Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Displays hexes to move into

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Tech Support >> Displays hexes to move into Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Displays hexes to move into - 10/6/2015 6:59:25 PM   
adek670

guys,

I've got an issue with the 'display hexes that a unit can move into' highlight.

In previous campaign series games, as soon as you clicked off a unit the map went back to normal(no greyed out hexes).

In this release it stays on when you then click an empty hex and you have to then manually click the button off.

I cant see why this would be intentional, is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

ade
Post #: 1
RE: Displays hexes to move into - 10/6/2015 7:20:23 PM   
HeinzHarald

Yeah, it's been bothering me slightly.

(in reply to adek670)
Post #: 2
RE: Displays hexes to move into - 10/7/2015 2:01:51 AM   
Jason Petho

With the new Extreme FOW rules, unless you select another unit, the reachable hexes will remain for the previously selected unit.

In the previous campaign series, you could still "see" from unoccupied hexes (under the current Extreme FOW, this is no longer possible), meaning that the reachable hexes disappeared.

Jason Petho

(in reply to HeinzHarald)
Post #: 3
RE: Displays hexes to move into - 10/7/2015 7:03:26 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

With the new Extreme FOW rules, unless you select another unit, the reachable hexes will remain for the previously selected unit.

In the previous campaign series, you could still "see" from unoccupied hexes (under the current Extreme FOW, this is no longer possible), meaning that the reachable hexes disappeared.

Jason Petho

Or, just click at any other hex in the map. It is quite nice, for the hex highlights only appear when you have an active unit selected. You see them when moving a unit for instance, then they go off by a quick click on a hex say with next units, but before selecting any of them.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 4
RE: Displays hexes to move into - 10/7/2015 4:54:29 PM   
HeinzHarald

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads
Or, just click at any other hex in the map. It is quite nice, for the hex highlights only appear when you have an active unit selected. You see them when moving a unit for instance, then they go off by a quick click on a hex say with next units, but before selecting any of them.

Either I misunderstand you, or you are mistaking visible hexes for reachable hexes. It works as you describe for visible, but not for reachable where it stays as it were even if you select an empty hex (as Jason confirmed).

This is a bit of a bother. It would be smoother if the reachable hexes feature went into standby (disappeared) as soon as you don't have a unit selected. This wouldn't mess with extreme FOW from a gameplay perspective (but obviously would from the perspective of the game engine).

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 5
RE: Displays hexes to move into - 10/7/2015 5:12:38 PM   
Crossroads

Sorry, my bad. I thought this was about visible hexes.

Post #: 6
RE: Displays hexes to move into - 10/8/2015 8:33:17 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reaper

guys,

I've got an issue with the 'display hexes that a unit can move into' highlight.

In previous campaign series games, as soon as you clicked off a unit the map went back to normal(no greyed out hexes).

In this release it stays on when you then click an empty hex and you have to then manually click the button off.

I cant see why this would be intentional, is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I don't see this as a bug, rather a feature.

You have selected a unit, then toggled the Reachable hexes.

Now, with the Reachable hexes still highlighted, you click on different hexes within the highlight zone in order to determine -- from the Info Box -- their terrain type, TEM, Concealment, Morale, etc.

If you were to do that, if you were to click on one of the Reachable hexes, then the highlight goes off, you would lose sight of the Reachable hexes zone -- the zone you want to investigate.

If this really bothers you, get in the habit of using the ReacHable hexes hot key H. With a unit selected, and the Reachable hexes showing, you no longer want to see them? Use the H hot key to toggle them off!

Hot keys are our friends. We should all get to know them better.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to adek670)
Post #: 7
RE: Displays hexes to move into - 10/8/2015 10:44:32 PM   
HeinzHarald

That does make sense, but clicking in the black and not having it disappear makes less sense from a convenience perspective.

Since I play on a Surface I usually play with mouse only, but I suppose I should get used to bringing out my portable keyboard.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 8
RE: Displays hexes to move into - 10/8/2015 11:02:49 PM   
adek670

I feel this is clumsy at best.

whilst you might call it a feature, I think not. Anyone who has played the previous titles think the same?

I don't see it as a feature at all. saying hot keys are a friend doesn't answer my question with this. if nothing else, is there a way to turn this off ?

I would like to know if this is by design or not ultimately. As I said, in previous campaign titles this wasn't the case.

Ade

Post #: 9
RE: Displays hexes to move into - 10/13/2015 8:36:59 PM   
adek670

Any news from the team.

Is this working as designed or a bug which will be fixed in a future update?

Appreciate an update,

Thanks

Ade

< Message edited by Reaper -- 10/13/2015 9:58:22 PM >

(in reply to adek670)
Post #: 10
RE: Displays hexes to move into - 10/13/2015 9:18:39 PM   
berto

WAD. Please use the H hot key to toggle off.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to adek670)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Tech Support >> Displays hexes to move into Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI