Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pesky non-spawning Shakturi

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Pesky non-spawning Shakturi Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pesky non-spawning Shakturi - 10/28/2015 2:10:48 AM   
jacozilla

I try and search forum / google before posting a question so will skip to the chase and simply enumerate what I've already tried / confirmed I am doing:

Definitely:
1. Have RoTS storyline checked as enabled
2. Tried enabling / disabling all other storylines in every combo along with RoTS enabled
3. Tried starting pre-warp and starting tech / young empire
4. Spiral galaxy if it matters with 11 AI empires, large 700 star 10x10 map

What works after starting game:
1. Meet ancient guardians - they give me first warning - the hello, stay away from their home system X
2. Explore and scout every message that says goto X system
3. I find sometimes the system with the Beacon, but have not been able to trigger being told to go find the beacon

What doesn't work
1. Refugees aka Shakturi in disguise is never triggered - just don't seem to ever have them come along, and in one game I went 77 years post start
2. Guardians give me at most a couple warnings but I never get anything I've read re: going to the Beacon
3. I've discovered what seems to be all the lore, including the story of the last gasp step of the virus that was created
4. There is zero pulsing circles left on my map so not sure what else I need to trigger to advance story to get shakturi
5. To ensure maybe that I can't be only civ left, I've deliberately left other AI empires alone other than a few I crush to get breathing room. They all tech up to 4-5, and I am at max tech - still no Shakturi

All posts I've read condensed to one sentence seems to suggest: when galaxy is old enough / tech advanced enough, and you find all the message locations, the refugees aka hidden shakturi will start to come - but I just can't seem to get to this stage.

Any thoughts what I am doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Pesky non-spawning Shakturi - 10/28/2015 8:28:15 AM   
Bingeling

As long as you see the Ancient Guardians, the setup is Ok.
If you run pre-warp they will not be there from the very start, but they show up at one if the somewhat nearby independents as you get hyperdrive or something like that.

I do not play that storyline, so I am not confident about all steps, but the keys should be:

- High enough galaxy wide tech level. Mostly an issue with very slow research.

- Finding all beacon locations. If the whole galaxy is explored, I believe you may filter by ruins on the galaxy map, and do the rather boring job of clicking through all to make sure they are "explored". This should all be possible to do from the galaxy map.

(in reply to jacozilla)
Post #: 2
RE: Pesky non-spawning Shakturi - 10/28/2015 12:30:02 PM   
Icemania

I almost always play with the Shakturi. While it's been a while since I played, I suspect the issue is assuming you will get a warning to go to the new Beacon. Normally, I've had to open the galaxy map and search through the ruins to find the unexplored beacon, and then go explore that beacon as Bingeling has advised. Sometimes with the AI Improvement Mod the other AI will explore the new Beacon and trigger the Shakturi (probably since the AI has a much higher focus on exploration and the number of explorers).

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Pesky non-spawning Shakturi - 10/28/2015 6:26:28 PM   
jacozilla

Oh ol, so no prompt to explore beacon, just at some point the beacon shows up and you have to find it. How do you avoid needlessly scanning the entire galaxy, even with using the filters? Do you just wait till you sort of expect the beacon ought to have spawned, and then filter hunt for it? E.g. Wait till you assume galaxy is tech advance enough

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 4
RE: Pesky non-spawning Shakturi - 10/29/2015 2:49:50 PM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: jacozilla
Do you just wait till you sort of expect the beacon ought to have spawned, and then filter hunt for it? E.g. Wait till you assume galaxy is tech advance enough

Yep, there is rough time in my games where they consistently show up, which helps avoid excessively hunting via the galaxy map for the beacon. On expensive research and with large maps it's typically 2160-2170. But despite all the speculation and past posts floating around, I'm still not entirely sure what the actual triggers are.

The problem I had wasn't triggering the Shakturi ... it was that they show up far too late, way after the game was over. However, with the AI Mod the chances are higher that the Shakturi will show up before I'm really ready for them, which makes them much more fun.

(in reply to jacozilla)
Post #: 5
RE: Pesky non-spawning Shakturi - 10/29/2015 7:11:28 PM   
jacozilla

Complete segueway to your AI mod but since you mentioned it - was saving that till i had worked up through standard difficulty settings. Right now am overcoming one step down from the highest, extreme.

But inevitably I will get past that, quick question - I use and have become used to DW Extended (which comes with the pre-packaged das blue chrome icon pack flavor - the version I use).

Saw on mod page your AI mod has a prepackaged version with Extended mod also included. But does it include the das icon as that Extended does? E.g. Does your included Extended version in AI package include the naked Extended version or the Extended+das icon version?

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 6
RE: Pesky non-spawning Shakturi - 10/30/2015 11:43:13 AM   
Icemania

It uses Haree's recommended download with Das UI but you can always overlay with whatever you want (which is pretty common around these parts).

Hope you find the Shakturi and have some fun ... !

(in reply to jacozilla)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Pesky non-spawning Shakturi Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI