Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ledo Road

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ledo Road Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ledo Road - 8/15/2015 1:23:11 PM   
Demosthenes

Hi all,
Been playing AE for a while now and it's great.
I have a question though about the Ledo Road. The manual states:

quote:

For the Allies, if a rail/road/trail path free of Japanese units between Tsuyung and Ledo or between Tsuyung and Rangoon can be traced, than each day, 500 supply points per turn are added to Tsuyung.

I look at the Rangoon and Tsuyung Base Info Screens (I hold both still) and they both say "Burma Road Open".
But a look at the Ledo Base screen doesn't mention anything at all. I notice there is NO continuous road shown between Ledo and Tsuyung shown on the map, there is only two jungle hexes separated by a river between Myitkyina and Ledo.

So my question is: Does a Ledo Road exist in the game? And if so - what hexes constitute it?

Thank you,
Demo

Post #: 1
RE: Ledo Road - 8/15/2015 2:16:29 PM   
Yaab

As far as I know, there is no Ledo Road in the stock scenarios. We only have the Burma Road.

I guess Ledo Road and Tea Horse Road are both represented in the RHS mod.

(in reply to Demosthenes)
Post #: 2
RE: Ledo Road - 8/15/2015 2:59:36 PM   
dcpollay

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think there are two separate supply roads. I believe the game needs to trace a supply path between one of those two bases and Tsuyung in order for the 500 free points to apply. It is not any particular path, just any combination of hexes that result in supply flow at a rate greater than zero. It is not necessary to have "roads" shown in the hex. The jungle hexes you mention are viable supply path, although at a reduced efficiency.

I don't know why Ledo shows nothing on the base screen. But I think a similar question has been addressed before, in some probably very old threads.

"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 3
RE: Ledo Road - 8/15/2015 3:09:50 PM   
dcpollay

Found this thread that indicates the Ledo road was not implemented in the game....

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2766758&mpage=1&key=ledo%2Croad�

"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.

(in reply to dcpollay)
Post #: 4
RE: Ledo Road - 8/15/2015 4:21:24 PM   
crsutton

The Ledo Rd. was not fully completed until Feb of 1945 and never fully met expectations for supply delivery even then. It was only a factor in that the section completed from Ledo to Myitkyina allowed for air deliveries into China to be shortened a bit and thus more air lifted supply got through to China. But it was never really a factor in the war. Generally it is now looked upon as a waste of manpower and resources. I would not expect it to be a factor in the game.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to dcpollay)
Post #: 5
RE: Ledo Road - 8/15/2015 4:31:45 PM   
Demosthenes

Thanks for all the input guys.

But would the Dev's weigh in? It does state it exists in the manual - so.....

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 6
RE: Ledo Road - 8/15/2015 5:36:38 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Demosthenes

Thanks for all the input guys.

But would the Dev's weigh in? It does state it exists in the manual - so.....

They have weighed in many times about this. You have to remember that the manual is very old (six years) and never has been updated and most likely never will, while the game has been extensively updated many times over the years. Only a trickle of supply will flow into Burma directly from India and there is no Ledo Road supply route at any time in the game. Could not be clearer than that. I will let you in on a slick trick though. As the Allied player if you capture Ramree Island and have enough LSTs to keep it in supply, then you do not need to capture Rangoon in order for supply to flow into Burma and up the road to China. It really should not work this way but it does. As long as you have a clear route to the Burma road from Ramree, you are good to go.

< Message edited by crsutton -- 8/15/2015 6:37:08 PM >

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Demosthenes)
Post #: 7
RE: Ledo Road - 8/15/2015 5:42:06 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

The Ledo Rd. was not fully completed until Feb of 1945 and never fully met expectations for supply delivery even then. It was only a factor in that the section completed from Ledo to Myitkyina allowed for air deliveries into China to be shortened a bit and thus more air lifted supply got through to China. But it was never really a factor in the war. Generally it is now looked upon as a waste of manpower and resources. I would not expect it to be a factor in the game.

I agree. The effort would have been better spent elsewhere.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 8
RE: Ledo Road - 8/15/2015 10:09:53 PM   
rustysi

At its height during the last month of the war the Ledo road brought in just under 5000 tons of supply. If it could have done better we'll never know, but the long established 'Hump' route brought in far more than that on a monthly basis.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 9
RE: Ledo Road - 8/16/2015 1:12:48 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

At its height during the last month of the war the Ledo road brought in just under 5000 tons of supply. If it could have done better we'll never know, but the long established 'Hump' route brought in far more than that on a monthly basis.

Probably would have eventually done worse. The road was in many places unstable and prone to wash outs in severe weather. Supply would probably have slowed to a trickle in the monsoon season. Not to mention the brutal wear and tear on the trucks. I doubt it would have been sustainable for any length of time. The amazing thing is that they built it. Even more amazing is that they thought it would work...

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ledo Road Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI