Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[RESOLVED] Map view "Flips"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [RESOLVED] Map view "Flips" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[RESOLVED] Map view "Flips" - 10/16/2015 6:22:10 PM   
Glenn Beasley

Im using Vers 1.09,RC 11 Build 746 and the newest DB,Im Playing a Scenario ( One I Made) Everything is Going Fine and then the Map "Flips" My side South Korea was on the bottom North Korea is at the Top of the screen ( Generally North) and than it "Flips" North Korea is at the Bottom And South Korea is at the Top of Screen .I checked the Hot Keys thinking I might have inadvertently hit one,But im not seeing it I checked the top of Screen (Map settings,Editor,Mission Editor,Options etc) still not seeing what I did to Flip it, I Checked to make sure I didnt "Switch Sides" and that "God Mode" is Disabled, Im Still Not sure what I did or if I could replicate it ,Whats going on in the Scenario is that Im trying to Defend(using Patriot PAC 2 GEMS)against a Kinda Big North Korean SSM attack against my South Korean Green Pines Radar,Some Patriot PAC 2 GEMS and Some Hyunmoo SSM 1,2,3 SSM sites as well as 155 mm Arty units, and maybe some Type 117 Radars ,I-Hawk if I remember,All the weapons are set to Reload. AND this Map flip isnt a Big deal (I kinda like the View Once I figured out what happened,I just would like to know How do I switch it back so that my side is on the Bottom. BUT IT REALLY Should be considered as an Option in the Next Update if its not too late,And YES! I probobably Didnt put that Suggestion in the right place in this Forum,as long as messege received and Considered thats all I was trying to do.Oh AND how do I Change the view back,What Key or Combo of keys please and Thanks?

< Message edited by emsoy -- 10/17/2015 6:05:45 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 1:39:37 AM   
michaelm75au

Alt-S switches side if that is what you are referring to (in editor mode)

< Message edited by michaelm -- 10/17/2015 2:40:03 AM >

Michael

(in reply to Glenn Beasley)
Post #: 2
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 10:35:44 AM   
thewood1

One thing you can do is use a little punctuation and a paragraph or two. My head hurts trying to read it.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 10:37:13 AM   
thewood1

Also, can you take a screen shot of the map with the issue. Frankly, the way you wrote this, I am not even sure what the issue is.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 11:27:27 AM   
Dimitris

A screenshot would definitely help....

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 2:29:35 PM   
Tomcat84

It's a bit unclear. Are you saying all units swapped color (I.e. red became blue and blue became red) or that they literally swapped I.e. they changed positions ?

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 6
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 2:36:08 PM   
AndrewJ

He's saying sometimes North is at the top of the map, and sometimes South is at the top of the map.

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 7
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 4:06:51 PM   
Glenn Beasley

I figure (Spelling !) out what was doing it, And in response to the thewood1, Notice the lack of Puncuation AGAIN !,I hope your poor head Aint (Proper Spelling AND Puncuation!) hurting too bad after you read this post, Your just gonna (Spelling AND Puncuation AGAIN !) Deal with it!.Thanks for the tips and understanding in spite of my not very clear posting to some,Snarky comments about spelling and puntuation (Spelling Again!) etc. Seems like there is always at least one in every forum.

< Message edited by Glenn Beasley -- 10/17/2015 5:23:28 PM >

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 8
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 4:16:31 PM   
mikmykWS

Ok so is this issue resolved?

I don't understand what you wrote.

Mike

Post #: 9
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 4:24:43 PM   
Glenn Beasley

Yes Mikmyk issue is Resolved,Thanks for the reply.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 10
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 7:22:44 PM   
thewood1

Wowhowconsiderationofyou.Letmemakemyrequestaseasyforsomeonetofigureoutaspossible.Ihailyourwillingnesstohelppeoplehelpyou. I am sure people will jump to help out next time.

Post #: 11
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 7:24:40 PM   
mikmykWS

LOL. Its not that bad

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 12
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 7:26:36 PM   
thewood1

In case you have a hard time reading my post. I would think someone looking for some help would make at least some effort to make their post easier to read. Note Mike mentioned it as well. I really don't care about spelling. I care about actually deciphering what you wrote in the minimum amount of time.

Making it difficult to read on purpose means you are saying your time is more valuable than anyone willing to help you. That is selfish and lazy. And your reply shows a lack of any form of social skills.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 13
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 8:38:08 PM   
Glenn Beasley

Making a post Difficult to read on purpose means as you allege that i do/did Can be for a whole lot of reasons,Not Because they are "Selfish and Lazy" as you say.And NO I didnt have a hard time reading ANY of your Posts deliberately misspelled or not.,I have found this Forum to be pretty quick and responsive to Forum readers who need help even for people with Spelling and puncuation issues.,What is Unhelpful thewood1 are your comments about spelling and punctuation in your Original response,If you cant help (For whatever reason spelling,puntuation,lack of understanding or comprehension etc)You should just leave the unhelpful comments about spelling etc out of it, Other Forum members did it just fine and I found their comments to be helpful ,Why Cant You ?. Are you a Fustrated English teacher or something ? Gods gift to spelling and Puntuation ?Even the Moderater is under the impression that my spelling and punctuation wasnt that bad (admittedly my post can use some help as do lots of members in this forum ( I know because i read them),and as this post indicates the spelling and puncuation isnt perfect in this one either. My goal Primarily is to Communicate,Some of my posts do that better than others, Perfection in Spelling or Puntuation sometime( Generally Not Deliberate tho) will come secondary to that ( Wrap your head around my Spelling AND Punctuation in this Post,Is your head hurting yet? Not intending for it to!).And You obviously DO care about the spelling in my Post but i have noticed not so much in anybody elses why is that ? Because You are the only one that mentioned it directly,My original post wasnt that difficult to read due to spelling and punctuation as you allege,If it was difficult to read (and it wasnt very clear) its because there was to much info in it rather than a spelling or Puncuation issue.AND its way to early for you to start making allegations that people are "Selfish and lazy" just because the spelling/Punctuation in my or anybody elses post Makes your" poor head hurt",There could be a lot of reasons why . But Selfish and laZY"seem to be a Favorite fallback term that gets thrown around this forum pretty looselY,when some people cant think of anything better to post about a subject in many cases and your post was one of them that fits in that catagory.

< Message edited by Glenn Beasley -- 10/17/2015 10:33:17 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 14
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/17/2015 9:44:38 PM   
thewood1

You obviously didn't read them because they weren't misspelled. It is just inconsiderate to ask for help and not try to help yourself.

Post #: 15
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/18/2015 1:43:01 AM   
Glenn Beasley

Whats Inconsiderate is making Snarky comments about a Fellow Member Spelling and Punctuation (Just mine Nobody elses that I"ve seen, Why did you/are you singling me out ??) when that wasnt even the subject of my Post . Your puncuation really Sucked Bad in some of your/and others Previous posts.And btw Spelling and punctuation ISNT an indication of Inconsideration !.Tt could be an indication of many things (I told you that Previously . Where do you come up with this Malarky ?And btw I did help myself thats how I Solve most of the Issues in this game that I can, it sure hasnt been from any help/advice/suggestions from you (not a single time).

< Message edited by Glenn Beasley -- 10/18/2015 2:45:20 AM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 16
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/18/2015 7:25:32 AM   
Tomcat84

Apart from all the spelling stuff, is it possible to post what you did to resolve the issue? I don't see it and it might be of use in the future if anyone else experiences it?

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

Post #: 17
RE: Map view "Flips" - 10/18/2015 3:29:20 PM   
Glenn Beasley

Here You Go Tomcat84 , Its Alt S , I must have inadvertently hit the Key Combo.Appreciate the helpful tips/suggestions and advice

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [RESOLVED] Map view "Flips" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI