

I should also point out that sometimes games create Save folders in the My Games Dir in your My Documents folder. Civ series, Hell, etc. are examples of games that do this regardless if it is a Steam version or not. It just depends on the game.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 59
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/30/2015 1:28:42 PM   
morvael

When I was bored of shuffling saves via mail I did a symlink (you can do that on Windows to) for a savegame hidden in Steam folders and a Dropbox shared folder. That way my save synced automatically with my friend.

< Message edited by morvael -- 7/30/2015 2:29:54 PM >

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and gets a Twitch Stream! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI