Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another newbie questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Another newbie questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another newbie questions - 11/12/2015 8:26:25 AM   
Von Weber

Hi everyone!
1.Replacements. How can I check replacements pool? What way may I affect at the replacements redistribution among the units if it is possible?
2.Major and minor ferry capabilities. If one unit has some of them still staying in the hex, it will provide major ferry support to any unit trying to cross ex. major river in this hex,even if none of those units have these capabilities at all? Is it true?
3.Is there any limitatitions in building fortifications in different terrains(ex. marshes)?
Or is there any time-limitations in buildung fortifications/entrenching in different weather conditions mud/snow or in mountains( where you have to grind the hard rocks e.t.s.)
4. Theatre options are available in some scenarios, how to choose them I played some WWI scenarios but never found button to turn them on?

< Message edited by Von Weber -- 11/12/2015 9:30:02 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Another newbie questions - 11/12/2015 10:21:27 AM   
sPzAbt653

1. Inventory & Replacements button - its the third one in the bottom row of buttons on the right side of the screen. You cannot affect distribution.

2. Major Ferry capability is required, check your units Special Abilities. A Major Ferry capable unit can pass all other units over the river.

3. No limitations on building, although some scenarios use different rates. This can usually be seen in the scenario briefing.

4. Theater Options are found here :

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Von Weber)
Post #: 2
RE: Another newbie questions - 11/12/2015 10:24:03 AM   
sPzAbt653

And if you are a real newbie and haven't seen them, you might want to look at some of these videos : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_SuQWk2WZzD8JirRv2d5Ww

(in reply to Von Weber)
Post #: 3
RE: Another newbie questions - 11/12/2015 11:35:00 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Von Weber

Hi everyone!
1.Replacements. How can I check replacements pool? What way may I affect at the replacements redistribution among the units if it is possible?
2.Major and minor ferry capabilities. If one unit has some of them still staying in the hex, it will provide major ferry support to any unit trying to cross ex. major river in this hex,even if none of those units have these capabilities at all? Is it true?
3.Is there any limitatitions in building fortifications in different terrains(ex. marshes)?
Or is there any time-limitations in buildung fortifications/entrenching in different weather conditions mud/snow or in mountains( where you have to grind the hard rocks e.t.s.)
4. Theatre options are available in some scenarios, how to choose them I played some WWI scenarios but never found button to turn them on?

Perhaps my Tutorial '41 slides and a scenario with the same name might give you a head-start.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56215959/Tutorial%20%2741.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56215959/TOAW%20Tutorial.zip

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Von Weber)
Post #: 4
RE: Another newbie questions - 11/12/2015 7:08:22 PM   
Von Weber

Thanks every one one for replies, especially with theatre options, may be after all I could use them
Oberst Klink thanx for the links, I've downloaded them long before but still have not seen them, but soon I hope I'll do it
As for the you tube videos, half of them I've looked through, they are really usefull for the newbies like me.

Thanks everyone for the help.

WPO/Field of Glory-2/TOAW

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 5
RE: Another newbie questions - 12/8/2015 10:15:44 PM   
Von Weber

Just started reading Knowlton Strategy guide I have found some issues to figure out. As I don't know how to do it I decided to ask for help.

1.I've red somewhere that if you an evaporated unit was in supply it could be reconstituted if not - no chance. Is it an old patch rule or it is still in action? If so no pocketed units can be rebuilt?

2.Flanking attacks. Do they recive some bonus? I mean 2 units attacking from flanks have some more attack benefits than 2 same units attacking from one hexe?
3.How overstackig affects attack and to defence?
4. Stockpile level. Is it constant value depending on the scenario or it can be changed dramatically depending on the situation?

(in reply to Von Weber)
Post #: 6
RE: Another newbie questions - 12/9/2015 7:21:38 AM   
sPzAbt653

1. Supply has no effect on Reconstitution. However, losses taken by unsupplied units are permanently lost [a percentage of losses taken by supplied units go to the replacement pool].

2. There is a flanking bonus but I am not sure of the particulars.

3. Overstacking is reflected in Combat Density Penalties [the more equipment and personnel crammed into a hex, the higher the casualties].

4. That depends on the scenario, some are constant, some change. Check the scenario briefing for any clues. If you ask about a particular scenario, someone may be able to tell you. Otherwise, watch the Scenario Dump Video for instructions on how to find out.

(in reply to Von Weber)
Post #: 7
RE: Another newbie questions - 12/9/2015 9:49:54 AM   
Von Weber

Thanx

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Another newbie questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI