Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Scenarios and Modding >> RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 9/6/2015 1:18:24 PM   
Texeiro

AE I can confirm that there's a bug in recon routine. I tested, in original version, and with the editor (even not touching a comma with it) Maybe it is related to that thing I pointed before, about not seeing a target which recon photo date is edited
In original version, bombers do recon their targets after hit them.
In Editor version: bombers do not recon.
I tried from several altitudes, always day raids, no clouds, ED and BTR.
The only thing allied coul see is destroyed aircraft when bombing an AF in daylight raids. Doing more tests to see what happen in nigh bombing raids.
Another thing, not a bug, allied player could see the German production messages as it increases and German player could see the allied production messages too.
I tested doing a hot seat game, and after a few turns, get a CTD.

< Message edited by Texeiro -- 9/6/2015 2:57:04 PM >

(in reply to AlterEgo)
Post #: 181
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 9/7/2015 2:40:15 AM   
AlterEgo

That's odd. Actually I did 2 test runs in ED, my bomber do recon a target while bombing.
Do you use latest version (v0.076), Texeiro?
Also german player can see allied production and vice versa only if playing AI vs. AI, that's WAD (for debugging purposes).

(in reply to Texeiro)
Post #: 182
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 9/7/2015 4:09:56 AM   
Texeiro

Ops...solved installing v0.076, sorry.
Now bombers do recon too.
As a comment, using the editor, I fond very very rare the return to target bug. At least it seems, in fewer occasions than without the editor.
another one; some parameters are not persistent after being modified with the dll. I.E: morale, experience. I changed these in some units, next turn, experience dropped to initial values, pre edition, also number of planes. Aircraft type is persistent, same as leaders.

(in reply to AlterEgo)
Post #: 183
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 9/9/2015 6:21:55 AM   
npsergio

I've played a new turn in my pbem campaign with this updated version. I like the 4 level messages. I like A.LOT the info about production. I didn't knew that I was not producing a single Me262!!
My opponent was able to see the whole replay without a crash.

But... At arround 12:00 a raid returned (returning bug??). It's true that only was the bombers group. The fighters didn't follow this crazy move.

I found useful the editor for the axis side, because it gives you all the messages, the messages about the pilots, and the production for this turn. I know that the editor has a limited use in a pbem game. Has any usefulness (is this word correct) during the allied turn (during a pbem game, I mean)?

Regards!

(in reply to Texeiro)
Post #: 184
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 9/9/2015 7:14:48 AM   
davidjruss

AlterEgo,

I started these Gary Grigsby airwar games with USAAF on an Atari computer and have both the Talonsoft and Matrix versions of these games for the PC since they were introduced. May I thank you for all your efforts to improve and increase the longevity of these excellent wargames. I have downloaded your 0.76 files and the game starts on my win 7 machine. I will now commence a new campaign and look forward to any further improvements which you may find time to introduce.

DavidR

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 185
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 9/18/2015 10:27:50 PM   
JeffroK

I hope that Matrix is giving you a commission, they are charging AUD$91 for this game they wiped their hands of about 5 years ago!!!!!

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to davidjruss)
Post #: 186
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 9/20/2015 3:10:14 PM   
davidjruss

AlterEgo,

If you still intend to modify and improve the game , when time permits would it be possible to investigate the scroll speed of the map. Even at the slowest speed currently available the map can scroll too fast , making it very difficult to centre on a specific part of the map at the maximum zoom in position.
Anyway many thanks or what you have achieved so far.

DavidR

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 187
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 9/22/2015 3:01:03 AM   
simovitch

I wonder if having the source code that Harley was working on would help AE's efforts - or did he find a better way to do what Harley was attempting to do?

Either way, AE deserves to have the code handed over to him IMO.

simovitch

(in reply to davidjruss)
Post #: 188
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 9/22/2015 1:15:28 PM   
Texeiro

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

I wonder if having the source code that Harley was working on would help AE's efforts - or did he find a better way to do what Harley was attempting to do?

Yes he deserves the code, but Harley said the patch could be ready for february 2013, and he doesn´t log in since september, same year, so I would not hope any support in this area.
Anyway, AE work it s a DLL, don t know if works the same way as all the previous job, the advantage could be to know how the game works without having to guess. I don´t know if AE is still working in his editor. As said above, he got the word.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 189
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 9/30/2015 7:16:45 PM   
Mac Linehan

AlterEgo-

This is wonderful news; all of your work is greatly appreciated. I love this game and was very saddened when support stopped.
Thank you for all that you have done, Sir!

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 9/30/2015 8:17:46 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to AlterEgo)
Post #: 190
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 10/1/2015 12:24:57 PM   
simovitch

It appears that the bomber turn-around-return-to-target bug has been squashed, and the replay feature now shows the correct airplane graphic and run for the entire duration of the turn, which is amazing, considering how long we waited for the vaporware patch from Matrix.
The editor-display features are also impressive.

One new bug I noticed (it's in BoB only) is a double window for the top graphic in the "weapons database" that messes up the correct graphic display:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by simovitch -- 10/1/2015 1:26:31 PM >

simovitch

(in reply to Texeiro)
Post #: 191
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 10/21/2015 12:16:12 PM   
MaB1708

Contemplating a purchase for months really. Understood that this sim got some game-breaking or at least game-bending bugs still.
So I was happy that AEs effort brought me closer to put the money on the table.
However we have radio silence here for quite a couple of weeks now, AE, are you still working on improving it?
Thank you for what you have already put in place, though (in case I do the purchase ;-))

Cheers,

Martin

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 192
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 10/23/2015 10:34:51 PM   
simovitch

I've been playing both ED and BTR for several weeks with this fix and I haven't seen the turnaround bug once. Also, the replay feature displays the correct icons, and you can freeze the screen so it doesn't jump around during the action phase. My 3 main complaints were addressed in a matter of weeks.

The interface is still clunky but entirely functional for me. Bottom line is, I'm enjoying this game again. I hope AE chimes in and lets us know what else he has cooking.

< Message edited by simovitch -- 10/23/2015 11:35:11 PM >

simovitch

(in reply to MaB1708)
Post #: 193
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/1/2015 12:07:20 AM   
JeffroK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Texeiro

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

Yes he deserves the code, but Harley said the patch could be ready for february 2013, and he doesn´t log in since september, same year, so I would not hope any support in this area.
Anyway, AE work it s a DLL, don t know if works the same way as all the previous job, the advantage could be to know how the game works without having to guess. I don´t know if AE is still working in his editor. As said above, he got the word.

Another week, no more action.

If Texiero is reading, what is meant by " As said above, he got the word."

In my understanding this means he was told to leave it alone??

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Texeiro)
Post #: 194
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/10/2015 7:29:25 AM   
simcityrefund

Installed win 10 and the game plus the 1.02 pacth downloaded the .76 but it dosent open when i click the launcher only the mouse queue going in circles

@.@ help?!?

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 195
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/10/2015 3:33:03 PM   
quertice

thank you Alterego, I really like your patch

(in reply to simcityrefund)
Post #: 196
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/11/2015 7:10:39 PM   
simcityrefund

anyone with win10 managed to get this to work i need help ive installed the redistributable but it dosent work as well as the dotnet.40 ive installed that and its not working

(in reply to quertice)
Post #: 197
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/11/2015 7:31:26 PM   
Tejszd

Thanks for looking at this AE!

It's a shame Matrix isn't supporting the game or announced an upgraded version for sale for Win10.... I do not see how they can still be selling something that is broken and at $50 US????

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 11/11/2015 8:34:23 PM >

Post #: 198
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/11/2015 8:34:18 PM   
simcityrefund

i just cant get it to work :( the /69 version worked for me I dont know what else to do anyone who is playing on win 10 could help me work this thing

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 199
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/11/2015 9:45:50 PM   
simovitch

I don't have W10 but I had a similar problem where it suddenly wouldn't load.
So, try running a full turn with stock btr.exe. Then exit and try running the patch. That worked for me for some unknown reason.

Also try re-downloading or repairing the dot.net and C++ files. You may also have an anti-virus now with W10 that doesn't like what you are trying to do with the dll file.
Hope this helps

simovitch

Post #: 200
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/12/2015 2:10:31 AM   
simcityrefund

i have instaled almost all of the redrisbutable 10/11/12/13/15 except 2014 LOL and my pc say it already has the 4.5 dot net. How do I edit windows antivirus im using AVAST actualy but I did havent touch anything windows...

The old dll .69 i think was the last one that worked for me I just went here last few days to see if thers an update this .76 is really hard to open on win 10 @.@

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 201
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/12/2015 12:23:05 PM   
simovitch

try this:

Run "Autorun.exe" so the EDBTR/Matrix startup menu appears on your screen (as you see below). Keep this running in the background.

Then run the launcher for the patch.

Attachment (1)

simovitch

Post #: 202
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/14/2015 1:58:14 AM   
simcityrefund

that didnt work but somehow if I turned off avast it works but now im worried about virus

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 203
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/14/2015 11:31:46 PM   
planetbrain

FWIW I have no trouble running stock or 076 version in Win 10 64 bit with NVidia graphics & Avast running.

'Mostly harmless'

Post #: 204
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/27/2015 11:58:54 PM   
Mac Linehan

oops- a double post...

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 11/28/2015 1:02:21 AM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to planetbrain)
Post #: 205
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/28/2015 12:01:38 AM   
Mac Linehan

Alter Ego

Did a fresh game install, patched to 1.02 and then your Mod. I have Windows 7 on an i7 multicore computer; your Mod works just fine.

I, and all here, are so very grateful for you dedication and work.

Thank You again, Sir!

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to planetbrain)
Post #: 206
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/29/2015 1:48:00 AM   
solops

How about a comprehensive post that lists all of the required downloads, links and installation instructions for this mod? So far, I found the link for the dll v76

https://cloud.gmx.net/ngcloud/external?locale=de&guestToken=MYT6n0NLQ1aqzZvLsqK8Qw&loginName=Toffinsky@gmx.de#_

But some of the posts suggest other programs as being necessary, depending on system configuration. It is all kind of confusing. It looks like most of the data is in a readme in the download, but maybe it should be listed here?

< Message edited by solops -- 11/29/2015 2:50:44 AM >

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 207
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/29/2015 4:29:35 AM   
cohimbra

quote:

ORIGINAL: solops

How about a comprehensive post that lists all of the required downloads, links and installation instructions for this mod?

But some of the posts suggest other programs as being necessary, depending on system configuration. It is all kind of confusing. It looks like most of the data is in a readme in the download, but maybe it should be listed here?

Well, here is the info that I have about it.

Needed programs to run the AEEditor 1.02.076_SE (with old WinXP):

- Microsoft .NET Framework 4;
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008;
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010;
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012;
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013;
- Microsoft Service Pack 3 for WinXP.

Patch 1.02.076_SE Readme.txt is in the attached file, you can read or download it.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by cohimbra -- 11/29/2015 5:35:09 AM >

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 208
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 11/29/2015 3:03:55 PM   
solops

This begs the question of Win7 compatibility...?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 209
RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) - 12/2/2015 5:23:15 PM   
cohimbra

quote:

ORIGINAL: solops

This begs the question of Win7 compatibility...?

Well...no.
Alter Ego made editor with Win 7(?)/10(?)...I don't remember, sorry, but the above list of required programs are suggested to me because with my WinXP the editor .exe doesn't work. If you have Win 7 or something like this try to read the editor .txt in my post#208.

< Message edited by cohimbra -- 12/2/2015 6:24:16 PM >

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Scenarios and Modding >> RE: [W.I.P] New Life for EDBTR :) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI