Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Win10 upgrade issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Win10 upgrade issue Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/4/2015 6:10:48 PM   
Jaws_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jaws43

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Jaws43,

Do the PC you are having a problem with have an NVDIA graphics card?

Everything works fine again like it did. I have a NVIDIA 850M. But I am happy again with Windows 8.1.

I saw something about a problem with an NVIDIA driver in Windows 10. I didn't read the details, but if you search on that you will likely find it pretty easy. Not sure if there is already a fix out there or if it will come later.

Good Hunting

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 31
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/6/2015 2:19:35 AM   
FastPhil

I have an NVIDIA driver and after upgrading it had all sorts of display/scroll issues I am using these switches and I have noticed no issues since. -deepColor -dd_sw -altFont -archive -deepColor -noFire -SingleCpuOrders Thanks to everyone here for the help

(in reply to Jaws_slith)
Post #: 32
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/6/2015 2:39:44 PM   
avers246

hi guys, I'm having the same problem, I don't know where I put in the switches, where do I put those?

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 33
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/6/2015 3:48:08 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: avers246

hi guys, I'm having the same problem, I don't know where I put in the switches, where do I put those?

Right-click on the shortcut you are using, click on 'Properties'. The 'Target' box contains the path and file name of the .exe being run (in double quotation marks), after which appear the switches.

Sadly, the Properties pop-up box cannot be resized to be bigger, so you will have to use the arrow keys to move left and right in the Target box and just mentally keep track of where you are.

Warning: This screen pic is of one of my shortcuts and the location where I have the game installed most likely will not be the same as where you have it installed. You should not have to change the path from what it is already (unless it is wrong for some weird reason).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to avers246)
Post #: 34
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/6/2015 4:15:24 PM   
avers246

That's what I thought, I've used a few switches, but none have fixed the problem.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 35
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/6/2015 4:19:33 PM   
witpqs

quote:

That's what I thought, I've used a few switches, but none have fixed the problem.

Maybe cut & paste what you have in the Target box here, plus describe the problem.

(in reply to avers246)
Post #: 36
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/6/2015 4:21:44 PM   
avers246

I don't have any switches in and my problem is that when I try to move around the map with my mouse, or click on things, there is a HUGE delay.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe"

< Message edited by avers246 -- 8/6/2015 5:32:49 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 37
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/6/2015 6:08:42 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

I don't have any switches in and my problem is that when I try to move around the map with my mouse, or click on things, there is a HUGE delay.

That is usually cured with -dd_sw switch.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to avers246)
Post #: 38
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/6/2015 6:18:58 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

quote:

That is usually cured with -dd_sw switch.

avers246,

You have multiple problems. First of all, do NOT reference "autorun.exe". Instead that part should be should be "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe".

In other words, this:

should be this:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe"

Second, as Sardaukar notes, you might need the -dd_sw switch.
And/or you might need the -SingleCpuOrders switch.
And/or you might need the -deepColor switch.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 39
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/6/2015 9:08:28 PM   
avers246

I got it fixed thanx for the help

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 40
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/7/2015 12:59:56 AM   
Bearcat2

Thanks to everyone for the help, was having problems with Win10, but applied the switches and it works fine.

"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837

(in reply to avers246)
Post #: 41
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/8/2015 3:30:06 AM   
ASLifer

Hi guys, I am also having a problem after installing windows 10.I'm having the same problem of mapview not scrolling properly. Very slow and sluggish. I do not understand what you mean by command switches. I went to WiTP-AE folder, but from there I have no idea what to do. Where do I find command switches, or is it something I type in somewhere? I need really soup simple instructions, like open this, do that, type this, etc etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I knew how to revert to Windows 7 ultimate I'd do that in a sec.

"You see what you wanna see, And you hear what you wanna hear."
Harry Nilsson "The Point"

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 42
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/8/2015 3:54:06 AM   
ASLifer

Hello, I followed the instructions about right clicking on shortcut, clicking on properties and looked at whats in the target window box,and its the same as avers246.
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe" , I've never edited anything because I don't know how. That's whats always been there. Do I need to change that? also there isn't anything in the box after that. If I do change that, how do I type in -dd_sw? I'm going to try that first.

(in reply to ASLifer)
Post #: 43
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/8/2015 4:12:04 AM   
ASLifer

Hiyas one more time... Oh I'm happier than a pig in a mud puddle! I did it... lol I followed the above instructions, about what to type in target box, and then I added the -dd_sw line after that. went into game and it scrolls just fine now!! I had absolutely no idea if I was doing it right, but I did.. Thanks for helping me indirectly. I took a leap of faith, followed the instructions as listed and all is right with the world. Now if I can figure out why XCOM enemy unknown won't launch, I'll be really happy. The other steam titles I have work fine except XCOM. :( anyway, have fun and good gaming to all of you... Cancel that... I went back into game and I'm still having the scrolling issue. It worked the first time, but now it's back doing the same thing. I even added - deep color. Let me copy and paste what I have in target window, if anyone knows what I did wrong, please let me know."C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -dd_sw -deepcolor

< Message edited by ASLifer -- 8/8/2015 5:35:00 AM >

(in reply to ASLifer)
Post #: 44
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/8/2015 4:42:28 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASLifer

Hiyas one more time... Oh I'm happier than a pig in a mud puddle! I did it... lol I followed the above instructions, about what to type in target box, and then I added the -dd_sw line after that. went into game and it scrolls just fine now!! I had absolutely no idea if I was doing it right, but I did.. Thanks for helping me indirectly. I took a leap of faith, followed the instructions as listed and all is right with the world. Now if I can figure out why XCOM enemy unknown won't launch, I'll be really happy. The other steam titles I have work fine except XCOM. :( anyway, have fun and good gaming to all of you... Cancel that... I went back into game and I'm still having the scrolling issue. It worked the first time, but now it's back doing the same thing. I even added - deep color. Let me copy and paste what I have in target window, if anyone knows what I did wrong, please let me know."C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -dd_sw -deepcolor

Spelling on those switches is critical and it is case-sensitive. So, -deepcolor will not be registered, it must be -deepColor. Try that first.

If it doesn't work then add -SingleCpuOrders. And add the -dd_sw too if needed. When you find one that works, you can try removing the others one at a time just to see if they are really needed or not.

(in reply to ASLifer)
Post #: 45
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/8/2015 4:42:55 AM   
ASLifer

Well, maybe all I did wrong was type in -deepcolor, instead of -deepColor. I changed it to -deepColor and it's working now. I will relaunch game and make sure it is still working. You will either hear a cry for help from me, or all will be silent.. lol

(in reply to ASLifer)
Post #: 46
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/8/2015 4:45:28 AM   
ASLifer

Thanks witpqs, if it is still working, I will leave as I have it. since -dd_sw and -deepColor seem to fix problem, I will leave both in.. :)

(in reply to ASLifer)
Post #: 47
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/9/2015 9:03:49 PM   
frpandore@free.fr

Hi
Full screen problems too with these settings and Windows 10
No pbl on 7
-cpu4 -multiaudio -fd -r -altFont -deepColor -px1920 -py1080

Eve ate the apple...
and Pandore opened the box...

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 48
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/9/2015 9:38:52 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: frpandore@free.fr

Hi
Full screen problems too with these settings and Windows 10
No pbl on 7
-cpu4 -multiaudio -fd -r -altFont -deepColor -px1920 -py1080

Don't see anything that jumps out at me as wrong.

Someone might have a suggestion if you are able to post:

1) The complete contents of the Target box in the Properties of the shortcut you are using. (cut&paste)
2) The complete contents of the Start in box in the Properties of the shortcut you are using. (cut&paste)
3) A screen pic of the Properties pop-up of the shortcut.

(in reply to frpandore@free.fr)
Post #: 49
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/10/2015 6:47:41 AM   
frpandore@free.fr

Hi witpqs,

It doesn't come from my shortcut as it was working fine before on seven.
I'm referencing the game exe, not the autorun.exe.

Target:
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -cpu4 -altFont -multiaudio -px1920 -py1080

Start in :
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition"

Will try with nvidia drivers instead of Windows update ones (maybe the same, don't know).

It seems game screen doesn't fit in computer screen.

Eve ate the apple...

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 50
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/10/2015 3:47:55 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: frpandore@free.fr

Hi witpqs,

It doesn't come from my shortcut as it was working fine before on seven.
I'm referencing the game exe, not the autorun.exe.

Target:
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -cpu4 -altFont -multiaudio -px1920 -py1080

Start in :
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition"

Will try with nvidia drivers instead of Windows update ones (maybe the same, don't know).

It seems game screen doesn't fit in computer screen.

Have you tried adding the -deepColor switch? For many people that has been necessary on Windows 10 (and 8/8.1).

BTW, I'm not sure what does it look like for you - can you describe it? Checking the NVidia drivers is good, some are known t ohave problems with Windows 10 (news items last week).

Post #: 51
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/10/2015 9:15:30 PM   
frpandore@free.fr

Although Windows 10 is (or will) probably be the best Windows OS so far, i've decided to downgrade to Seven (which is probably the second in the list).
WitP is working this way and thats ok for me.
Wait for the next nvidia driver to solve the pbl.

Thanks to you witpqs (i've tried with -deepColor too and made a few tests with nvidia scaling options. Without no success at all).
See you

Eve ate the apple...

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 52
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/11/2015 1:42:36 PM   
emek

Upgraded to Win 10 after running the game for months under Win 8.1. I am using below SW:
"D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -cpu2 –multiaudio –dd_sw -px1600 -py1200

While game loading is fast scrolling on the other hand is very slow borderline unplayable. Tried to play with the switches including replacing -CPU2 with -SingleCpuOrder with no success. Removing existing switches making the game 10 times slower.

I have no idea how to fix scroll speed.

Post #: 53
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/11/2015 3:53:23 PM   
Alfred

You are using different dash types for multiaudio and dd_sw.

Alfred

(in reply to emek)
Post #: 54
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/11/2015 3:54:29 PM   
witpqs

Some quick notes:

• -cpu2 (or any number) only, AFAIK, affects the turn resolution or replay.
• Correct spelling is -SingleCpuOrders (add an 's' to what you have). Wrong spelling would mean it was not recognized, maybe give it another try?
• You should be able to use those two switches together if you want to (not that you need to, I don't know).

(in reply to emek)
Post #: 55
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/11/2015 4:10:50 PM   
emek

Thank you Alfred. You have Eagle eyes !!

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 56
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/11/2015 8:52:41 PM   
JeffroK

Had problems loading W10, a bit of research and turned off Norton and it worked fine.

Played WITPAE and had the toolbar (on the right edge) overlapping the map, restarted and it moved to the right of the screen, only observation was the colours were a bit brighter.

After a few days went back to W7 (which happened seamlessly)W10 was OK but I didnt need most of the advancements, dont use social media, dont need apps plus my laptop was working hard even at rest.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to emek)
Post #: 57
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/14/2015 4:12:38 AM   
GeorgePatton

I too am having some serious issues since I upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. Everything was fine now it's really difficult to play with all the lag and slow responses from keyboard to screen scrolls.
The switch combo that worked fine for me under Win 7 Home (64 bit)was "-cpu4 altFont -multiaudio -dd_sw -f -px1920 -py1080"

I tried all the switch combos including -SingleOrdersCPU and even tried to run it in Compatibility mode Win 7 with Admin priveleges no go. I even deleted all the switches to see if that would help but there was no change. It didn't matter what switches I used or not. Strange.

Help

Here is my setup:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150807-2049)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z68X-UD4-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8176MB RAM
Page File: 2908MB used, 13458MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: 11.2
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 64bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6739)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6739&SUBSYS_E174174B&REV_00
Display Memory: 4851 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1011 MB
Shared Memory: 3840 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: ViewSonic VX2450 Series
Monitor Model: VX2450 SERIES
Monitor Id: VSCE226
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: aticfx64

< Message edited by GeorgePatton -- 8/14/2015 5:14:38 AM >

War...war never changes.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 58
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/14/2015 6:02:30 AM   
witpqs

The switches must be spelled exactly correctly, including upper/lower case. Try -SingleCpuOrders and see if that works.

Compatibility mode and/or Admin are not required.

Try -deepColor if needed. Many people wind up needing that on Windows 8/8.1 and 10 but did not need it on Windows 7.

(in reply to GeorgePatton)
Post #: 59
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/14/2015 2:05:52 PM   
m10bob

As Witpqs sez, adding the switch he told me about resolved my mapscrolling problem 100%..

In the exe. command line in properties, follow it with " -deepColor "..(Do not add the parenthesis)..

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Win10 upgrade issue Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI