Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WE ARE GOING GOLD! SPWAW & MEGA CAMPAIGN DONE!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> WE ARE GOING GOLD! SPWAW & MEGA CAMPAIGN DONE! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WE ARE GOING GOLD! SPWAW & MEGA CAMPAIGN DONE! - 4/22/2001 12:50:00 AM   
David Heath

Ok Guys Its DONE! YES its true. :eek: We are now making a master CD and having them go to the production. It will still be a little while before its shipping or posted to the site but we have finished working on the game. I want to take the time thank the over and above effort of the entire playtest and developments teams. We know some of you have had problems with our storefront. This is be correct in a major way by us changing services. On Monday when we make the Official annoucement we will be taking the game off its pre-order price of $20.00 and setting it at its regular price of $25.00. If you are having a problem ordering online you can print out a order form and mail in your order. Once Monday comes it will be at the regular price. If you already pre-ordered you will be charge the pre-ordered price. Remember that we will be handling the pre-orders first then doing the online versions. I also want to thank everyone for your support. The letters and orders have really said a lot to us. :D [ April 21, 2001: Message edited by: David Heath ]

Post #: 1
- 4/22/2001 1:12:00 AM   
Fuerte

Great news... congratulations!

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 4/22/2001 1:12:00 AM   
Warhorse

aaaalriiiight!!! How did you pry Wild Bills fingers from the editor though? :D

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 3
- 4/22/2001 1:25:00 AM   
AlvinS

Great news. I can hardly wait. I'm slapping in the sun screen now. :D

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

Post #: 4
- 4/22/2001 1:29:00 AM   
Don Doom

Great news :D

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

Post #: 5
- 4/22/2001 1:37:00 AM   
McGib

Wow I must be doing something right, the wife just saw David's post and even she cheered! :D :D :D

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 6
- 4/22/2001 2:04:00 AM   
Ryne

There goes my life. Does background radiation from a 21" monitor substitute for sunlight? Anyone know?

The best defense is a good offense...

Post #: 7
- 4/22/2001 2:12:00 AM   
Charles2222

David Heath:
quote:

Once the game starts shipping we will be taking the game off its pre-order price of $20.00 and setting it at its regular price of $25.00.
So I take it that the pre-orderers will not be charged an additional $5, correct? After reading of the $25 charge I was afraid that y'all would then add an additional $5 to the pre-orderer's charges, or else we would have to preorder all over again. So, I am correct to understand that I will not have to re-preorder and that I will not be charged another $5 (I did preorder some time ago)? Thanks.

Post #: 8
- 4/22/2001 2:16:00 AM   
Randy

:) :cool: Thanks for the great news!! Thanks also for all the hard work you guys have been doing. One thing though, why do you always time the releases when I'm about to start studying for midterms/finals? Its a hard choice to make: study or Steel Panthers?? :D Thanks Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 9
- 4/22/2001 2:16:00 AM   
Drex

Sure it does Main Gun. In fact with these rolling blackouts I've been using my monitor for light period!

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Post #: 10
- 4/22/2001 4:03:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Charles Of course you will not be charge the extra $5.00 if you pre-ordered. The main reason someone would even pre-order would be to save money on a product they know thay are going to order. When you pre-order you get the game at a lower price and you get the game ship to you first. Sorry if that is not clear. David

Post #: 11
- 4/22/2001 4:08:00 AM   
ruxius

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MAinGun: There goes my life. Does background radiation from a 21" monitor substitute for sunlight? Anyone know? :) :) :) It's time to consider an LCD plasma monitor...especially with this new great event.. BRAVI boys !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 12
- 4/22/2001 4:17:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello Matrix. Only one word: THANKS!!! :D :D :D

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 13
- 4/22/2001 4:24:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Pre-order price is pre-order price and represents the discount you get by pony'ing up your money early as a show of support. This is a pretty standard industry practice especially for board wargames. Those who have done so, your support is GREATLY appreciated!! We will probably continue this in our other games and give a 15-20% discount to preorders and then after the game ships the price goes up - NOT retroactive to those pre-ordering. So if you want it for $20 bucks you have a few days left, if you want to wait and see what the buzz is after it starts to get around, then you pay the full price. No one who has already ordered will have to re-order or pay anything extra!!

Post #: 14
- 4/22/2001 4:31:00 AM   
Daniel Oskar

Outstanding! I better take the wife out to dinner, it may be awhile before she sees me again.

Post #: 15
- 4/22/2001 4:37:00 AM   
Mikimoto

quote:

Originally posted by Grouch: Outstanding! I better take the wife out to dinner, it may be awhile before she sees me again.
Thanks for the idea, Grouch (I'll take my wife and daugters to dinner tomorrow). Saludos.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 16
- 4/22/2001 6:35:00 AM   
Charles2222

David Heath/Paul Vebber: Thanks for the response guys. I thought that the preorder standard in the industry is as you say, only given the recent information about things getting more expensive, somehow I walked away with the impression that the game price had been raised to $25 from a thread I believe I read last night. Must just be me. Actually I think this is the first time I've preordered software. It makes a lot more sense to preorder, when you realise that there's no way you'll get it at CompUSA.

Post #: 17
- 4/22/2001 6:56:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

It also helps us out because we get a general idea of the demand (initial anyway) and how to scale the initial production run!

Post #: 18
- 4/22/2001 7:29:00 AM   
Figmo

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: It also helps us out because we get a general idea of the demand (initial anyway) and how to scale the initial production run!
WOW!! This IS Great news!! BTW - how is the Preordering going. Is it good, great, or just OK? Is the "initial production run" what you expected? Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

Post #: 19
- 4/22/2001 7:51:00 AM   
Drex

$20 or $25 its still a bargain. How many times have I paid $50 for a game I only played once?

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Post #: 20
- 4/22/2001 8:13:00 AM   
Supervisor

:) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: Happy days are here again. Great job guys, looking forward to giving up the social life. I guess it's time to start booking my therapy sessions again for CTS.

Post #: 21
- 4/22/2001 8:28:00 AM   
BruceAZ

HOT DOG!! I CAN'T WAIT!! Bruce Semper Fi

Post #: 22
- 4/22/2001 9:55:00 AM   
CPT Shoe

Sunglasses, sunscreen, Baby wipes (for sand in the cracks) and I am ready to go!!! Whats the count on ordered CD's to date? How close are we to that magic number? Many, many thanks for making my already miserable social life worse, and making my work routines less productive as I dream of my next moves in the MC. :D :D :D

People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.

Post #: 23
- 4/22/2001 12:27:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

It sure feels very good! Congratulations, all MATRIX Team, on a Job well done. Fab

Post #: 24
- 4/22/2001 1:08:00 PM   
Wild Bill

BOYAH! :D How good it feels!To paraphrase an old song by the group, America, "I've been to the desert on a tank with no name...." Hey Capn' can you spare a couple of those baby wipes. That was the one thing I forgot! :eek: The Desert Nomad Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 25
- 4/22/2001 1:34:00 PM   
lnp4668

Great news. Just wondered if you guys will be mailing the CD to game magazines? That was how I learned about spwaw. Great PR opportunity with new release of v5.0 and once they got hook on it, Mega Campaign can't be far behind. (Take it from a current addict ;) )

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

Post #: 26
- 4/22/2001 1:42:00 PM   
steel

Good job ! How many pre-ordes has taken David ? I order 2 MC to Finland and cost was 100$, how much costs really are ? Lot of questions, but no answers yet :D :D Steeeeeeel

Post #: 27
- 4/22/2001 3:27:00 PM   
Joe

This is great. I'm really looking forward to trying this MC. If, or should I say when, it is good I will buy every new MC. Thank you very much. WB, did you say 13 normal campaings? I don't believe it :D

- Joe

Post #: 28
- 4/22/2001 3:41:00 PM   
Tortfeasor

YES!!!!! Just one little thing Gold SPWAW should be SPWAW Gold. Because SPWAW (the Game)is much more valuable than Gold. [ April 23, 2001: Message edited by: Tortfeasor ]

My opinion might have been changed, but not the fact that I am correct.

Post #: 29
- 4/22/2001 3:51:00 PM   
degen

Awesome! Congratulations to all of you at Matrix. You've worked harded and done a fantastic job of being patient with all of requests. Time to sit back and enjoy a cool one! This is a major milestone in your efforts and let's hope it's the start of something special.

"I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> WE ARE GOING GOLD! SPWAW & MEGA CAMPAIGN DONE! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI