Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the general community here?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the general community here? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the genera... - 10/4/2015 12:39:51 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

Simple question:

In this sub forum, are we allowed to propose general ideas for scenarios for the community at large to make if they so wish?

I have a number of scenario ideas, but nowhere near the time or skill/experience with the editor to come even close to making them a reality.
Post #: 1
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/4/2015 1:26:50 AM   
AaronWallace

I don't see why not, especially if you don't get upset if we don't instantly drop our projects to work on yours but I can't see why it would be a problem... heck you could use this thread even. :)

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 2
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/4/2015 1:32:06 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

Its not nessicarily demanding anything, just putting up ideas that anyone can do. And of course if one doesn't want someone to screw something up, than just don't post the idea.

Maybe ill put up my first idea, sort of a challenge, very soon.....

(in reply to AaronWallace)
Post #: 3
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/4/2015 3:26:59 PM   
Sardaukar

I'd see no problem with it. I have done it myself too.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 4
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/4/2015 3:31:02 PM   
Dimitris

Absolutely. Knock yourselves out.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/4/2015 5:50:01 PM   
magi

What's your idea....? I am very curious now…

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 6
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/4/2015 10:41:13 PM   
Excroat3

quote:

ORIGINAL: magi

What's your idea....? I am very curious now…

His idea was the Hunt for Red October scenario, you even commented on that thread.

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 7
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/5/2015 10:58:16 AM   
Magpius

Are there any Syria-Isis-Russia-Nato scenarios?

(in reply to Excroat3)
Post #: 8
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/6/2015 3:29:11 AM   
Mgellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

Are there any Syria-Isis-Russia-Nato scenarios?

I'm working on a Syria/Terrorist/Soviet Union vs. US/Egypt/Israel scenario set in 1982 featuring the Biddle (CG 34) at the moment (a follow-up to another scenario with Biddle as the "star"). It starts as a show of force mission and things rapidly take a turn for the worse. I'll post a beta version in a few days when I'm done tweaking it.

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 9
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/6/2015 5:19:08 AM   
Dysta

And I am still perfecting the Alaska scenario ever since I proposed it long ago. I thought it will take a week, but since I got a new job it get a lot slower.

The real question is can you work for it, more than if people is interested.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 10
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/7/2015 7:44:56 PM   
gregb41352

Russia, Syria, Iran vs US, Nato, Saudi (?). The present situation seems very dangerous.

< Message edited by gobadgers -- 10/9/2015 8:07:55 PM >

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 11
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/17/2015 1:44:28 AM   
B52H

I have freed up my schedule and am looking for some scenarios to build. Does anyone have any ideas for a scenario(s)?

(in reply to gregb41352)
Post #: 12
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/17/2015 4:25:21 AM   
Excroat3

quote:

ORIGINAL: B52H

I have freed up my schedule and am looking for some scenarios to build. Does anyone have any ideas for a scenario(s)?

Would you be interested in finishing a scenario that I only have about halfway completed? It has most of the units placed, but it is lacking events, scoring, and a few other things that I just don't have time for anymore

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 13
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/17/2015 12:21:06 PM   
PastorJoe

I would love a medium long scenario that focuses on the conflict between the RUS vs ISIS groups in Syria. Maybe even trow in a little battle with RUS fighters entering Turkish airspace and all hell breaks out?

(in reply to B52H)
Post #: 14
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/17/2015 5:41:54 PM   
magi

quote:

ORIGINAL: PastorJoe

I would love a medium long scenario that focuses on the conflict between the RUS vs ISIS groups in Syria. Maybe even trow in a little battle with RUS fighters entering Turkish airspace and all hell breaks out?

That would be cool and certainly relevant to our times.....

(in reply to PastorJoe)
Post #: 15
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/17/2015 6:49:57 PM   
Dysta

We called it a fashion-based scenario -- only making them when it is happening.

Nothing wrong I suppose, and it is a very good timing to test the realism of CMANO.

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 16
RE: Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the ge... - 10/17/2015 8:39:17 PM   
Vici Supreme

quote:

ORIGINAL: magi

quote:

ORIGINAL: PastorJoe

That would be cool and certainly relevant to our times.....

Go ahead, looking forward to playing it.

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Are we allowed to propose Scenario ideas for the general community here? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI