Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upgrade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrade - 8/25/2015 9:18:35 AM   
bazjak

Would be great if you could do what you did with the other titles and have an upgrade
Are there any plans
Post #: 1
RE: Upgrade - 8/25/2015 10:19:31 AM   
Reg

If you are talking about a sale, you just missed it......

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted by 50 percent!

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to bazjak)
Post #: 2
RE: Upgrade - 8/25/2015 1:30:08 PM   
dr.hal

Bazjak, if I get your question right, I think you are talking about upgrading the game, including graphics, etc. If this is right, I doubt there is going to be any, as the graphics and other chrome are not really at the core of the game and thus not really the driver for those of us who play it. This is a theater wide strategy game of incredible detail, thus its appeal. To upgrade that would really mean either to add more detail or divide the current detail into smaller units. Neither would be desirable as it would require far too much micromanagement of the game (which tends toward micromanagement in its current form, let alone in more detail). The game HAS undergone a number of facelifts and data refinement, where those data are honed into a more realistic reflection of the war. Yet the chrome has pretty much stayed the same. The last official update was released earlier this year. Thus for a relatively "old" game, it is amazingly up to date and cared for by Matrix but some aspects do show "age". Hal

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 3
RE: Upgrade - 8/25/2015 5:03:52 PM   
geofflambert

The various mods out there do "upgrade" the game in a way, especially the DaBabes mods.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 4
RE: Upgrade - 8/25/2015 5:08:58 PM   
geofflambert

Also there is a lot of alternate maps created by players and an extended map system you can find at the DaBabes site which modifies some of the off-map travel and a few other things such as reworking the Solomon Islands a bit (i.e. separating Shortlands from Buin).

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: Upgrade - 8/26/2015 6:07:18 AM   
Flying Tiger

WitP AE IS an upgrade!

The game started as PacWar (I know, a totally different game, but certainly the 'grandfather' of this effort), then Uncommon Valor, then WitP, then AE...

so I doubt another upgrade will arrive in a hurry. But....if we all hint often enough someone might eventually decide to do a rewrite :). removing some of the excessive mouse clicking, and some of the unnecessary tasks (like manually adding pilots to squadrons :( ). and updating art, maps, etc.

Matrix, the fact that this forum still gets us online (albeit less frequently) shows the core of the game is great. how about dropping some hints that a revision/modernisation is on the way.....???

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 6
RE: Upgrade - 8/26/2015 7:37:56 PM   
geofflambert

I like managing the training of each individual pilot. Please don't "fix" that, Matrix. Maybe you could add a preference button for those who wish to speak in the higher octaves.

(in reply to Flying Tiger)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI