Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/16/2015 8:01:07 PM   
palne

French Somali Land Territorial conquers Ethiopia. Yet, is out of supply...I believe because Addis Ababa is not acting as a repeater.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/16/2015 8:07:19 PM   
palne

Philippines units out of supply.

conv present in sea zone to east (see in picture).
Coastal hex next to HQ in Manila. Manila should be acting as a repeater.
HQ should be able to trace to coast and then act as a secondary source.
HQ to Northwest of Manila should be able to trace to either Manila or the HQ in Manila.
Ground units to the Southwest of Manila ARE in supply, which is the truly mystifying part of this (as is the carrier plane). So, supply seems to get to the conv at least.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/16/2015 8:55:07 PM   
paulderynck

No you can only trace to a port and then out, unless the HQ is itself on the coast. And in that weather the port would have to be in an adjacent hex for 1 and then the overseas path counts as 2, which is MacArthur's range in rain or storm. You need a TRS/Amph/CP in the South China sea.

Note the units on the coastal hexes of the sea zone where the CP is - can trace direct overseas and are correctly shown as in supply.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 8/16/2015 9:57:10 PM >

Paul

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 3
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/16/2015 8:58:50 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: palne

French Somali Land Territorial conquers Ethiopia. Yet, is out of supply...I believe because Addis Ababa is not acting as a repeater.

Ethiopia can't be conquered, it was conquered by Italy so it can only be liberated. And then it does not cooperate with units from Somalia and so would not be a secondary supply source for them.

Paul

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 4
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/16/2015 9:20:10 PM   
palne

Good point Paul. I forgot about liberated people being so grateful that they forget to feed their liberators!

But, what then about Anglo Egyptian Sudan? Same thing? Is it a repeater site at the start of the game, as a UK conquered country? Italy overran them and UK "re-liberated" them last turn.

Why not just re-conquer these conquered minor territories and maintain their repeater status?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by palne -- 8/16/2015 10:20:32 PM >

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 5
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/16/2015 9:25:43 PM   
palne

Very good Paul. Thanks. So, if I moved the HQ down one hex to the southeast, then:

HQ on coast to
Manila Repeater site to
HQ northwest of Manila

I thought Manila was a coastal hex to Bisamark Sea. And, I thought land units within 1 hex of coastal hex were in supply...

Post #: 6
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/17/2015 1:31:08 AM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: palne

Good point Paul. I forgot about liberated people being so grateful that they forget to feed their liberators!

But, what then about Anglo Egyptian Sudan? Same thing? Is it a repeater site at the start of the game, as a UK conquered country? Italy overran them and UK "re-liberated" them last turn.

Why not just re-conquer these conquered minor territories and maintain their repeater status?

They don't perceive them as liberators, they perceive them as ancient enemies who are to be would-be conquerors once again.

Anglo Egyptian Sudan - it depends who liberates them but to be a secondary source they have to meet the conditions for tracing supply like any other secondary source.

Edit: They don't cooperate with Egyptians.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 8/17/2015 2:32:15 AM >

Paul

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 7
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/17/2015 1:46:55 AM   
palne

ah...it's a cooperation problem, not a supply problem.

So many little things to keep track of....

The Egyptian sitting in Khartoum is not better off (supply-wise) than the Italian that ran off and hid in the deep desert for 9 months! I took multiple months of carpet bombing to kill that pesky Italian! I couldn't attack the Italian because I couldn't get a unit in supply at the time of attack. I suppose it was going to take building a supply div....

Speaking of that...the Itallian Supply div is in deep Aftrica enjoying his safari. I sure hope it can't take hexes!

Post #: 8
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/17/2015 2:09:39 AM   
palne

Hex control though....this is tough for Pacific Map

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by palne -- 8/17/2015 3:09:57 AM >

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 9
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/17/2015 6:00:35 AM   
paulderynck

Looks like the invasion bug that was reported for version 1.4.5. In some situations hex control does not change. Should be fixed in the next release.

Paul

(in reply to palne)
Post #: 10
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/17/2015 11:45:02 AM   
joshuamnave

Yes, the fix that was promised over a month ago, has been in beta testers hands for at least that long, and could be fixed by the rest of us with the debug tool.

Post #: 11
RE: Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? - 8/17/2015 11:03:45 PM   
paulderynck

Yes a month ago was not long before Steve lost his PC and had to rebuild it with the latest version of Delphi, reinstall the IDE, and spend many hours adjusting things for the new compiler so he could provide us with a clean release. This is release 2.0.0.0 that's been talked about and will be a public beta soon.

Paul

(in reply to joshuamnave)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Minor Country Repeater Supply Bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI