Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Medics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Medics Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Medics - 9/8/2015 4:43:10 AM   
Seytan

Medics and field hospitals would be good. So the units can get back into the fight.

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 31
RE: Medics - 9/8/2015 9:18:41 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

Medics and field hospitals would be good. So the units can get back into the fight.

For a RTS yes as Men of War yes.

For a Wargame as Close Combat. Never.

But the lucky for me is how the Close Combat development team has told how there are not these things in the game and they do not agree with them.

< Message edited by Nomada_Firefox -- 9/8/2015 10:19:40 AM >

(in reply to Seytan)
Post #: 32
RE: Medics - 9/8/2015 7:12:43 PM   
Rodmorg

Buddy, you never know what can happen in the future.

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 33
RE: Medics - 9/9/2015 1:40:55 AM   
Kanov

Medics are already in there in an abstract way... Or used to be in CC2 at least.

Why do you want medics running around in the battlefield anyway? what will happen when I target one of them with a flamethrower? that is some duke nukem edgy kid game situation that is going to develop.

Besides we've got enough units that rarely get used occupying valuable slots as it is, I don't want another unit I'll never pick, I've got enough trucks for that!

If you want to model medics in current CC that give morale to nearby troops, just create a unit named medics, give them no weapons and make them type command teams.

I do like this idea though:

quote:

How about taking this idea one step further. Give each soldier under odds that they will offer first aid to their injured comrade.

Men risked their lives for their wounded comrades, how about we see spontaneously one or two memebers of a squad try to go after their wounded comrade to put him out of harms way risking his life. I mean they risk their pixel-lives already in the most insane ways like assaulting tanks with small grenades, so this at least they would be risking their lives for something. The odds could be a parameter that could be moddable by existing nation in the files, like high for US troops and very low for japanese for example.

I would not want actual units of medics running arund on the tactical map though.

Hard-core Spectre

(in reply to Rodmorg)
Post #: 34
RE: Medics - 9/15/2015 3:46:27 PM   
SteveMcClaire

The idea of having each wounded man tie up another soldier (or two) to tend to him is a good one, and one we've discussed from time to time. It's not something that we're likely to have time for in the first release of TBF, but definitely one to keep in mind.

Steve

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 35
RE: Medics - 9/15/2015 9:51:35 PM   
CGGrognard

Morale and proximity could be two factors to determine if a soldier attempts to offer aid to a wounded soldier. The wounded soldiers' wounds would
have to fall in a "sweet" spot.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 36
RE: Medics - 9/16/2015 5:45:29 PM   
Hexagon

And why not add a med-pack as equipment in a squad to prevent a guy die??? or use it to made guy move from heavy injuried to capable of fight???

I refer that red is dead, nothing to do here, orange... use med-pack and hi become yellow, if is yellow become green.

Could be an order in the list(something like "apply 1st aid") with a limited number of uses... you avoid have running crazy soldiers in the map and made player more "powerfull" on his God mode as ruler of a group of little pixels

Othe history is what can do player out of battle to help their veterans return faster to battlefields.

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 37
RE: Medics - 9/18/2015 2:43:46 PM   
Gripen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gripen

Let's be fair, the idea of adding a medic is realistic as they existed in WW2 on all sides.

The problem is where to include them, how to include them and what they would be doing, that's a discussion.

Personally I don't know where they are attached in the squads/hierarchy, I did a little searching but found various things but I think it was every platoon had one?
You could add one guy to the HQ unit, with a little with armband with a cross on it, right?

Then the next question, what does he do, what is the most realistic?
That would mean a small overhaul of the status's of the troops, probably adding some and letting the medic fix things. It's a tough question.
I'm not sure what is most realistic :)
One thing that is sure, you can't have him revive soldiers, maybe stop them from bleeding out (that would need additional status's), I would like that.

< Message edited by Gripen -- 9/18/2015 3:47:22 PM >

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 38
RE: Medics - 9/18/2015 2:45:57 PM   
Gripen

-

< Message edited by Gripen -- 9/18/2015 3:47:12 PM >

(in reply to Gripen)
Post #: 39
RE: Medics - 11/6/2015 11:19:48 AM   
Destraex

No medics pls. Essentially any wounded soldier is ineffective for the rest of the battle and if you win you may recover some of the wounded that survived and they may come back in future battles.

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 40
RE: Medics - 3/10/2016 3:01:00 AM   
sepp3gd

It has been a while since I have posted. I revisited and the first post I came to was back to Medics. And I conclude that medics would benefit the game by enabling you to have highly valuable experienced soldiers who were incapacitated and removed from the roster to return to your squad at some later time according to whatever the circumstances are surrounding the casualty. While this was highly unlikely and improbable due to an overall degradation of the fighting capacity of the Wehrmacht for this to occur for the Germans toward the end of the war, it was S.O.P. for the Americans to place an emphasis on medical attention for the troops to the extent of evacuation to field hospitals for even minor injuries with return to battle after a short duration of rest.

That being said, you could follow the status of your file as they are incapacitated, evacuated, whether they survive, are sent home, return to duty with no restrictions, or die from their injuries. While it is not exactly realistic, neither is the rapid and immediate decoration of medals, but it is a GAME.

Because as you progress through the game, it is likely that you will fight your soldiers through, and come to know the experienced and reliable. Weighing the risk of losing them on dangerous recon movements and holding down difficult to defend victory locations, versus sending in greener troops, has always been a tactical decision that adds yet another layer of realism to this game. As the fights become more dangerous it is inevitable that some experienced and reliable soldiers will be injured no matter how careful and good a commander you are. However, if they survive their injuries and are fit to return, they may, and thus you could one battle be lacking a necessary soldier or two that may have turned the tide on a local engagement for say a map or strongpoint and thus lose the battle, to only have that soldier or soldiers return back to duty to your favor and this time around be better prepared.

I know that this has already been the case in CC2 A Bridge too Far. And that this was definitely a highly fun point in playing the campaign through Cross of Iron. I look forward to The Bloody First. With all of the buzz surrounding medics, I don't see the necessity to add them to the combat gameplay or force pool, but after action reports of casualties are clarified.

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 41
RE: Medics - 3/12/2016 6:13:00 PM   
SteveMcClaire

We've discussed some sort of meaningful decisions around a 'medic' ability in the game, but at this point they will not be 'on the field' saving / reviving guys. It may end up in the game as a limited use 'return this guy to duty' ability post-battle, so you can preserve an experienced soldier. No promises at this point though. :)

Steve

(in reply to sepp3gd)
Post #: 42
RE: Medics - 3/22/2016 2:58:32 PM   
bairdlander2

How about putting stray dogs,insects or cows in the game?

Post #: 43
RE: Medics - 3/22/2016 5:11:21 PM   
SteveMcClaire

There will be cows! Well, dead cows.

Steve

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 44
RE: Medics - 3/23/2016 12:28:39 AM   
CGGrognard

Can we have stray dogs that bark and give away your position?

Post #: 45
RE: Medics - 3/29/2016 7:10:55 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Sadly, no.

Steve

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 46
RE: Medics - 5/21/2016 10:28:38 PM   
mickxe5

The occasional soldier who displays 'beserk' behavior by ignoring enemy fire to aid a comrade would be cool. Better yet would be 'incaps' who didnt just lie there helplessly BUT were never captured (even helpless vehicles could be captured). I'd prefer to see ~50% of incaps crawling/staggering back to the HQ/CP/aid station/entry VL much the way fleeing crews do, only using 'survival' pathing similar to units that have aborted movement due to fire. Battle histories are full of accounts of a steady stream of walking wounded trudging to the rear.

Incaps who cant move should be capturable. Soldiers with minor wounds ahould suffer a range of performance penalties, not a universal factor. And they deserve the 'red badge of courage' by getting a couple pixels of blood.

Post #: 47
RE: Medics - 5/23/2016 11:34:00 AM   
CGGrognard

As I recall, CC3 and Cross of Iron had a similar feature. Soldiers or units routed would make their way to safety off map.
In those games it was important to keep a leader nearby to help prevent them from routing in the first place. This made those games a little
more challenging in that command was essential to conduct effective battles.

(in reply to mickxe5)
Post #: 48
RE: Medics - 5/1/2017 1:09:50 PM   
sepp3gd

CGGrognard -

Yes, in the event that poison sumac, snake bites, or heat stroke cause a combat casualty. XD

But seriously, why not just have Religion in the game? We could add a feature that allows the soldiers to pray to their respective diety and then there is a chance, say .0005% that the prayer is answered. When prayers are answered, the moral can increase and... XD

< Message edited by sepp3gd -- 5/1/2017 1:10:22 PM >

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: Medics Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI