Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[PROBLEM SOLVED] Received DVD but it won't open or play.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [PROBLEM SOLVED] Received DVD but it won't open or play. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[PROBLEM SOLVED] Received DVD but it won't open or play. - 11/3/2015 7:21:49 PM   
SimonDC

Hi, Just tried to install the NI dvd. Nothing happens when I insert it in the DVD drive. I tried going to the DVD drive and opening up the file and clicking on the v.109 file but nothing happens. Sometimes a window opens and asks if I want to run the dvd, when I double click nothing happens.

I'm using Windows 7 Home edition. Regular Command loaded fine, never had an issue with the DVD drive before.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Simon

< Message edited by emsoy -- 1/12/2016 6:01:45 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Received DVD but it won't open or play. - 11/3/2015 11:01:55 PM   
VPaulus

Try copying the v.109 file to your hardrive and run it from there.
Also check if any of your Internet security programs (like anti-virus) isn't interfering with the game installation.

(in reply to SimonDC)
Post #: 2
RE: Received DVD but it won't open or play. - 11/4/2015 7:51:04 PM   
SimonDC

Hi, That didn't work and I didn't see anything wrong in Norton.

Simon

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 3
RE: Received DVD but it won't open or play. - 11/4/2015 8:07:09 PM   
zakblood

go into safe mode and place dvd into drive, just copy data 1.09 file off the dvd and place in a folder on your desktop, then re boot back into windows

Do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter. For more information about options, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).

Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.

(in reply to SimonDC)
Post #: 4
RE: Received DVD but it won't open or play. - 11/5/2015 12:08:38 AM   
mikmykWS

When you pop it in does it sound like its spinning?

Lots of AV software will want to scan the disk before it will read an executable. Have you given it some time to do that?

Do you have another computer you can pop the disk into just to see if the disk works. This will establish whether its truly a bad disk or something up the computer.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Received DVD but it won't open or play. - 11/5/2015 6:28:51 PM   
SimonDC

Hi mikmyk, It doesn't spin. There is a couple of seconds of action but then it stops. I did pop in a dvd movie and it played. I'm afraid I don't have another computer. Any chance of another dvd? This is the first time a product from Matrix has done this, or any other game for that matter.

Thanks for your patience,
Simon

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 6
RE: Received DVD but it won't open or play. - 11/5/2015 11:16:58 PM   
mikmykWS

Sorry about that Simon.

Try logging a ticket with matrix to see if they can send another and possibility get you a link to download the executable in the meantime.

Please feel free to pm me if you don't hear from them in a couple of days. I'll follow up.

Mike

(in reply to SimonDC)
Post #: 7
RE: Received DVD but it won't open or play. - 11/6/2015 10:29:44 PM   
VilleYrjola

I don't know if this will do you any good, but with Matrix games for some reason getting the DVDs run seems to take forever. In my personal experience it can take up to five minutes for the DVD to "open" or even present a window asking me if I want to run it. This has gotten worried couple of times. It seems to have something to do with OS versions Windows 7 and up.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 8
RE: Received DVD but it won't open or play. - 11/7/2015 7:30:41 AM   
Chris21wen

In you virus scanner set it to ignore/not scan the CD drive, usual D. 

(in reply to VilleYrjola)
Post #: 9
RE: Received DVD but it won't open or play. - 11/7/2015 5:06:04 PM   
SimonDC

Hi Mykmyk, Thanks for all your help. This may be academic now since I was at last able to get the download. So the game is installed. I do have one question regarding the size of the download, could it have broken into smaller downloads? It took about 10+ hours.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [PROBLEM SOLVED] Received DVD but it won't open or play. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI