Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. - 10/30/2015 2:18:40 AM   
Rifleman

Hi all,

today i made the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 but after the upgrade when i try to play
the Campaign Series the «Hot Hex», i.e. the hex in which we are «placed» to give orders to the
units which are in it, has become terribly slow, sometimes i must wait one minute or more to get
the appropriate information from what is in the hex and this, with several dozens of units to
give orders and move them, makes the game completely unplayable...
It's like a «time lag», instead of having the immediate information from what is in the hex and
being able to give the instructions right away, like i always did, i'm forced to wait each time i
go to a different hex... I'm playing the game in Windows XP Service Pack 3 mode, i don't know
what else i can do, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

< Message edited by Rifleman -- 10/30/2015 4:09:11 AM >

Eia, Safari! - Afrikakorps Warcry
Post #: 1
RE: Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. - 10/30/2015 4:10:15 AM   
berto

Why would you play the game in Windows XP Service Pack 3 mode? Have you tried toggling that off?

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Rifleman)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. - 10/30/2015 10:44:33 AM   
Rifleman

Hi Berto, yes, right now i'm trying to play it without any mode of former Windows versions, and the problem is still there...

< Message edited by Rifleman -- 10/30/2015 11:45:07 AM >

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. - 10/30/2015 4:34:31 PM   
berto

I don't run Windows 10, but at least one other Dev Team member does. I will let him offer his advice.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Rifleman)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. - 10/30/2015 5:10:48 PM   
Rifleman

Hi Berto, thanks for your kind help but i've solved this reverting to Windows 8.1, the game is now working fine, as usual; THIS game was the only thing that HAD to work for me, i've played these games, West Front, East Front and Rising Sun, since the days of Talonsoft and i wasn't going to lose the chance of play them again due to a system upgrade, these games are my favorite games of all time, so...
It's not the perfect solution but it's a solution, hey, i'm happy with that.
All the best.

< Message edited by Rifleman -- 10/30/2015 6:12:02 PM >

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. - 10/30/2015 5:38:35 PM   
Crossroads

Hello Rifleman, good to hear you got the game working again. I upgraded to W10 a couple of months ago with no issues, but I've understood Your Mileage May Vary as how it eventually goes.

FWIW I had JTCS already installed on my 8.1, and it continued to work as-is. Since that I've installed CS:ME with no issues either.

Are you using a laptop or a desktop, and how old is your system?

(in reply to Rifleman)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. - 10/30/2015 8:07:31 PM   
Rifleman

Hi Crossroads, thanks for the reply, i had Windows 8 in my laptop, i upgraded to 8.1, and had no problems whatsoever with the game, it was only yesterday when i upgraded to Windows 10 that the aforementioned problems appeared...
The Laptop is a HP Pavillion Sleekbook 15-b 102sp with a Intel Core i5-3337U at 1.8 GHz, NVidia Geforce 630M, it has only two years, at most...
At the moment i will let it stay as it is, better to have my favorite game in conditions than to not have it at all, and all the rest seems to be working nicely, so long live Windows 8.1, as long as it supports the Campaign Series!

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. - 10/30/2015 8:36:33 PM   
Warhorse

This is exactly why I don't upgrade to Win10...

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Rifleman)
Post #: 8
RE: Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. - 10/30/2015 10:03:08 PM   
MrRoadrunner

I upgraded to Win10 and have no issues. Sorry you are experiencing that problem.

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 9
RE: Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. - 10/31/2015 11:43:31 AM   
Crossroads

I don't know, I have a hunch that laptops as more complex computers with their drivers and all tweaked to work on extended battery life etc seems to have more issues when upgrading to W10 than desktops. That's my most unofficial observation from my friends who've done the leap too.

Good thing the game continues to work with your W8.1.

As an option, should you go to W10 again. Perhaps uninstall JTCS while still at W8.1, then upgrade to W10. Then install JTCS from scratch. Just a theory though.

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 10/31/2015 12:44:02 PM >

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Problem after installing Windows 10 - Please, help. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI