Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI Capability

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> AI Capability Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI Capability - 8/4/2015 7:26:48 AM   
wlarson730

How capable is the AI opponent in Crown of Glory - Emperor's Edition? I am considering purchasing this game, but would like to hear from some experienced players on the AI. I am particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with EiANW as I am very familiar with that game.
Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: AI Capability - 8/6/2015 1:24:06 PM   
morganbj

I was a beta tester and wrote the economic guide that is included in the game. GOGEE is still one of my favorite games, despite its age. The AI can be challenging, but is most challenging when the player is the French. If you play as the Russian, you'll have a lot of fun trying to fend off Nappy and his allies. Playing as Britain is also a lot of fun.

I almost always played as France, and found the other countries always trying to overwhelm me. Frankly, once the game is mastered, playing the French is very challenging at first, but then eventually becomes a "can I overrun all of Europe." As I recall, the more one has, the harder it is to keep, because the other countries tend to gang up to defeat the most powerful. When that happens, you'll be in a fight for your life.

I like the game a lot and think it's worth the cost. But, it's more fun when you get into developing your economy, an option I highly encourage you to consider. It's not as complicated as most believe, and greatly adds to the ability for whatever country to play to develop a large, effective fighting force. It's very satisfying. But, you can always turn the economy off and play a simpler, yet still fun game.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

(in reply to wlarson730)
Post #: 2
RE: AI Capability - 8/7/2015 11:31:43 AM   
wlarson730

bjmorgan
Thanks for the response. I have been very disappointed by the AI in EiANW. The current download price is $au60, so I am going to hold off on my purchase.

(in reply to morganbj)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> AI Capability Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI