Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Q: Where are the Shakturi? (SPOILERS)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Q: Where are the Shakturi? (SPOILERS) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Q: Where are the Shakturi? (SPOILERS) - 9/12/2015 6:19:01 AM   
EmreYigit

Still a newbie... :)

OK. Here's the situation. On my fourth attempt, I'm many years into a game with a small-ish map, and doing well. I own about 70% of the Galaxy. Tech level is high. Pirates wiped out. (Including legendary ones who appeared twice.) Some smaller Empires absorbed.

Yet no Shakturi.

I've read other threads on this subject, and - correct me if I'm wrong - there are a number of possible triggers for the Shakturi to appear:

A) Tech level of 5-6 (I imagine I'm there) and/or the average tech level of the empires is 3 or 4 (we should be there)

B) Most of the galaxy is colonised (we're there, for the "good" colonies)

C) A "third warning" about the Shakturi... I only received one from the Guardians. I think I might have dug up some info on them from ruins or derelicts or whatnot. Do they count as warnings too?

Looking elsewhere, I see there is a dark beacon or something that I need to trigger. I have searched every ruin, but other than trying (so far unsuccessfully) to rebuild a world destroyer, I haven't bothered to refit any other ships. Nor have I gone chasing after info at position abcdefg, hijklmn or whatever, when I'm pointed in that direction.

I assume the lack of Shakturi is due to the last factor?
Post #: 1
RE: Q: Where are the Shakturi? (SPOILERS) - 9/12/2015 7:33:38 AM   
Bingeling

The "chasing after info" things should be events from destroying pirate bases, and points to derelict ships, traps or something like that. Not Shakturi.

I assume you got the storyline enabled. The missing thing is probably some ruin, somewhere, that you have not explored. Logically should be in an area where you got hold of maps from others, and have not explored yourself.

A quick google says that you or some AI need to explore the "beacons of shakturi", and that this possibly does not appear until a certain tech level is met, which means it may appear "behind your exploration front". Not having the game open, I think it may be possible to filter "systems with ruins" or something like that in the galaxy map, and go through them that way?

If you are really keen on finding them...

(in reply to EmreYigit)
Post #: 2
RE: Q: Where are the Shakturi? (SPOILERS) - 9/12/2015 4:24:49 PM   
EmreYigit

Thank you.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Q: Where are the Shakturi? (SPOILERS) - 9/21/2015 5:23:31 PM   
ldog

Current game I've got the whole galaxy explored and have gotten the "technology stash", which is pretty much the end of the RoTS story, other than finding their beacon, which I haven't found. It's possible my explorers have missed the ruins, since they seem to be good at that. In the meantime I continue expanding and giving aay tech to bring up the overall galaxy techlevel.
I don't think I've been able to trigger the Shakturi in DWU. Memory a little fuzzy since I've been on a long break from DW (thanks for nothing clueless tech support).

(in reply to EmreYigit)
Post #: 4
RE: Q: Where are the Shakturi? (SPOILERS) - 9/23/2015 2:34:50 PM   
Spacecadet

It's quite easy to end up exploring the entire Galaxy and not encountering the Beacon of Shaktur . . .

It can be triggered by another AI finding it, but if you've done any map trading if may well be in part of the map that was traded or in an area that they've already explored.

The problem can be that once everything is explored the Explorer ships tend to go to sleep.
Your best bet in this case is as Bingeling said, use your Galaxy Map and filter on Ruins.
You'll have to manual click on each System & Ruins, and once you find the Beacon of Shaktur send an Explorer to investigate.

< Message edited by Spacecadet -- 9/23/2015 3:36:23 PM >

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

(in reply to ldog)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Q: Where are the Shakturi? (SPOILERS) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI