Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Today's Japanese R&D lesson

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Today's Japanese R&D lesson Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Today's Japanese R&D lesson - 9/16/2015 9:04:00 AM   
Crazypantoufle

I usually burn a lot of supply in scenario 1 as i use all the R&D factories.
But i don't think it's a waste. It all dépends on the chain for each model.

I don't hesitate to use like 10 R&D factories for models like Zero, as it's not only about getting the A6m5 much earlier, but also the A6m8 (armored A6m5!) much much earlier. Same for the Tojo, as the IIc version is a real improvement compared to the IIa (armor+ slightly better armament) and it will be my main fighter type for most of my IJA squadrons, even when Frank (and his horrible service rating) will appear. So for this models i really burn supply to get them earlier because i feel it really worth it, and most of the factories will be kept on R&D when the first models of the chain appear.

And for the other important but later models with short chains (Frank, Georges, Judy, Sam, ect), i use 3 or 4 R&D factories. If i get them a few months earlier, it's fine, but the real interest is to have fully functionnal production factories from day 1 when the plane model becomes available .

I even use 1 R&D factory for future secondary plane models i plan to use (like transports, recon or night fighters) to get the production ready.

It's my main point for most of my R&D supply investment: the supply i have to use in expending the R&D factories won't have to be used in changing and expending again production factories from scratch + i get full production chains from day 1 for the new models.

< Message edited by Crazypantoufle -- 9/16/2015 10:16:37 AM >

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 31
RE: Today's Japanese R&D lesson - 9/16/2015 5:25:01 PM   
Lowpe

GetAssista: Run your program with a different date for me, pretty please.

Say you want to get a 10/45 plane, but you start your research effort 3/43(say at this point you just concluded a massive Oscar r&d plan and have up to 10 factories to re-allocate). What advancement can you expect with 2, 5, and 10 factories?

PS: I guess my point being is can I run my r&d in two massive waves...the 43 planes I want early, and then the 45 planes I want early. Is this a better strategy than setting up say 10 factories for the A7 at game start...other than in cost of supplies?

RE: Cost of supplies argument. If you fall too far behind the air war curve, and allow the Allies an upper hand early, then the 300K supplies spent on getting the Frank A and R early or A7 will pale in comparison to the beating you will take from the Allies.

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 9/16/2015 6:35:49 PM >

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 32
RE: Today's Japanese R&D lesson - 9/16/2015 6:27:05 PM   
GetAssista

Lowpe, here you are. No engine bonus, mind it

I included both set of simulations of individual factories + a separate calculation based on 63/37 rule. The latter estimates expected arrival date pretty nicely, although luck with individual repairs can still shift arrival date +-1 month. Divergence between simulation and 63/37 grows for larger number of factories because early research outliers matter a lot I guess.
Re your question it looks like the best strategy would be to allocate 2-3 factories to important late planes from the very start, and then help them with additional factories later when those become free from researching earlier planes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 9/16/2015 7:31:37 PM >

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Today's Japanese R&D lesson Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI