Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/9/2015 8:28:40 PM   
Tinkershuffle

Yeah, great AAR. Are those burning wrecks default graphics of Germany Reforged or a mod?

(in reply to gabeeg)
Post #: 31
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/9/2015 8:51:17 PM   
WildCatNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tinkershuffle
Yeah, great AAR. Are those burning wrecks default graphics of Germany Reforged or a mod?

As of the upcoming 2.0.10 patch, the game will offer two types of on-map kill markers, distinguishing between hard (vehicle / fixed-wing / rotary wing ) and soft (squads / weapon teams) losses.
As always, these graphics can be modded with your own marker graphics.

William

William
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Tinkershuffle)
Post #: 32
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/9/2015 8:55:44 PM   
ivanov

I looks like there's still a possibility, that the Soviets will try their luck in the north. Two pairs of their Mi-24's begun probing our positions and ran into the A/2-67, which is one of our reserve tank companies. Unfortunately the A/2-67 Vulcan AD battery has been moved south to fend off the Su-25 attacks. The 50 cal defensive fire of our Abrams tanks turned out to be ineffective and the company HQ was annihilated by the combination of ATGM and rocket fire. Despite of this success our only Chaparral battery managed to send one of the Hinds to the ground.

Suddenly, exactly at 0804 HRS, a message from the higher HQ has been presented to Col Reynolds:

quote:

-Thanks God - sighed with relief, the tired warrior - I ain't crazy enough to continue the fighting and trying to recapture the lost ground. We'd suffer from the enemy defensive fire as much as he had suffered from ours. I don't want anymore of my boys getting killed senselessly.

There was also another reason why Col Reynolds felt that an enormous burden has been taken off his shoulders. Unbeknownst to his battalion and company commanders, the higher HQ issued a code word Mickey Mouse. I meant that in case of Soviet crossing of the Stielbach river, the 3rd BTC commander was supposed to launch a nuclear strike on the attackers. The consequences of it could be truly grave, since so far the atomic weapons haven't been used in the conflict. As a soldier, Col Reynolds was going to obey the orders. But he felt truly alleviated, that he wouldn't need to execute this one. The US commander quit smoking long time ago, but with all the stress leaving rapidly his body, he felt like he urgently needed a cigarette. One of the staff officers passed him a Lucky Strike. He took of his helmet, took a deep drag and looked at the sun, that could be barely seen through clouds of smoke. It wasn't such a bad day for humanity after all...

The US victory came at a very hight cost:

The 1-26 mechanized battalion of LtCol Raymond "Koz" Kozinsky has been completely annihilated during it's valiant stand on the Chemical Hill. "Koz", spent his youth chasing the men in black pajamas through the jungles of Southeast Asia. Now once again he had to put into use his skills of survival in the extreme conditions. He managed to avoid the capture and despite of being wounded, arrived safely to friendly lines.

The battle between the US 3rd BTC and the Soviet 57 Guards Motorized Riffle Division, was one of many waged during the Ten Day War ( known also as the May Day Offensive ). Some argued that it marked a tipping point, after which the Soviet offensive lost it's momentum. Popular revolutions swept through the eastern block and the hardliners in Moscow were eventually replaced by a democratically elected government, which engaged in disarmament talks with NATO. Col Reynolds remained in active service until 1997. After his retirement, he wrote an autobiography called "War and peace on the Chemical Hill", which become an instant bestseller in twelve countries including USA and Russia.

Lest we forget.

Post #: 33
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/9/2015 10:06:33 PM   
Stimpak

Darn, I was hoping to see a nuke go off.

Kudos to the Americans (Or just Katukov), good job.

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 34
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/9/2015 10:22:45 PM   
ivanov

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stimpak

Honestly me to ;) But given how the battle developed, that would be an overkill, However there are so many strategies and outcomes possible in this scenario. I'm sure that the many games will end up in the nuclear Armageddon. Yeah!

Lest we forget.

(in reply to Stimpak)
Post #: 35
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/10/2015 2:37:26 AM   
x13fox

New registered user here but just wanted to say great AAR that has me interested in this game. It has struck kind of a personal note with me. I was stationed in Germany in the mid 1990's serving as an artillery forward observer with the U.S. Army. We still did force on force training in the cold war style back in those days. My first rotation at CMTC(Combined Maneuver Training Center) Hohenfels, I was observing a fixed obstacle defensive position at a crossroads when the "Russians" attacked with 2 MRBs. I shot in a fascam minefield after they initially breached the fixed obstacle. The fascam stopped the first MRB dead in its tracks. I then had two supporting targets along the road they were jammed up on and fired two Battalion 6's (24 155mm Howitzers firing 6 rounds apiece)of ICM. All said and done there were over 20 plus killed vehicles along the road. So as I read the AAR and saw the fascam "go in" it brought back a few memories of that long cold night over looking that crossroads and how one observer with a radio and binoculars could cause so much destruction. From what I have seen and read this game looks very realistic and a lot of fun. I am glad it appeared on my facebook page and that I decided to take a look. Thanks guys.

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 36
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/10/2015 3:20:48 AM   
budd

Nice AAR, tell me this will be for sale before the thanksgiving day holiday, 4 days off. Since the re-balancing of the Red Storm scenario's wont be done, i'll have to buy and play this one instead. I hope, I hope, ..... Food, football and reforged, now that would be a nice holiday.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to x13fox)
Post #: 37
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/10/2015 10:24:14 AM   
ivanov

quote:

ORIGINAL: x13fox

New registered user here but just wanted to say great AAR that has me interested in this game. It has struck kind of a personal note with me. I was stationed in Germany in the mid 1990's serving as an artillery forward observer with the U.S. Army (...)

Welcome on the forum! I'm glad you liked the AAR. It's always good to hear stories of people like you, who experienced first hand what we practice on the virtual battlefield. You should definitely try the Red Storm/Reforged. IMO it's the best modern war game available on the market right now.

Lest we forget.

(in reply to x13fox)
Post #: 38
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/10/2015 5:19:38 PM   
Tazak

Game over

I sent my Hinds to the north just on the off chance that was lightly defended and managed to get a few kills before Katukov's AD units took one of them out, shortly afterwards his fire reduced my troops to below 30% and the game ended, well I rolled the dice and took my chances. It was a great scenario and Katvkov proved again to be a worthy foe.

I wont dissect my tactics (that what you forums readers are for ), I hope you enjoy reading it as much as Katukov and myself had playing this scenario

Major General Tazak looked at the secure communique in his hand, he could barely believed his eyes, an old friend wanted him back in Moscow to help end this madness before things went nuclear

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tazak -- 11/10/2015 6:20:03 PM >

AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 39
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/10/2015 5:21:53 PM   
Tazak

quote:

ORIGINAL: x13fox

New registered user here but just wanted to say great AAR that has me interested in this game. It has struck kind of a personal note with me. I was stationed in Germany in the mid 1990's serving as an artillery forward observer with the U.S. Army. We still did force on force training in the cold war style back in those days. My first rotation at CMTC(Combined Maneuver Training Center) Hohenfels, I was observing a fixed obstacle defensive position at a crossroads when the "Russians" attacked with 2 MRBs. I shot in a fascam minefield after they initially breached the fixed obstacle. The fascam stopped the first MRB dead in its tracks. I then had two supporting targets along the road they were jammed up on and fired two Battalion 6's (24 155mm Howitzers firing 6 rounds apiece)of ICM. All said and done there were over 20 plus killed vehicles along the road. So as I read the AAR and saw the fascam "go in" it brought back a few memories of that long cold night over looking that crossroads and how one observer with a radio and binoculars could cause so much destruction. From what I have seen and read this game looks very realistic and a lot of fun. I am glad it appeared on my facebook page and that I decided to take a look. Thanks guys.

Yea that FASCAM/ICM taking out 2 of my tank coys really hurt and marked the turning of the tide in this battle I feel

AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

(in reply to x13fox)
Post #: 40
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/10/2015 5:23:39 PM   
Tazak

quote:

ORIGINAL: katukov

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stimpak

Honestly me to ;) But given how the battle developed, that would be an overkill, However there are so many strategies and outcomes possible in this scenario. I'm sure that the many games will end up in the nuclear Armageddon. Yeah!

Now if Katukov hadn't been so efficient with his defence you might have seen one go off

AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 41
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/13/2015 3:52:45 PM   
Enigma6584

Beautiful AAR!

(in reply to Tazak)
Post #: 42
RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) - 11/16/2015 9:26:47 PM   
Mudchook

Excellent AAR on both sides, and well played on both sides as well!

Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> RE: AAR of FPG_A6_Soviet Main Attack Force(alt) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI