Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Designing a Modding tool

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Designing a Modding tool Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/9/2014 11:24:59 PM   
yummie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Fantastic progress, please don't tire before it is complete :) Or at least in a usable state for what is done

I am sure that race bias dialog would look even better if you replace "race 0" with the name of race 0. That should not be rocket science compared to the rest you do.

For one it wont look like that when it is done second race_0 is the template of the program and will be replaced with race names from the race folder but thanks for telling us how to program it love when rocket scientist stop by and tell us how to do our Job, as for weather We get it done or not is up to us. I plan on staying at till it is done. I think I have said that from the start. I have already put in well over 100 hours into this. in its current state races is stable and complete and runnable. just needs some validation coding. But if you want to do It, I can turn the code over to you and you can have a crack at it. I love to see frustrated rocket scientist give up in a rain of tears. Then i can get back to making this program complete. How about.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 91
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/10/2014 8:04:24 AM   
Bingeling

Sorry, I did not intend to insult you

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 92
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/10/2014 2:57:22 PM   
yummie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Sorry, I did not intend to insult you

Nah you didnt was just having some fun with you, relax if you did insult me You would know it

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 93
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/11/2014 12:34:47 AM   
yummie

Okay so working on biases tonight. Up to point where got to read the race name from the race files and load them. Made the app light weight and went with a grid view. Only way not to flood the app out. Also make it less cumbersome on processor. We shall see where this leads us, hopefully the hole isn't to deep and wont take hours to fill up. Cross figures I am going in. Sorry i am such a prevy 8)
Oh i am an idiot it is fixed time to vaildate the boxes so you can only put in ranges of 50 - -50 fun fun anyone know how to do it, silly me Ill just ask nick. I might have to get on my knees and beg really slow but I am sure he knows the answer.

EDIT UPDATE***
Loads races already and looks great.
Biases Tab almost complete, All that is left is saving biases in correct format, Loading biases txt fill if already done. Loading biases not from this tool. So hold on to your Panties all We are nearing the end of this One. Which means on to easier things. It is not as Sexy as the rest of the Layouts. But it is lowest processing solution That Could be done. The other formats Were locking up once passed 20 races. This does not. But still looks Great, but not as sexy.

< Message edited by yummie -- 2/11/2014 3:09:48 AM >

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 94
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/11/2014 3:40:49 AM   
Igard

quote:

ORIGINAL: jsolo15

Ingard

I'm in ESO beta the game okay. GW2 is a way better game in my opinion.
There are some nice things I like about ESO. The ability to create your own custom class.
Overall GW2 better game and you don't have to pay a month sub.

Yeah, the monthly sub thing seems a bit antiquated in this age of free to play. Lessons to be learned from the old republic. Still, it is the Elder Scrolls...

Yummie, that bias screen looks well.. yummie!!

*Kirk voice* Must... resist... filling....little boxes.. with..... numbers....

BTW, you can check out the Picard era now. I've updated the forum thread with the new version.

(in reply to jsolo15)
Post #: 95
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/11/2014 4:04:11 AM   
yummie

I will do it in a little bit love to check it out. Funny you put that way We named your mod Resistance is futile, to test the tool. And thanks, a lot of hard work and research went into make that work exactly how we want it to while not taxing the processor and ram. Then It got deleted on accident and all the work went poof. Right after I posted the screen shots, but Good thing for great memory All fixed now And back to normal. Really need to start backing work up some where else, lol. It is back to looking exactly like that, And also works exactly same. SO didn't lose a lot of data really. Also fixed a couple more errors in races that have been pointed from friends testing it.

< Message edited by yummie -- 2/11/2014 5:10:07 AM >

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 96
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/11/2014 3:30:27 PM   
yummie

Goals for today Finish up Biases completely, decide a day to release a Alpha version of the tool for early, testing. Warp up some loose ends.

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 97
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/12/2014 3:17:22 PM   
yummie

OKay so long day working today allot to do like very Wednesday and on top of that got to go get a new mic and hdmi cable.

But will try and get some more done. Also Playing skyrim some time today. First time playing it digging it a lot.

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 98
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/12/2014 10:43:56 PM   
jsolo15

Skyrim, is a very fun game. Why ESO is so interesting to me.

quote:

ORIGINAL: yummie

OKay so long day working today allot to do like very Wednesday and on top of that got to go get a new mic and hdmi cable.

But will try and get some more done. Also Playing skyrim some time today. First time playing it digging it a lot.

Jsolo

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 99
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/12/2014 11:04:25 PM   
Igard

I like Skyrim with mods. I play with fast travel disabled (I have to use horse and cart), the food and drink mod, and the frostfall hypothermia mod. These are a must have for me.

(in reply to jsolo15)
Post #: 100
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/12/2014 11:21:37 PM   
yummie

Playing on console

(in reply to jsolo15)
Post #: 101
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/13/2014 12:25:21 AM   
Mad Igor

do we still have scotch ? or you drank it all ?
no beer,i don't want get pregnant on the random partythread.

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 102
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/13/2014 1:21:41 AM   
yummie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Igor

do we still have scotch ? or you drank it all ?
no beer,i don't want get pregnant on the random partythread.

Stay on topic please

Up Date:
Well Here We go So Been a few days since a Real up Date announcement So lets Make this a Great one. After 157 hours of Hard work and a lot of designing and coding on mine and Nicks Part We Can Say the tool is shaping up nicely. So update one Biases Is closing to an end, All that is left is loading current biases for editing. Which is great. We are also closing in on our First alpha test. Which you sign up for here
Can you say Excited. Other exciting news Valentines is coming up Which will mark the launch of Alpha. So show your love and Sign up. So far its looking like there are very few errors, So you will get first crack at using the first Ever tool for DW. AS For me and Nick We are Also happy to announce I tied him up and poured honey all over his sexy body then licked it off, Just making sure your paying attention. Okay back to News. Next 2 days will be spent Making Sure the tool is ready for Alpha testing. Doing validation and shrinking it down to all Know working components. So Show so love and let us know how excited you are about this coming event By letting us know what Kinda of mod you planing Planning making when this tool is Finally officially released.

Hugs
Yummie and Nick

(in reply to Mad Igor)
Post #: 103
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/13/2014 2:40:14 PM   
yummie

Okay biases IS done its a new Day, Today we work on Dialog getting that up and done and then work on validations For races Tomorrow is A big day we will be sending out the tool for Alpha testing to see what Select people Think about the tool in the state that it is, So hold on to your panties i know i am

EDIT*** Racing to get everything Ready for Alpha testing tomorrow. Currently got all loose ends with About done Starting validations for races, Biases is done and ready to go, Dialog will be done soon and Then we will build it set options up for it then do virus scans, then upload it and then tomorrow will send out links to all those Who are in picked for alpha tomorrow morning. So if you haven't signed up For basically a preview of the tool Get to that tread right away http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3543814 .... Thanks for all the support From the forum and hope your excited to hear from those in alpha on how the tool preforms. Durning the preview stage

< Message edited by yummie -- 2/13/2014 10:55:07 PM >

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 104
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/14/2014 3:40:34 AM   
yummie

Okay last call for Alpha Sign up Is Tomorrow We will be putting The Down load up on our site and will be sending out instructions To those that have signed up for Alpha.

We will Also be testing our Automated Update system Which will Update the Tool Saturday with Dialog as the first Update test. Then As we finish the tool Those in Beta will Be first to get Working updates and finished Extras as they come available.

The release Of alpha Will mark A 3 day vacation That me and Nick will take as We want to take A Small Break, and spend time with each other. It will also allow the Alpha testers a chance to try the tool and run it through its paces. Only thing we will do in that time is Set up the automated update for the tool which will happen first thing Saturday. And answer any questions from Alpha testers.

There are still some know issues and We will get fixed before Beta, But they are minor issues that will not effect most people, but we want it prefect and very automated Where people do not have to Go looking for answers. But so far very Slick looking and very constant.

But the tool At this point that has been written i would say is at the 95% mark with just a small amount of Validation needed to be written. Depending on what Alpha testers Notice that we missed and What we know needs to be written. Mostly for our satisfaction. That is it for up dates Next post will be announcing that the alpha testers Have received the download link and there instructions.

Thanks,
Yummie and Nick

< Message edited by yummie -- 2/14/2014 4:47:08 AM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 105
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/14/2014 1:34:29 PM   
yummie

Alpha Has started this is our First official release, We are very proud of what we have done so far. And have looked forward to taking this step and bring us one step closer to Releasing the program. So the program will move to the beta stage and be open for all to download and use. We like to thank the community you all have been great. Now for 3 days off. and back to work. Just some minor things to do for tool and relaxation. You should be hearing from the alpha members soon We are crossing our figures that they like it.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 106
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 2/14/2014 10:26:09 PM   
Mad Igor

i don't think they will dare not to.

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 107
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 5/10/2015 11:59:13 AM   
Hyperi

Ehm, ... is there some beta program to download and test&try ?:) If so, apologies for my obvious incompetence at searching :D

(in reply to Mad Igor)
Post #: 108
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 5/10/2015 9:16:36 PM   
rjord2021

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hyperi

Ehm, ... is there some beta program to download and test&try ?:) If so, apologies for my obvious incompetence at searching :D

Based on this http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3543814&mpage=2&key=

I don't think this is happening and yummie has not loggedback into the forum for 13 months now..... bit of a shame.

Roy

< Message edited by rjord1 -- 5/10/2015 10:19:49 PM >

(in reply to Hyperi)
Post #: 109
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 8/4/2015 2:30:30 AM   
yummie

Sorry about that had a bunch of horrible things happen to me. This game seemed less important at the time. I might finish off the modding tool, after i give distant worlds universe a try. unless i like it, if that is the case I'll probably do something with that game.

Again, Sorry I was away so long. Life happened, I am in a great place now and Just starting to get back into gaming. Again sorry I was away so long. it will be just me making the tool this time, and I will have to start over because I can not find the original script for it. Not surprised though as I had to get a new computer. unless one of the testers has the program which I highly doubt. But no worries Shouldn't take long to get it back up and going. Hardest part is the lay out and I can just copy it from the pics I put up here. Any ways I am going to try out universe first before I make my mind up.

(in reply to rjord2021)
Post #: 110
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 8/5/2015 5:23:00 AM   
CyclopsSlayer

Welcome back!

Glad to hear things have settled down.

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 111
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 9/17/2015 10:05:41 PM   
yummie

Thanks, well after playing universe didnt care to much for it, ive decided to go ahead and rewrite this program. Should be fun

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 112
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 10/1/2015 6:01:27 AM   
yummie

A little update I would say i am about a third of the way done making the modder, ive redesigned it and try to give it a modern twist, right nect should be done in a month or so, i am only working on it on the weekends so its going slow but i aspect it to be done in a month or so, ill upload pictures in a week or so when i have the time and not scuring to finish layout design. Then ill work on funxtionality of the forms. Which will actually be easier than the layout and should go much quicker.

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 113
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 10/1/2015 6:28:53 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Hey! Glad to see you are still working on this!

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 114
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 10/2/2015 1:23:56 AM   
yummie

Yes, actually enjoying myself, spending a great deal of time on the graphics, thats not my fav thing to do. Framkly i suck at grapics plus one image can take hours main ui has 28 total which is why not much progress in funcitionality till today. Manage to have completely funictional main page.. finally getting into the coding, so its all learning how to do things i havent done,<<<<<hard part, figuring out why things arent working, mostly spelling errors and miss assocation, if you check saturday i will be uploading th main UI which i think looks freaking awesome, and the about page and what ever i get done of races, will be about this time as this post. Maybe a few hours after depending on when and if i work on time. But dont want to get pictures up till i start in races menu, the main Ui images took me a while, but look decent for a graphics noob like myself. But only a few more images to do buttons and what not, the can wait as i wont need them for a bit, the will be for later forms that are weeks away, have most of it planned out
And scrabled all over mt chalk baord and earsers boards. Looks like a mad man puked his brain all over my living room

So things i changed and whill changed:
will have windows 8 & 10 look and fell to it.
Also figured out thteading so will run with little hopefully no lag.
images will play huge part in the look and fell of the app making it less laggy, sounds silly but its true.
it will and should work with any andriod with just a couple tweaks.
Lastly when i post the images ill also be posting the code for those who are interested in programming can share
This and see the complexity going into gui.
lastly going to have to buy the game again as i lost my key when i did an upgrade to windows 10, and had to uninstall it becuase it wasnt working. Thats evrrything up to date besides almost home, sorry about any errors in post hat my phone.

Post #: 115
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 10/3/2015 5:24:00 AM   
yummie

here is the things that are completed long day at work so quick upload on way home going to start races tonight thinking about doing a youtubeblog on the creation of this tool. Not sure yet thought about it though any ways heres whats done. Ill be putting the code up tomorrow hopefully if not tired have 10 hours of work left before work week out.

< Message edited by yummie -- 10/3/2015 7:34:53 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 116
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 10/3/2015 6:28:25 PM   
yummie

Oops didnt realize pic didnt load fixed the main page working on race creation got the load image secation done, Now working on labels while on my lunch break. The about sectoin is almost complete need to save to text and create folders but almost there.

Update*

Now the fun part but wont get to it till monday or tuesday, but finished designing race creation now have to build if member servers me correct 15 classes and arrays. So have to bust out the math to populate all the drop dow menus. Also have to rename all the boxes to make it easier for inputting the arrays. I am not sure how many are following this, at this point as this was started some time ago, but that being said this program this time around is teaching me alot more than the first time around. As i have to really understand it, instead of relying on my bf to quickly come to the rescue and just fix the problems. Last time around i did all the grunt work and tried the back end here and there. I am hoping by the end of this project to have a firm grasp of programming in c#. At this point though it has seemed easy with a few hicups here and there. Some concepts being easier than others but with alot of research, ive managed to fix all issues so far, and even able to figure other sections out with out having to research it more depth... so far only issue i cant resolve is drag and drop... more research is required.. ill get it though. Also this time i can design the program my way, and get a look i can be proud of and wanted to begin with but my ex didnt like. I am also kind of using this tread as blog, hope you all can deal with that.

So far the only real strugle ive had was getting the image choosen to load but now i have a firm graps on that. Well thanks for reading got some renaming to do then off to pay bills and meet my mom and uncle for brunch in couple hours. The flow and speed of the program id say is about the same as the first time, since most of this stuff was what i did in the first place. So ill keep chugging along, hopefully ill get the source code up, want to clean it up, a little make notions explaining what does what so its easy to follow along.

< Message edited by yummie -- 10/4/2015 12:24:55 PM >

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 117
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 10/4/2015 6:27:17 PM   
Shark7

Just curious, but will this function on older versions of Windows? Win 7 mainly, pretty sure there aren't many XP users left.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to yummie)
Post #: 118
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 10/5/2015 12:09:25 AM   
CyclopsSlayer

Desktop Operating System Market Share. September, 2015.

Windows 7: 56.53 %
Windows XP: 12.21 %
Windows 8.1: 10.72 %
Windows 10: 6.63 %
Mac OS X 10.10: 4.91 %
Windows 8: 2.6 %
Linux: 1.74 %
Other: 4.66 %

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 119
RE: Designing a Modding tool - 10/6/2015 2:26:11 PM   
ChildServices

How many of those Windows XP machines do you think are used for gaming, though? Seems like they'd mostly be office computers to me.

Alexander the Great, his name struck fear into hearts of men.

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Designing a Modding tool Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI