Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 11/22/2014 7:18:59 PM   
Capshades

First game of that 0.12.1 beta update:
Large Freighters (at least Imperial ones) don't have the exhaust trail animation showing.
Emperor is still labor oriented...(guess you can't fix that?)
...And then I CTD'ed 45 minutes into the game. I'll try another with auto-save on 10 min intervals.

Colony tech still not increasing starting colony population amount.
Emperor still getting Labor Oriented (confirmed no fix.)
Economy seems to be harder to get started, lower income as Imperial? (looks like higher maintenance costs?)
Another CTD 7 years in, again no obvious triggers, continuing...
Also, colony population growth tech doesn't seem to be functioning (continental tech didn't increase growth rate whatsoever, taxes and happiness the same.)
Another CTD at year 14.
Another thing, has anyone noticed that when other empires send you a gift, you don't actually get the money right away? Does it come to you over a period of time or?

And I found that window again! Anyone have a clue how to open it? It was a mistaken click on my part again.

< Message edited by Capshades -- 11/26/2014 8:49:41 PM >

(in reply to mensrea)
Post #: 481
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 1/7/2015 4:38:12 PM   
MIC132

Is this still being developed? The mod looks really interesting, but there seems to be a lot of problems.

For example on Pre-Warp start my Necrons start with some starting (first column) techs that are marked "not-necron", also my Necrodermis is from the very start interpreted as 'outdated' component and the AI doesn't use it in designs.

EDIT: Though both those problems only appear on Pre-Warp starts, so there is that.

But can anyone explain what are the Fuel Cells for? From their stats they look identical to reactors, but have much, much worse efficiency (3 for 1k, compared to 0.5 for 1k for reactors). Am I missing something?

< Message edited by MIC132 -- 1/7/2015 5:46:55 PM >

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 482
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 1/7/2015 5:59:03 PM   
Capshades

I think the guy gave up to be honest. That or he's still recovering from the back injury he sustained.

Reactors require relatively large amounts of uranium to build. Fuel cells don't contain uranium, so if you start in a system lacking uranium you can still build ships. I think they use large amounts of minerals and ore, and of course have much lower efficiency.

If you have stability issues (i.e. CTD's) I would recommend using an older version, v12 was the least stable for me.

< Message edited by Capshades -- 1/7/2015 7:04:34 PM >

(in reply to MIC132)
Post #: 483
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 1/8/2015 10:54:24 PM   
mensrea

MIC - Pre-warp was going to be used as the basis for the campaign, but I never got straight answers about what triggers the Shakturi (who were going to be replaced by the Heretic forces), so there's not much to do with it at this point.

Cap - I have been working on it recently, but it is as you said, constant CTD with no error message. I'd revert to v10 but then I would lose a ton of work, and if I did the work again there's no saying whether it would just crash again or not. I could post what I have, which includes AI work and a lot of fixes, but I really don't see the point if its just gonna keep crashing on people anyway.

Honestly, I think I may have just pushed the game in directions it was never meant to go in. I forget who it was that said it, but another modder noted that there was a very fine balance to this game and it wasn't meant to be radically altered. I think they may have been right. I'm kinda at my wits end with the crashes though, I have done just about everything I can short of reverting entirely and rebuilding everything from the ground up. It really doesn't even make sense, and I have talked to a few informed people about it who were pretty much stumped as well.

EDIT: I may just pull v11 and 12 and go back to 10, as it was the most stable. I definitely will not re-do all that work though, only to see it possibly go back to crashing.

< Message edited by mensrea -- 1/8/2015 11:58:15 PM >

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 484
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 1/9/2015 10:19:31 AM   
Capshades

Maybe post a final "unstable" version of all your work put together (v.13?)(maybe someone can comb through it for bugs) and then work on a less-radical, more stable version?

(in reply to mensrea)
Post #: 485
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 1/9/2015 10:37:38 PM   
Japhet

Hey, mensrea, how is your back? I hope you feel better now.

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 486
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 1/15/2015 1:53:27 AM   
mensrea

My back is better, sort of, thanks for asking. It wasn't as bad as I thought, just hurt like hell and needed rest.

As far as the mod goes, I think I have fixed whatever was causing the crashes. I have got through several large games now. I will release my current work which includes a lot of bug fixes as soon as possible.

(in reply to Japhet)
Post #: 487
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 1/16/2015 8:19:02 PM   
Capshades

Sounds great, can't wait.

(in reply to mensrea)
Post #: 488
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 1/17/2015 11:57:30 PM   
Capshades

-

< Message edited by Capshades -- 1/23/2015 9:37:29 PM >

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 489
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 2/18/2015 8:08:54 AM   
Malis

I only recently found distant worlds, and this mod, but this is awesome. I would really like to see a version of the game that doesn't crash as much, because that definitely becomes an issue once the game has gone on long enough.

Also, is there a way to unlock playing as the "Shakturi" aka CSM? I'm a Word Bearer at heart, and it's a little disappointing to not be able to play as them, especially since you can play as Imperials but not CSM.

(in reply to mensrea)
Post #: 490
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 2/18/2015 7:21:07 PM   
Capshades

Technically yes, you can change the race file but it will only let you start as them, and not actually be able to storm an already colonized galaxy. Go to your distant worlds directory -> customization folder -> WH40k -> races -> shakturi, and change the "playable" value from N to Y. It's about a third of the way down the text file. I think this is all you need to do unless mensrea changed something else.

We're all eagerly waiting for a stable build...

(in reply to Malis)
Post #: 491
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 2/19/2015 2:58:48 AM   
Malis

awesome, thanks very much

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 492
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 2/19/2015 1:47:50 PM   
chelu

Hi fellow WH40K fans. I think this mod needs help! . I would be very sad if it is abandoned. It has nearly as much as hits as others mods that have reached a stable build or second version!. This mod has a lot of potential. I would ask Mensrea to post the latest content, give it freely to the communitty, and then is up to us to try and make it stable and alive!.

(in reply to Malis)
Post #: 493
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 2/19/2015 7:34:34 PM   
Capshades

The mod isn't dead, and he already has a stable build I believe, just hasn't released it.

(in reply to chelu)
Post #: 494
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 4/11/2015 8:01:39 PM   
Capshades

quote:

ORIGINAL: mensrea

My back is better, sort of, thanks for asking. It wasn't as bad as I thought, just hurt like hell and needed rest.

As far as the mod goes, I think I have fixed whatever was causing the crashes. I have got through several large games now. I will release my current work which includes a lot of bug fixes as soon as possible.

C'mon mensrea, can't just tell us you have a playable version of your mod and then leave without uploading it...

(in reply to mensrea)
Post #: 495
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 6/13/2015 1:06:24 PM   
kbobbato

With his permission I could help push this mod to the finish line...either that or with capshades help I could start a brand new 40k mod...I am new to these forums...but have been watching them for a long time...

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 496
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/7/2015 8:49:53 PM   
Skywalker

Awwww.. nuuuu Taaauuuu? *sobbity kitty*. Well , then it's exterminatus to everyone!

Jokes aside - love what i see in desctiption and was eager to try it. Sadly keep getting same message

Could not load required image: E:\Game\Distant Worlds Universe\customization\WH40K\images\ui\chrome\Imperial\designs.png

Working with version 12 of the mod/
Any pointers toward solution would be greatly appreciated

Version 11 doesn't have such problem tho

< Message edited by Skywalker -- 8/7/2015 9:59:11 PM >

(in reply to kbobbato)
Post #: 497
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/8/2015 12:07:54 AM   
Capshades

If I remember right, version 10 is the most stable, but also lacks a lot of the content. I have a version 12.1 beta that he had me testing, but it's just as bad as version 12 in terms of crashing.

If someone who knows what they're doing and has the time to check his code would do so, that would be awesome. I tried looking through it, but honestly I can't think of any one thing that could be doing these sporadic crashes...he modded a lot of files that you're not supposed to change lol.

I'm not sure how intellectual property is treated here, since this is not a country specific game/forum, but I feel that if the community wanted to at least make the mod playable, mensrea would have no problem with it.

(in reply to Skywalker)
Post #: 498
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/8/2015 9:01:56 AM   
Skywalker

I found a peculiar problem...

I started v 11 game. Looked at the wealth of new stuff and was a bit taken aback by that and how supposedly imperial ship desig images were not connected to default imperial ships (yes, for soem reason that was a desappointment for me). Looked at it all for couple of minutes, then switched back to Ancient Galaxy theme and loaded my recently started prewarp human game. After a bit of playing i went to galaxy map menu to look up new sources of hydrogen. Aaaand what did i find in list of known resources there? Gas, uranium and such. yeah - this mod's resource list made its way to the other mod. I deleted folder with W30k mod and then loaded that save again - resource list was back to vanilla.

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 499
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/8/2015 8:00:49 PM   
Skywalker

Ok. Now V11 also throws the Could not load required image: E:\Game\Distant Worlds Universe\customization\WH40K\images\ui\chrome\Imperial\designs.png message

(in reply to Skywalker)
Post #: 500
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/14/2015 9:22:43 PM   
Skywalker

Ummm... question. in V 11 premade ships often have energy collectors installed. Am i to tae it that they cn now also collect energy while ship is in move?

(in reply to Skywalker)
Post #: 501
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/18/2015 5:57:17 PM   
kbobbato

I will take a look...am still working hard on my own mod...but if we can make this more playable the better...can you tell me when it seems to crash?

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 502
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/18/2015 7:38:24 PM   
Capshades

Sent you a PM dawn, let me know if you don't get it

(in reply to kbobbato)
Post #: 503
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/28/2015 10:23:14 PM   
kbobbato

I am working on it now...thanks...

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 504
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/31/2015 1:58:21 PM   
AndysonofBob

Totally looking forward to this bad boy! Would it be possible to upload that more stable version you mentioned earlier please?

Thanks

(in reply to kbobbato)
Post #: 505
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/31/2015 10:16:14 PM   
Capshades

Only mensrea has it, and he hasn't logged on in a year lol

(in reply to AndysonofBob)
Post #: 506
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 8/31/2015 11:11:52 PM   
Radiance89

Thank you mensrea and dawnstorme for your hard work. It's definitely a great mod ^^

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 507
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 9/26/2015 4:05:31 AM   
Xyrael

So, I've been playing this mod as relatively standard choices, but today I decided to start a game as Tyranids. Browsing through the tech tree, I noticed something right off the bat.

There appear to be 2 tech lines which increase the maximum construction size, they begin with either Orbital Assembly or Supermassive Construction. However, the restrictions are confusing.
Orbital Assembly is denied to Dark Eldar, Eldar, Hrud, Laer, Megarachnid, Ork, Shakturi, Tushepta, Tyranid and Vrakk. Supermassive Construction is allowed for Ork, Hrud, Vrakk, Megarachnid, Shakturi, Laer, Eldar, Dark Eldar.

Comparing this, this means that the Tyranids do not have a technology that allows them to increase their construction size beyond the 400 granted by the initial technologies, assuming you start with Pre-Warp technology setting. If you start at any other tech setting aside from Pre-Warp, you are not granted Orbital Assembly, and are restricted to ship sizes of 160. This makes Tyranids unplayable as the mod currently stands.

Assuming the mod might not be updated to fix this for a while, how can I tweak the game myself to fix this and make Supermassive Construction available to Tyranids?

(in reply to Radiance89)
Post #: 508
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 9/26/2015 11:50:13 AM   
Bingeling

I don't have the mod, so I can't see what is there.

As far as I can see from the modding guide and files of other mods/base game, there are two possible things.

In the races file, you may have that all the others have a special component.
The zenox got this in their file (Races folder of the mod):

quote:

'Special Component: -1 = None, 0 or greater = ComponentId of special component. Be careful not to set a special component to a race that is also required by other races
SpecialComponent ;36

It probably points to their special shield tech.

There is also a section disallowed components that could be set, the zenox have none, though. (components.txt in the main mod folder)

quote:

'Disallowed ComponentIds: comma-separated list of component Id values that cannot be researched by this race
DisallowedComponentIds ;

You do of course have to check in the component section to figure out the Ids.

We saw id 36 for the zenox

quote:

36, Megatron Z4, 36, 0, , 40, 9, 0, 155, 12, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 6, 4, 14, 4, 13, 8, 3, 3, 7, 2,

That is their shield tech, see if you find Megatron in the special zenox research branch (research.txt in the main mod folder).
I searched for 36 until it showed up in the componentIds.

quote:

PROJECT ;86, UltraFast Shield Recharging, 2, 6, 1, 16, 0, 0.0,
COMPONENTS ;36
PARENTS ;95, N

PROJECT ;87, Capacitor Overloading, 4, 6, 1, 16, 0, 0.0,
COMPONENT IMPROVEMENTS ;36, 4, 195, 15, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
PARENTS ;86, N

PROJECT ;88, Pure Energy Discharge, 6, 6, 1, 16, 0, 0.0,
COMPONENT IMPROVEMENTS ;36, 6, 245, 20, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
PARENTS ;87, N

So the Zenox has the 36 special component (only theirs) and there are research projects influencing it.

So this is how you can do it. Look in the race files of those that have/have not and see which of the two possibilities are used. Add the necessary Ids to the Tyrandis race file.

Edit: Whenever you change files, make a copy first so that you can undo stuff if you mess up. If you put invalid Ids you are likely to experience game crashes when running the mod.

< Message edited by Bingeling -- 9/26/2015 12:53:28 PM >

(in reply to Xyrael)
Post #: 509
RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod - 2/17/2016 5:48:54 AM   
Capshades

I've been asked by several people for a copy of this mod, so here it is:

WH40K 12.0

This is the last public release, v 12.0 which I believe does not include the GEM mod addon.

WH40K 12.1

This is a private release that Mensrea sent me to beta test. It does contain the GEM mod addon, and some additional content but is less stable than the version above. Note that CTDs have been prevalent since version 10.

(in reply to Capshades)
Post #: 510
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Warhammer 40k DW:U Mod Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI