Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is a new "Commander" title in development or planed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Is a new "Commander" title in development or planed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is a new "Commander" title in development or ... - 7/12/2015 3:14:22 PM   
Kettengeist

Hi folks,

the search function of the forum delivers no proper results. So I would like to ask you!

Is a new Commander title planed in the style of CTGW?

I like CTGW. And I think it would be really great if the nice gamplay and the state of the art grafics would find their way to a new "Commander" in a Worldwar 2 framework. I know this oldschool game "Commander: Eutope At War",... but this cute old strategy game is a little bit outdated I think.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Sincerely,
Kettengeist

Post #: 1
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 7/24/2015 5:30:04 PM   
Kettengeist

Well I would like to alter my question. Please forget and ignore my opening post.

Rather I would like to ask: "Is it planed to erase the bugs out of CTGW?"
I think here and in the slitherine forum are enough threads and posts full of good ideas and hints to bugs. It should be an easy task for you dear skilled Devs to get things on the right track.

Dear Developers, even if your working on the new DLCs and Addons for Panzer Corps, don't neglect your other great games. They deserve the same care as your cash cows!

Thanks in advance for your current and future support.

Best wishes,
Kettengeist

(in reply to Kettengeist)
Post #: 2
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 7/24/2015 6:20:59 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kettengeist

Well I would like to alter my question. Please forget and ignore my opening post.

Rather I would like to ask: "Is it planed to erase the bugs out of CTGW?"
I think here and in the slitherine forum are enough threads and posts full of good ideas and hints to bugs. It should be an easy task for you dear skilled Devs to get things on the right track.

Dear Developers, even if your working on the new DLCs and Addons for Panzer Corps, don't neglect your other great games. They deserve the same care as your cash cows!

Thanks in advance for your current and future support.

Go to this thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3800429&mpage=1&key=� Read post #23, it might give you a hint as what is going on..

Post #: 3
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 7/24/2015 8:08:08 PM   
Kettengeist

Okay. Got it. Perhaps it's time to have a drink and relax. *cheers*

p.s. Well, I guess, I'll keep on gaming. With or without patches this game simply caught my attention.

Edit: Today I've found out, that it is possible to restart a turn in a multiplayer game as often as you like. This is absolutly stupid. So I decided to quit playing CTGW for the moment. Perhaps I'll give it a chance when some more things were patched by the developers.

< Message edited by Kettengeist -- 7/25/2015 9:29:02 PM >

Best wishes,
Kettengeist

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 4
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 8/24/2015 9:47:27 AM   
Rongor

Frankly I do that reloading every now and then. The replay of my opponents moves is sometimes too fast to notice everything in one show, eyes glued to the monitor. Also when I misclicked something and I am talking of a real mis-click, not the combat you regret after your turn.

Post #: 5
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 8/24/2015 10:33:12 PM   
operating

There is a way to slow down "Replay", Kirk explained how to do it in another thread.

(in reply to Rongor)
Post #: 6
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 9/1/2015 10:27:53 PM   
Hanal

Well getting back to the original thought, I wish they would give a facelift to their Napoleon Commander game and port it to IOS...that would please me at least...

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 7
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 9/1/2015 11:19:17 PM   
Rongor

porting anything to IOS is exactly what we don't need if we want companies to create fine strategy titles with ongoing support.

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 8
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 9/2/2015 1:14:16 AM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

Well getting back to the original thought, I wish they would give a facelift to their Napoleon Commander game and port it to IOS...that would please me at least...

OK, From what I understand: The dev's for CTGW are not the same dev's that did Napoleon, sure Slitherine was involved, but they passed off the development to others for later games of Commander in Europe and CTGW. The last update for Commander Napoleon was in 2008 I believe (have that game too). So don't expect to see any programing there at all for updating to modern devices...

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 9
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 9/2/2015 1:29:04 AM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rongor

porting anything to IOS is exactly what we don't need if we want companies to create fine strategy titles with ongoing support.

I'd give CTGW an "A" for effort for trying to make use of modern devices as an avenue for their game, but BOY, it got them a lot of headaches, especially after reading some of the Tech Supports threads here and at Slitherine...

(in reply to Rongor)
Post #: 10
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 9/17/2015 12:23:18 PM   
prurpnit

we have a game halfway through of CTGW. I haven't had a turn from you for a while however. could you surrender if you are not going to continue? it is clogging up my games list, you see. hope you don't mnd this slightly rude email

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 11
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 9/17/2015 12:35:21 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: prurpnit

we have a game halfway through of CTGW. I haven't had a turn from you for a while however. could you surrender if you are not going to continue? it is clogging up my games list, you see. hope you don't mnd this slightly rude email

I don't see your name on my MP list as indicated in the SS below taken today?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to prurpnit)
Post #: 12
RE: Is a new "Commander" title in development... - 10/17/2015 11:39:47 AM   
prurpnit

Sorry you are right-has gone.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Is a new "Commander" title in development or planed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI