Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bombard = Diabolical = Convenient

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Bombard = Diabolical = Convenient Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bombard = Diabolical = Convenient - 10/30/2015 4:36:31 AM   
jacozilla

So previously I held back using bombard to take out AI empires, even when I planned on exterminating them via complete takeover anyways, not so much because of the diplo hit - I'm with machiavelli re: better to be feared than loved vs 4x AI - but because of the nuclear dmg to planet quality rating.

So I laboriously used troops to take out/over AI planets, then I noticed that even using extermination level bombardment, the planets recover pretty fast. Even without building a terraform facility, a typical planet say ~80% with AI race that gets taken down to like 50-60% after you exterminate them, will recover in what seems to be barely a few years.

I guess the half life of radioactive fallout in future tech is really, really short.

Anyway, my 2 cents and tip for anyone that was like me avoiding bombardment due to lowering planet quality is go for it, the planets rebound really quick even without terraform facility, and lot quicker with it. Although tbh given how fast it rebounds to the normal max before you bombarded, I don't really think even the terraform facility is needed or worth it less you are swimming in cash anyways.

So now except for a few high pop worlds I plan on taking over and keep the inhabitants alive as workforce to build a spaceport hub, it's a lot easier to take out AI empires by bombarding most planets, exterminate them as competition, and then just settle the planets you want with colony ships. It does lose out a bit on the population gain but honestly the time saved seems worth it vs one by one taking out with invasion troops.
Post #: 1
RE: Bombard = Diabolical = Convenient - 10/30/2015 11:39:33 AM   
Cruis.In

Or make them your subjugated subjects :)

(in reply to jacozilla)
Post #: 2
RE: Bombard = Diabolical = Convenient - 10/30/2015 4:44:35 PM   
ASHBERY76

I wish both reputation and quality repair was moddable.Both are laughably fast.

(in reply to Cruis.In)
Post #: 3
RE: Bombard = Diabolical = Convenient - 10/30/2015 6:13:35 PM   
jacozilla

With caveat my sample size isnt that large given not much play with disasters enabled before, but planet quality due to disaster seems to rebound lot more slowly than from bombardment. Disaster dmg seems worth it to build terraform facility vs bombard it seems quick enough with or without facility help.

Rep wise, I've never seen mine recover - once i hit diabolical, i stay there through rest of game. Although i guess my continuing harrassment of AI doesnt help. But its their fault really. They build a mine in my territory, that's just asking for nukes.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Bombard = Diabolical = Convenient Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI