Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted by 50 percent!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted by 50 percent! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted by ... - 8/7/2015 2:50:38 PM   
Daniele

Gentlemen, I ask for your attention.

Our sources are reporting that today one of the biggest, deepest and most detailed wargames ever made, has been put on sale.

The analysts concur that it will remain in this status for the duration of the entire weekend, so your window of opportunity is limited.

We are certain that our target is 50% discounted; this means that the ones who will dare to take it on will have the chance to play the largest air/naval conflict in history at half the regular price!

Which game am I speaking about? Of course, it is

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition!

This monster wargame set in the Pacific theatre during the WWII will be on sale until Monday 10th at midnight Pacific Daylight Time (9am CEST/ 3am EDT)!

Grab it now!
Post #: 1
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/8/2015 2:16:38 PM   
m10bob

The best wargame I have ever owned.

Cannot believe the thing is being discounted....

Wow...

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/8/2015 11:00:15 PM   
Reg

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 3
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/9/2015 12:41:48 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Wow...

Why ? 90 Euro was too expensive. For me at least. YES, the game is worth much, but it depends on the personal situation too. A better situated guy can pay this 90,- IF he has enough time to play it in the first place. As for people who have not that much time and only would play occasionally another matter. As this game imho can not be played at half attention, it needs full attention. Not everyone has this and so will buy a game for 40,- which can be played also on lesser attention levels. Eg. Steel Panthers or the TW series are such fabulous games. Which are great but can played more leisurely too. Not to distract from WITP which is fantastic if you have resources and attention to play it fully.

Btw. I mean the middle phase TW games as the newer ones don´t seem to be that great.

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 8/9/2015 1:45:13 PM >

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 4
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/9/2015 2:24:26 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

quote:

Wow...

Why ? 90 Euro was too expensive. For me at least. YES, the game is worth much, but it depends on the personal situation too. A better situated guy can pay this 90,- IF he has enough time to play it in the first place. As for people who have not that much time and only would play occasionally another matter. As this game imho can not be played at half attention, it needs full attention. Not everyone has this and so will buy a game for 40,- which can be played also on lesser attention levels. Eg. Steel Panthers or the TW series are such fabulous games. Which are great but can played more leisurely too. Not to distract from WITP which is fantastic if you have resources and attention to play it fully.

Btw. I mean the middle phase TW games as the newer ones don´t seem to be that great.

Oh, no, please do not misunderstand my comment..I also feel the full price is very expensive, but my astonishment at the game being discounted is akin to how I might feel that a 1939 Cord automobile might be sold for one hundred dollars for a weekend..
Of course my view of the game is bound to be prejudiced by the fact that I paid that full price when released, after also having paid full price for its' predecessor and knowing THAT games' qualities, and knowing some of the modders who worked diligently to turn out this later, more historically correct and more accurate AND playable game..

My financial status was not a consideration after having owned that first version of WITP, I knew by then how valuable the game was. From that point, it was a matter of what I was willing to sacrifice to acquire it.

< Message edited by m10bob -- 8/9/2015 3:27:32 PM >

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 5
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/9/2015 3:23:42 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow...

Oh, no, please do not misunderstand my comment..I also feel the full price is very expensive, but my astonishment at the game being discounted is akin to how I might feel that a 1939 Cord automobile might be sold for one hundred dollars for a weekend..
Of course my view of the game is bound to be prejudiced by the fact that I paid that full price when released, after also having paid full price for its' predecessor and knowing THAT games' qualities, and knowing some of the modders who worked diligently to turn out this later, more historically correct and more accurate AND playable game..

My financial status was not a consideration after having owned that first version of WITP, I knew by then how valuable the game was. From that point, it was a matter of what I was willing to sacrifice to acquire it.

I agree there is no question that is is one the most valuable games. IF you can attach the time to it it needs. If someone works eg. 40h-45h / week and also needs to care about family etc. I feel it might not be the right game for him. So do not missunderstand what I meant... I played most strategy games also far too much, as so much that you have no life then These turn based games are much better than action or real time ones cause you can eat, drink and do some other stuff during turns. Not possible with call of duty (which first 2 or 3 ones I liked but they cannot reach the appeal of good strategy games imo).

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 6
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/9/2015 4:17:54 PM   
m10bob

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow...

I agree there is no question that is is one the most valuable games. IF you can attach the time to it it needs. If someone works eg. 40h-45h / week and also needs to care about family etc. I feel it might not be the right game for him. So do not missunderstand what I meant... I played most strategy games also far too much, as so much that you have no life then These turn based games are much better than action or real time ones cause you can eat, drink and do some other stuff during turns. Not possible with call of duty (which first 2 or 3 ones I liked but they cannot reach the appeal of good strategy games imo).

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 7
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/10/2015 3:53:47 AM   
CaptDave

Just for the record, it really is possible to play the game, even PBEM, spending only a couple hours a week on it. The trick is finding an opponent who is also willing to play a relaxed schedule.

Personally, I've never understood the guys who can turn around several turns in one day! My current opponent and I are lucky to get one done (back and forth) in a week -- look at the "Dave, David; Potato, Potahto" AAR to see what I mean. We've passed the stage where conflicting events meant it took a couple months for one turn, but we're still slower than most folks (and still playing).

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 8
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/10/2015 5:03:48 PM   
Iwbtone

Finally decided to grap this deep sea monster

Hope I can get my physical copy soon

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 9
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/10/2015 6:34:54 PM   
poerr

Can you tell me if the version now on sale is the most current version and if the color manual has been updated to match?

Thanks!

Russ

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 10
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/10/2015 8:20:55 PM   
Numdydar

Yes it is the current version once patched

No updates to the manual though.

(in reply to poerr)
Post #: 11
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/10/2015 8:49:16 PM   
Yaab

Does is ship with a printed "Is this game worth 110aud?" t-shirt?

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 12
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/11/2015 2:50:19 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Does is ship with a printed "Is this game worth 110aud?" t-shirt?

Per the manual you are still required to copy/paste your own..

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 13
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted... - 8/11/2015 9:00:33 PM   
nashvillen

I tried to find more victims, errr... I mean customers by posting on my FB account. Got a lot of likes, but most of them are already committed to this lifestyle...

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted by 50 percent! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI