Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 7/13/2015 4:16:39 PM   
ehsumrell1

Hello Mandor;

Unfortunately, the scenario map is locked and not selectable for play as just a
galaxy map in STPE Version 2.0. Due to an update that occurred, certain changes
caused some loading issues.

Although I am a bit behind schedule (business, family vacations, grandkids, etc.)
STPE Version 2.5 is currently in progress and will have a new map that will be selectable.

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 7/13/2015 6:59:04 PM >

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Mandor)
Post #: 301
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 7/13/2015 8:11:08 PM   
Mandor

Oh grate!

I will wait. ;)

Thank you very much for the answer and for the great work! :)

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 302
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 8/14/2015 9:42:27 PM   
Chipix

Download link doesn't work.
----------
never mind it works now...

< Message edited by Chipix -- 8/14/2015 10:45:58 PM >

(in reply to Mandor)
Post #: 303
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 8/21/2015 11:11:52 AM   
Maponus

Permission to use parts of this mod for my "Sci-Fi Crossover mod?" (I already have, but I am asking permission about uploading.)

(in reply to Hunter20nov)
Post #: 304
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 8/21/2015 8:32:37 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maponus

Permission to use parts of this mod for my "Sci-Fi Crossover mod?" (I already have, but I am asking permission about uploading.)

Please PM me on this Maponus and give me more detail. Just want to make certain the parts you plan
to use doesn't cause any problems with any use agreements we have. Thanks!

(in reply to Maponus)
Post #: 305
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 8/22/2015 9:11:49 AM   
AndysonofBob

Hi

Just bought DW:U

Is this mod current? Will it would with the most recent patch?

Thanks!

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 306
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 8/22/2015 11:04:43 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndysonofBob

Hi

Just bought DW:U

Is this mod current? Will it would with the most recent patch?

Thanks!

Yes and yes.

(in reply to AndysonofBob)
Post #: 307
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 8/23/2015 8:11:08 PM   
AndysonofBob

Awesomeness!

Presumably for your mods default mod, I just click start and then pick a race; I don't click in the higher custom like button yah?
Any race you the are particularly proud of you might want to recommend?

Thanks!

ps
What features are going to be added to 2.5?

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 308
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 8/25/2015 12:30:11 AM   
kismet28

EDIT : The link it working now. Time to make some tactical cubes!

When I try the main download link...

MediaFire
Permission Denied.
"Destruct Mode / Picard Is Back" by Jerry Goldsmith, Ron Jones may be available for download from Amazon.

Any ideas why? Mirrors?

Loved the first version of this mod and cant wait to try the update. Thanks for the hard work.

< Message edited by kismet28 -- 8/25/2015 1:36:12 AM >

(in reply to AndysonofBob)
Post #: 309
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 9/3/2015 4:15:54 PM   
crispy01

Hi,

I loved the 1.0v of this mod, and I am excited to try this version out. I keep running into the "could not load image_16" error, and nothing seems to fix it.

I have got version 1.9.5.10, and I have reinstalled the mod and game multiple times, and overwritten the mod race image files as directed with the ones supplied, but nothing changes. It keeps crashing at image_16.

Any advice would be appreciated.

(in reply to kismet28)
Post #: 310
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 9/3/2015 10:21:54 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy01

Hi,

I loved the 1.0v of this mod, and I am excited to try this version out. I keep running into the "could not load image_16" error, and nothing seems to fix it.

I have got version 1.9.5.10, and I have reinstalled the mod and game multiple times, and overwritten the mod race image files as directed with the ones supplied, but nothing changes. It keeps crashing at image_16.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello Chris, sorry you're having difficulty. For some reason, this problem appeared a few times after release. I suspect you may have a corrupted image file.

Here is a link to the zipfile that contains the complete STPE Ver 2.0 mod races folder and usually solves the problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/00ai8r6r77h5hl3/races.zip

Please download and replace your image\units\races folder files with the files
in the zipped file. Then start the game and change back to the default DW theme.
Make certain that you've removed the Version 1.0 of this mod completely first so that there
are no conflicts in the Customization folder between versions.

Then change again back to the Picard Era version 2.0 and see if you can start the
game without the error. Let me know your results via PM. Hope this solves your issue.

(in reply to crispy01)
Post #: 311
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 9/22/2015 10:51:19 AM   
hewwo

Hello! So I finally got around to playing a 2.0 game. Obviously its great and I love the amount of care put into everything. One small comment: this was discussed before I think, but I would have preferred the mod to be modded even more (i.e. replace all the original DW research techs, or at least rename them into something star trek like). There were some arguments against doing this... so perhaps a modmod is an option? I would have done it myself, but I hardly have the time to play the game, let alone mod it :(

Cheers!
Benji

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 312
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/4/2015 10:22:31 AM   
patapata

Hi ehsumrell1! Mind if I ask, is there any progress with the mod on the horizon? Is the new version to be released or is the game already forgotten? Busy in RL I guess? Good luck! Ciao!

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 313
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/4/2015 5:16:27 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: patapata

Hi ehsumrell1! Mind if I ask, is there any progress with the mod on the horizon? Is the new version to be released or is the game already forgotten? Busy in RL I guess? Good luck! Ciao!

Hello patapata;

I am just getting back to the finishing touches on the last update to Version 2.5 of
the Picard Era. Had a few deaths in the family which completely threw me off track.
However, the other Trek Team members are also close to finalizing our Kirk Era mod
for DW.

I'm going to do my best to get these 2 projects finished before long. Soon I'm sure
I'll get the notice from Elliot or Erik that it's time to go to work on the DW2 alpha
development build. Keep checking back soon, and thanks for the continued interest!

(in reply to patapata)
Post #: 314
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/5/2015 2:44:11 AM   
martyran

ehsumrell1 sorry for your losses its a terrible thing to loose 1 family member but few i could not imagine

thanks for the information what aspect pf the Picard Era were you changing or tweaking ?
I have played trough quite a few times now and find it quite enjoyable
this was good work from you guys very polished

i look forward to the Kirk Era

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 315
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/5/2015 12:21:40 PM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
Had a few deaths in the family which completely threw me off track.

I'm really sorry to hear that and wish you and your family well.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 316
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/5/2015 4:41:25 PM   
patapata

Ugh, sorry to hear that! I know too well how something like that throws your life upside down. One only has to wait until the pain is bearable, it is never gone completely. Please accept my condolences. I am very glad that the 2.5 version will be out. I will defintely need something to swap to, alternating between fallout4 and DW:U... :-)

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 317
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/5/2015 6:30:38 PM   
ehsumrell1

@martyran
@Icemania
@patapata

Thanks for the very kind words! Real life throws monkey wrenches into plans often, but usually one
can overcome it and prevail, as I will.

On a good note though, during these times I also became a Great-Grandfather! So life goes full circle!

Now back to working on my projects!

"Trek Team"

(in reply to patapata)
Post #: 318
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/19/2015 7:01:51 PM   
maxo

Firstly I want to thank all concerned for all their effort into this mod.

There's one problem with this mod. It doesn't work.

Ok so I like playing a custom game so that I can place all the factions where I want them to be, I have no interest in playing the scenario as the map is too small for my tastes. So I selected the largest map (15 x 15) I think, and the largest amount of systems (1400). I played as the federation on hard, my tech level is at pre-warp and my expansion level is 'starting'. I selected 16 different factions and placed their starting positions myself then set their tech and expansion levels the same as mine. I then deselected the return to shakturi events off but I kept the shadows event on? Is that wrong? Anyways I start the game and everythings going fine. I played for 20 hours and built up an empire of around 30 systems. Then I started meeting otherfactions. To my dissappointmnt none of them have expanded at all. Every single faction still has one colony after 20 hours of play! Not a single one have expanded even one planet. Discouraged I started a new custom game with the exact same setting, factions etc. but this time playing as the dominion. Played about 15 hours and expanded to many systems, went into the editor and looked at the other factions and again, none of them have expanded beyond their original planet. Poor show, Is there a reason why the ai doesn't expand beyond their starting planet? Or am I missing something? The only thing I can think of is that im supposed to turn off the shadows story events in the final setup screen but it wasn't stated that this was necessary only the return to shakturi events needed to be deselected. Please help.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 319
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/19/2015 10:21:26 PM   
patapata

Hi maxo! I believe your problem most definitely lies within the game setup. I think I have started the most games of all people on planet earth (the real one) and I never had the problem with other factions not expanding. I can only advise you as to the initial setup I prefer, as this is somewhat specific to one's preferences. Anyhow, mine only includes "disasters and other events" and "race specific events" on. Everything else is off. Victory conditions off, research is expensive (I like to have to earn my techs). But that is what I like. You should also pay special attention to "enforce colonization range limits" and set this in a way you feel comfortable with. Again, I prefer 1,0 sectors (which may seem a bit like torture), but you may feel ok with slightly more like 1,50 sectors. It all comes down to what do you want your game to look like. If you wanna go for stretched out, vast empires (and all the pesky stuff that comes with it), aim for 2 sectors or more. Alas, your problem seems a little puzzling to me as you can expand normally but your opponents are sleeping. I play on hard myself as well and I never had any problem like this. Happy troubleshooting!

EDIT: I can assure you that this mod DOES work and the game is absolutely amazing with it. I would never go back to vanilla ever. I love to role play in-game and I don't even use the population cheat where you set the taxes low early to get max population growth. Live long and prosper!

< Message edited by patapata -- 11/19/2015 11:34:50 PM >

Kidnapper: "God and heaven help us..."
The doctor: "Divine intervention is... unlikely."

(in reply to maxo)
Post #: 320
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/19/2015 10:46:04 PM   
ehsumrell1

Hello maxo;

Thanks for your kind compliment!

Sorry to hear about your issue. This is the first time I've ever heard of this problem. From
what it seems though, you most probably have a corrupted install or update. For as far as the
Picard Era mods are concerned, both during testing, and until this day, I've many times had
my head handed to me by quite a few factions, especially the Borg.

My current suggestion is this, reinstall your Distant Worlds Universe game, update to the
latest Universe version 1.9.5.12, then start a new custom game as you described and let me
know what happens. The mod works as long as the game works. Unless you set the global
colonization slider to zero, the other races should colonize. I do note that you said you
set the expansion level to starting. If you set the tech to Prewarp then the expansion level
needs to be Prewarp as well so that the Warp Bubble Generator can be researched and built by
the AI so they can leave their system. As I dwell on it, this is most likely the reason the
AI doesn't expand. Post back if you can't decipher the issue.

(in reply to maxo)
Post #: 321
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/20/2015 12:01:01 AM   
Twigster

ehsumrell1!

Sorry I am so behind the times on this-I was unaware- but my condolences also and I hope things are getting on as well as they can.

Regards,

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 322
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/20/2015 1:29:44 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twigster

ehsumrell1!

Sorry I am so behind the times on this-I was unaware- but my condolences also and I hope things are getting on as well as they can.

Regards,

Thanks Twigster, your words are greatly appreciated. Real life occurrences have set my
time scheduled back by quite a bit, but I'm striving on. Again, thanks!

(in reply to Twigster)
Post #: 323
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/26/2015 2:30:16 PM   
MikePN

Thank you ehsumrell for the proper link, there are some 'deadzones' in this matrix.

Very interesting mod and reads on where you pointed me to, thanks much.

I appreciate the work you and the team put in making this mod.

I have one last thing to say, honestly. This is that, The Star Trek team mods are modgods!

Without your mod, offered free, nothing even comes close to realistic Trek experience.

Have a happy thanksgiving to all those in lands and with a mindset to observe it.

EDIT: Somehow, despite being newb, I got my hands on the older version with 22 races, the Nausicaans make the newer one a must have, Defaulted my theme, and going now to download this version. I hope all goes smooth!

REEDIT: Went smooth, playing Federation on a random map. My explorers found a Cardassian Colony ship adrift, and we saved the Cardy's in stasis. Seems we'll be a Federation Cardassian Alliance people.
Pretty cool, got plebs for my desert worlds at least now..without the techs. We found and are moving back into Sol.

One dumb crew released the crystalline entity, then Benjamin Sisko rose up to lead the fleet against it.

< Message edited by MikePN -- 11/27/2015 12:28:03 AM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 324
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/26/2015 11:53:13 PM   
ehsumrell1

Again, thanks for the kind words and compliments on our work MikePN. I'm
also glad you read and understand our position and reasoning of how and why
we developed the Picard Era mods the way we did.

I'm assured that you will appreciate the additional races in Version 2.0 and
the subtle changes and additions from Version 1.0. Have a ball!

I'm trying to make time to complete both Version 2.5 of the Picard Era mod and
finalize the work the Trek Team has done on the Kirk Era before we have to switch
over to full bore work on DW2 near years end. If things go well, those will be
enjoyable works as well!

(in reply to MikePN)
Post #: 325
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/27/2015 6:04:42 AM   
MikePN

DW2? Clearly I don't follow the latest and greatest in gaming, but I might stick with DW1 until all the initial bugs of 2 are remedied, most games release with some of those still in then fix them with updates. Keep us notified on your stellar work!

P.S. I could copy and paste a new mod of your mod in my files to strike out my hand at modding my personal game, yes? I would not post any thing I develop from it. Though who knows, maybe I'll just manage to make my dream mod, and if not your mod remains untouched and in tact. (Even though it won't be posted online anywhere, I do wish to seek your permission before even trying to mod the mod to something more my flare.)

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 326
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 11/27/2015 9:43:41 PM   
ehsumrell1

Of course MikePN, you can do as you wish with the mod on your personal end. Be fully
aware though that due to the intricate interactions of the different files that you
may get corruption errors if you don't decipher and understand the data flow. Our
permissions of use and author credits given us apply only to the mod(s) we originally
published that were derived from these Matrix Forums.

As far as DW2, I'm certain that Elliot's new creation will be built with a new engine
and all of the previous additions, issues and concerns from DW1 will be addressed. So
don't be concerned. Elliot has a competent test team at his disposal that he will use
to the fullest. I'm anxious to see what he has drafted!

(in reply to MikePN)
Post #: 327
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 12/8/2015 3:21:44 AM   
MikePN

The mods so great, and I so lack skills I went with merely bringing some of the extra ships to fam0 and moved extra fam0 ships back into extras folder. Took care to rename accordingly, and Intrepid Class destroyers aside the Galaxies and Sovereigns look .. well intrepid. Though they do perform rather weak(par on course for a destroyer). Hmm, pretty unique to have vector scouts as well. With the increased threat of the Borg and Dominion turning our needs to war, Starfleet has reequipped all shuttles with intent for bombing missions..

One question has come up though. It seems, the Federation entirely overlooks the Troop Transports in the game, a very viable and VITAL part of DW gameplay. It seems, the AI will upgrade appropriately, but I have to manually create that first 'prototype'. EVERY GAME. A few of the earlier start ups, they did that with Carriers and Resupply as well, but lately the AIs entirely handled both of those. In fact, since I changed the ship images around a bit, the AI's even acted better.

I would love to see what the AI would build on its first TTrans to see if my build idea on it matches up.. no-lt wpns, high counts of armor and shields, and, mainly, how many transport modules and accordingly so, life support and hab to support them all.

I may move galaxy into a resupply ship role or passenger xport (still highly armed mind you, a cruiser resupply or passenger ship), bump up intrepid and bring the excelsior design back into destroyer.. -shrug- Would dread to see anyone attack either of those thinking its easy prey, the resupply seems it would get more use. Would be nice to give the private sector some firepower to use though. :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Private Convoy: "Strike Force Three, we're moving this valuable cargo, but we see you're in quite the dogfight there. We're going to flank your opposition and waylay them!"

Strike Force Three: "With what? Suicide crashing of ships?"

Private Convoy: "No, you'll see, and so would they!"

Strike Force Three: "Okay? Umm, we'll draw their fire and seek to give you adequate cover."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 328
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 12/10/2015 7:42:11 PM   
ehsumrell1

Hello MikePN;
Just FYI, I decided to leave out the Troop Transport design values for the Federation for
a couple of reasons. First, a majority of players we felt would initially be playing as
Humans/Federation. Thus, since the games logic considers any 'armed' ship as a combat vessel
during an invasion, any planetary defenses (i.e. Ion Cannon) and orbiting starbases or
defense bases will fire upon it. In our mods the Klingons, Borg, and a few other races, have
armed troop transports, which of course affects the strength and balance of those races in our mods. We've left the choice up to the play whether to arm or not by forcing the player
to create their own design accordingly.

(in reply to MikePN)
Post #: 329
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 12/11/2015 3:54:46 AM   
MikePN

Ahh, that's why every game I must design the "prototype" troop transport.

Of all the reasons someone could explain, tis the best.

In cannon, Feds use more science and exploration as it is lol (though as said, im not after total canon here either)

Not all that known for their soldiers like the Klingons, Dominion, Remans, Cardies, Hirogen and the others.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of Hirogen, I got them down to one planet easy enough, but they just decimated a almost 2 to 1 troop advantage invasion in my favor.

Time to bring 5 transports to the existing blockade, need more than 2!

Not sure but I think that they're on a cycle that ramps up their aggression right now. xD This will be fun!

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI