Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Update File Missing???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Tech Support >> Update File Missing??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Update File Missing??? - 8/22/2015 4:36:14 PM   
dukewacoan

When I attempt to check Update, it says the file is missing. At some point in the past Norton flagged the file and I think it deleted it. What do I need to do to restore the update file?
Post #: 1
RE: Update File Missing??? - 8/22/2015 5:06:53 PM   
zakblood

redownload it, if that doesn't work, uninstall the game, making sure folder is wiped clean, then reinstall and repatch / update, good luck, and remember to disable your antivirus next time when patching, leave it on to download, then go offline, and disable it...

good luck, or wait for support to give a better or different answer, maybe more correct, but guess not

(in reply to dukewacoan)
Post #: 2
RE: Update File Missing??? - 8/22/2015 5:17:56 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: dukewacoan

When I attempt to check Update, it says the file is missing. At some point in the past Norton flagged the file and I think it deleted it. What do I need to do to restore the update file?

You might try checking Nortons menu to see if you can 'restore' the missing file. Some AV's quarantine the files and allow you to put them back.

Rick

(in reply to dukewacoan)
Post #: 3
RE: Update File Missing??? - 8/22/2015 9:42:59 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: dukewacoan

You might try checking Nortons menu to see if you can 'restore' the missing file. Some AV's quarantine the files and allow you to put them back.

Rick

I agree I had a problem with Pandora and Norton after each update would quarantine one of the files and I would have to go in and un-quarantine it.

However I also posted (no answer received) that with the last update the start screen where you can check for updates no longer came up. I have found since that I can go into the BAB game folder and there I found an update icon that still allows me to check for updates. Just in case you'd like to look to see if you have such a file in your Matrix/Brother Against Brother folder.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 4
RE: Update File Missing??? - 8/23/2015 3:59:52 AM   
Gil R.

This sort of issue is one for Matrix Support rather than WCS, so it would be best to post a question in the main forum's support area with a link here. Nothing Eric or I can do to help.

(in reply to dukewacoan)
Post #: 5
RE: Update File Missing??? - 8/23/2015 2:02:07 PM   
VPaulus

You should be able to restore the file from quarantine:
https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.tech150607.html

Alternately you can also reinstall the game. If you need a a new download link just open a helpdesk ticket or contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk

You might need as well to create an exception rule for excluding the game files from Norton scan:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20100222230832EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Tech Support >> Update File Missing??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI