Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fighting as the allies at Hougoumont

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> The War Room >> Fighting as the allies at Hougoumont Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fighting as the allies at Hougoumont - 7/2/2015 1:01:31 PM   
Astrostrix

I'm trying to work out a way of holding the woods. Any tips?

I have noticed it's possible to draw the french eastwards, so that the French only attack Hougoumont with one or two units. But I've not managed to hold the woods throughout the scenario.
Post #: 1
RE: Fighting as the allies at Hougoumont - 7/2/2015 1:15:28 PM   
Durgard

I think you cant keep the wood except if you launch at least one good brigade against Jérôme's Division.
And if the French put Foy's Division into the woods, it's really impossible to stay in position.

(in reply to Astrostrix)
Post #: 2
RE: Fighting as the allies at Hougoumont - 7/9/2015 8:25:53 AM   
ulsterandy

I have won the game as the British. I took all units out of Hugamount placed them behind the units that were in the woods all units then lay down. also moved the 2 Grd unis closer in so i have a line. again lay down. Kept an eye on the units that were in the fight as soon as they got tired pulled them back got them to lay down this helps in recovery. then pushed another unit forward. Not all units were in action, need to keep some laying down as a Reserve this way of rotating units worked for me. near the end the AI sends in 2 Grd Bats to Hugemount. hope this helps? And if I play as the full Army Comd, they the French die big time. they never yet got to the walls. I put in the KGL Brg into Hugamount, bring up the Nass that are on the far right doing nothing, they hit the French from the right then I brig up a few Lt Cav KGL 2 units worth to smash them when they are in line. If you keep an eye on your Cav and do not let them get too close or attack the French Cav on the Hill they do not come and help the French Inf. Latter on bring over a few Hvy Cav units to deal with them.walk your inf towards then in line as soon as the cav start to run at you form square Cav hits your Inf then your Hvy Cav hits them they die, use 2 units at a time Hvy Cav v Lt Lancers.

(in reply to Durgard)
Post #: 3
RE: Fighting as the allies at Hougoumont - 9/3/2015 5:51:57 PM   
enavant

helo
plaing with the french army, I don't find how to move the troops inside Hougomont, I just can lead them in the woods and garden.
How can you get inside Hougomont ?

(in reply to ulsterandy)
Post #: 4
RE: Fighting as the allies at Hougoumont - 9/3/2015 8:33:20 PM   
Gettysburg

This is nown old bug

(in reply to enavant)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> The War Room >> Fighting as the allies at Hougoumont Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI