Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> The War Room >> SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED - 5/5/2014 3:44:20 PM   
operating

Capital City Supply Rules: Are not being implemented in MP matches, as is printed in the CTGW manual pages 58 and 59. What this does is restricts a player of strategy, at the same time it gives an opposing player an advantage, by not having to abide by Supply Rules, it's an unfair situation according to the printed rules. SP games have ALL the rules implemented concerning supply, including the Capital City rule, that units within 30 hexes are in full supply, those beyond are at half-supply.

All supply rules should be implemented or programmed into MP matches.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED - 5/5/2014 3:48:06 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

Capital City Supply Rules: Are not being implemented in MP matches, as is printed in the CTGW manual pages 58 and 59. What this does is restricts a player of strategy, at the same time it gives an opposing player an advantage, by not having to abide by Supply Rules, it's an unfair situation according to the printed rules. SP games have ALL the rules implemented concerning supply, including the Capital City rule, that units within 30 hexes are in full supply, those beyond are at half-supply.

Example of distance to Capital Cities.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 2
RE: SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED - 5/5/2014 3:51:12 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

Example of distance to Capital Cities.

Bagdad would have a better chance of defending if the supply rule was in force.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 3
RE: SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED - 7/18/2015 12:09:54 PM   
Kettengeist

It is now a year ago since the last post. So would like to ask if this has been implemented in the meanwhile? I think this will have a direct impact on my current running games.

Best wishes,
Kettengeist

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 4
RE: SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED - 7/18/2015 12:28:47 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kettengeist

It is now a year ago since the last post. So would like to ask if this has been implemented in the meanwhile? I think this will have a direct impact on my current running games.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the supply rule has been fixed in MP, the supply rule (30 hexes from capital) always worked in SP.

(in reply to Kettengeist)
Post #: 5
RE: SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED - 7/18/2015 12:36:52 PM   
Kettengeist

Thx for your quick response. Nice to know. This reassures me.=)

p.s. this forum here seems to be visited more frequently than the slitherine forums. i think i will focus my attention here.

< Message edited by Kettengeist -- 7/18/2015 1:38:54 PM >

Best wishes,
Kettengeist

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 6
RE: SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED - 8/25/2015 4:37:00 PM   
Rongor

probably something different but somehow related:
In my last MP I had a British infantry which disembarked adjacent to Izmir on the western coast of Turkey. The city was still controlled and occupied by a Turkish garrison. Still that invading infantry beachhead remained in supply for some turns.

The unit stood also adjacent to the port hex of Izmir but as already mentioned the city still was Turkish.

Any idea what happened there?

(in reply to Kettengeist)
Post #: 7
RE: SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED - 8/25/2015 4:46:04 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rongor

probably something different but somehow related:
In my last MP I had a British infantry which disembarked adjacent to Izmir on the western coast of Turkey. The city was still controlled and occupied by a Turkish garrison. Still that invading infantry beachhead remained in supply for some turns.

The unit stood also adjacent to the port hex of Izmir but as already mentioned the city still was Turkish.

Any idea what happened there?

By any chance: was there an E fleet next to your disembarked unit? If so, that fleet (only surface fleets can do this) keep the adjacient land unit or units in full supply.

(in reply to Rongor)
Post #: 8
RE: SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED - 8/25/2015 4:53:00 PM   
Rongor

Can't tell but probably this was the case then, good to know. Thanks!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> The War Room >> SUPPLY RULES NOT IMPLEMENTED Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI