Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steel Panthers World At War Release Update 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Steel Panthers World At War Release Update 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steel Panthers World At War Release Update 2 - 4/18/2001 12:04:00 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys As I promised I will be keeping you informed of our progress. Tom, Paul and myself have been going over every line of combat code making sure its perfect. If all holds steady ( we feel it should ) We could be going gold by Friday. It will still take a few days to ship but it will be out of our hands for winging its way to you.

Post #: 1
- 4/18/2001 12:17:00 PM   
Resisti

My "wargasm" it's at the climax,dont make me wait too much still ;)

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 4/18/2001 1:40:00 PM   
Maximus

Release the Hounds! :D This will be our finest hour. :D Seriously, we thank you for taking your time to release a quality product and look forward to receiving our long awaited goodies :D

"Protection from what Tommy....Ze Germans?"

Post #: 3
- 4/18/2001 4:01:00 PM   
troopie

Sir, With your permission I'll draw a few barrels of beer and hold a trooper's blast this week-end. The men deserve a party. Early next week we have final equipment go-over. It looks we have a long fight ahead of us. troopie

Pamwe Chete

Post #: 4
- 4/18/2001 5:15:00 PM   
Charles2222

Question: Perhaps Matrix has changed it's mind, but earlier we had a discussion that the download would be available as soon as the cd started shipping. I asked about this, for a very good reason, and indeed it would seem there are a few others who share my opinion. My wish was that the download would be available alongside the cd shipping, so for the few days it would take to be delivered (2 day delivery equals five or more days) we could adjust to the new things and knock it around a bit. Since I got the answer I was hoping for then, that it would be available as the cd was being shipped, I ordered with 'normal' mail delivery (slower supposedly, though I've never quite figured out the reality of how the postal businesses work, as I said, two day deliveries never get to my house before five days), but given what David has said recently, that they cannot both mail and make the download available BOTH at the relative same time (and that the cd would ship first), it might be a week or more, later than need be, if I had an understanding that things would switch as they have seemed to. I understand the product is less enticing to have the download available to the new version first, but it does complicate things sometimes when there seems to have been a change in plans. I hope that the friday date being discussed here is in fact the download being available then too, but it looks as though I'm out possibly as late as 2 weeks from friday, unless the download is available by then (because the cd is likely to arrive that late). Anyway, thought I'd let you know.

Post #: 5
- 4/18/2001 5:17:00 PM   
waynef

I will prepare myself for the NFL draft for this coming weekend. This will keep my mind off SPW@W v5 until next week. Thanks for all your efforts. I'd rather v5 came with no bugs (if thats possible) and took an extra week or so. :)

"At My Signal...Unleash Hell" Thanks, Wayne

Post #: 6
- 4/18/2001 7:27:00 PM   
steel

Dont hurry ,I want everything new improv ments expect bugs :D Steel

Post #: 7
- 4/18/2001 7:32:00 PM   
chief

MATRIX: To paraphrase..."This is their finest hour, never have so few done so much for so many" (I know it's not correct but..... :) )Bravo Zulu Matrix

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

Post #: 8
- 4/18/2001 10:01:00 PM   
Mikimoto

Hello. Good news from Matrix. I will celebrate the Friday's shipping eating a Paella and drinking a Penedès white wine. In a typical and spanish way, he, he. Saludos.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 9
- 4/19/2001 8:30:00 PM   
Silvarius

Please, make the bulk order available as soon as possible. I would like to put an order of about 20 CDs, but I don't want to pay $300 of delivery costs. I hope I won't have to wait for weeks before being able to give you some money ;). Silvarius.

Post #: 10
- 4/19/2001 11:49:00 PM   
ficas

Hey Good to hear that it is coming soon. I havn't played any of the other versions - just been waiting for this occasion to play 5.0 I am of course a newbe and have enjoyed reading all of the posts this past week. I am very happy to see that you all are a quality bunch of guys (or gals). Most sites just flame each other to death! SO any ways - can't wait to play the game - send it soon! ficas :) null

Post #: 11
- 4/20/2001 7:09:00 AM   
KG Erwin

I'm waiting for news of the release so I can send you a check...meanwhile, my wife is begging me for money for..food! Can you imagine that? Jeez, what is this world coming to? [ April 19, 2001: Message edited by: KG Erwin ]

Post #: 12
- 4/20/2001 9:59:00 PM   
Mikimoto

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Hi Guys As I promised I will be keeping you informed of our progress. Tom, Paul and myself have been going over every line of combat code making sure its perfect. If all holds steady ( we feel it should ) We could be going gold by Friday. It will still take a few days to ship but it will be out of our hands for winging its way to you.
Hello, Matrix. Are you going gold today? (Today is Friday!!!) How the things are going about shipping and downloads? And, sorry for the question, but... what's the exact meaning of the phrase "going gold"? I don't understand it. Thanks and saludos.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 13
- 4/21/2001 12:15:00 AM   
Grimm

"Going Gold" means they have finalized the program and have loaded it onto a gold master CD. It is my understanding they use the gold master to make the CD copies from. I'm not sure why they use a gold CD rather than a "normal" one. Maybe someone more informed than I can answer that one! :D

Its what you do
and not what you say
If you're not part of the future
then get out of the way

Post #: 14
- 4/21/2001 12:22:00 AM   
Mikimoto

quote:

Originally posted by Grimm: "Going Gold" means they have finalized the program and have loaded it onto a gold master CD. It is my understanding they use the gold master to make the CD copies from. I'm not sure why they use a gold CD rather than a "normal" one. Maybe someone more informed than I can answer that one! :D
Thanks Grimm. I work in computers and never heared about "going gold". When we have a Master copy, an original, we call it "master" only. Well, I'm in Spain and not in USA. But I like the phrase, and the meaning. :)

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 15
- 4/21/2001 3:16:00 AM   
Coachace

quote:

"Going Gold" means they have finalized the program and have loaded it onto a gold master CD. It is my understanding they use the gold master to make the CD copies from. I'm not sure why they use a gold CD rather than a "normal" one. Maybe someone more informed than I can answer that one!
quote:

I work in computers and never heared about "going gold". When we have a Master copy, an original, we call it "master" only. Well, I'm in Spain and not in USA. But I like the phrase, and the meaning.
I like Grimm's explanation, too! Mikimoto, I'm a systems administrator (here in the U.S)and burn CDs all the time. :D I've never heard the term "going gold" before, but I do live a reclusive life! Actually, it sounds more like something a music producer would say. Hell, I hope they go platinum! :D :D

Post #: 16
- 4/21/2001 3:41:00 AM   
Alby

hmmmm, another "hit the refresh key" night nooooooooooooooooooooo :eek: [ April 20, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ]

Post #: 17
- 4/21/2001 3:45:00 AM   
TheChin

It is an actual term as is evidenced by this website: http://www.gonegold.com/ That tracks new games and their release dates. As for using a gold cd, it is the best media for recording, or used to be at least.

"Conan, what is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

Post #: 18
- 4/21/2001 7:09:00 AM   
Spike

Yep, "gone gold" has been a term in the gaming industry for quite awhile. I believe the the "gold" copy is then pressed (when doing large numbers, not sure about Matrix..) :) mass producing CD's isn't exactly like burning them on your home PC. (thankfully! the processes are a bit more reliable) .. like Alby.. refresh. ;) (nah I better leave for awhile)

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Steel Panthers World At War Release Update 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI