Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Enough with the mailing lists already!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Enough with the mailing lists already! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/13/2015 9:15:00 PM   
Terminus

I've unsubscribed from the Matrix/Slitherine marketing mailing lists four times this year already. If you're going to ignore people asking not to get your spam, maybe don't give the option to unsubscribe?

Seriously guys, this is marketing 101: consumer goodwill isn't going to follow you if you just ignore what they want in this way. Bad form.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Post #: 1
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/13/2015 9:25:25 PM   
e_barkmann

yes its annoying. I've lost count of the times I have emailed an unsubscription request to matrix/slith only to have it completely ignored.

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/14/2015 1:54:07 AM   
VPaulus

Just contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk with your email address and we will remove you from all the mailing lists.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 11/14/2015 2:55:48 AM >

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 3
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/14/2015 4:58:57 AM   
zakblood

?

i'm lucky if i get one or 2 mails a year, and i'm on the list

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/14/2015 7:06:26 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I've unsubscribed from the Matrix/Slitherine marketing mailing lists four times this year already. If you're going to ignore people asking not to get your spam, maybe don't give the option to unsubscribe?

Seriously guys, this is marketing 101: consumer goodwill isn't going to follow you if you just ignore what they want in this way. Bad form.

Just mark it as "SPAM" like I do and you won't see it anymore even though you'll still get it.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/14/2015 7:24:49 PM   
Fred98

I have never received any what so ever.

And I never signed up with the dual Matrix/Slitherine user name - password thing.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 6
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/14/2015 8:01:08 PM   
GaryChildress

I get something from Matrix once in a proverbial blue moon. I've ordered stuff quite a few times from Matrix and haven't gotten a great deal of solicitation. There are companies out there whom I have placed a single order with or gotten on their email list only to find myself bombarded on an almost daily basis. I usually end up deleting the stuff.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 7
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/15/2015 12:31:21 AM   
Rosseau

I don't get much from Matrix, but it's a real problem in general. Major companies like Hearst Publications (Road & Track, etc.) simply refuse to unsubscribe you, no matter how many times you do it

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 8
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/24/2015 4:56:24 PM   
Terminus

And after having hit "Unsubscribe" after receiving the newsletter announcing the Northern Inferno release, I've just received the newsletter announcing the new Barbarossa game. How about dying in a fire, Slitherine? Can I persuade you to do that?

EDIT: The funny thing is, I was actually considering buying this game. I liked the concept. However, your amateurish approach to marketing, at least as pertains to your insipid newsletter has overridden my liking of the concept. It took some doing, but you've actually bungled your way out of a sale.

"Well done".

< Message edited by Terminus -- 11/24/2015 7:13:12 PM >

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 9
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/24/2015 7:56:31 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

And after having hit "Unsubscribe" after receiving the newsletter announcing the Northern Inferno release, I've just received the newsletter announcing the new Barbarossa game. How about dying in a fire, Slitherine? Can I persuade you to do that?

EDIT: The funny thing is, I was actually considering buying this game. I liked the concept. However, your amateurish approach to marketing, at least as pertains to your insipid newsletter has overridden my liking of the concept. It took some doing, but you've actually bungled your way out of a sale.

"Well done".

Like I have told you previously please contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk with your email address and we will remove you from all the mailing lists.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 10
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/24/2015 8:00:01 PM   
Karri

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

"Well done".

Like I have told you previously please contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk with your email address and we will remove you from all the mailing lists.

Not to tell you how to do business, but if I have to contact your customer service to be removed from your mailing list I wont. And will instead swear you don't either know what you're doing or you're too lazy, greedy or whatever. That is to say please contact whoever is responsible for not having a simple working link to unsubscribe and have them fix it. It will save you time and resources in the future as well as customers.

EDIT:
I mean I don't need to contact the customer service to be added to the mailing list, why do I need to contact it to be removed?

< Message edited by Karri -- 11/24/2015 9:02:10 PM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 11
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/24/2015 8:36:52 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

"Well done".

Not to tell you how to do business, but if I have to contact your customer service to be removed from your mailing list I wont. And will instead swear you don't either know what you're doing or you're too lazy, greedy or whatever. That is to say please contact whoever is responsible for not having a simple working link to unsubscribe and have them fix it. It will save you time and resources in the future as well as customers.

EDIT:
I mean I don't need to contact the customer service to be added to the mailing list, why do I need to contact it to be removed?

Hear Hear!! good post. I'm the same way. Why do I have to contact them to get removed when I didn't have to contact them to get those newsletters sent in the first place.

Why do companies think they can do whatever the hell they like at our expense?

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 12
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/24/2015 11:45:34 PM   
Challerain

This thread is too funny

< Message edited by Challerain -- 11/25/2015 1:03:48 AM >

Post #: 13
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/24/2015 11:52:31 PM   
Karri

Unless of course they don't have access to the email lists, in which case that service is provided by some third party. In which case contacting the customer service is the only way.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 14
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/25/2015 8:16:34 AM   
IainMcNeil

Hi guys - there is clearly something wrong with unsubscribe but its the first I've heard it reported. We'll look in to it. We definitely do not want you receiving mails if you don't want them as getting marked as spam is an issue for us. We use mailchimp which is supposed to manage this all for us. If you unsubscribe its supposed to automatically prevent us from mailing you.

Thanks for letting us know and we'll try and work out what went wrong.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 15
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/25/2015 1:41:47 PM   
CarnageINC

quote:

"Well done".

The ole "you lost a customer" comment, how original Terminus. Somehow, someway I'm sure Matrix/Slitherine will continue to scrap by and produce other games for your consumption

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 16
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/25/2015 2:48:53 PM   
brucemcl777

We use mailchimp which is supposed to manage this all for us.

I've always suspected that is who runs customer service in most companys.

What did he get laid off from the Tarzan movies or something?

you can always find me on Steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stratwin
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

Order of Battle: Pacific fan
Morning Sun: beta tester
US Marines: beta tester

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 17
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/25/2015 8:28:07 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Cheeta is alive after all these years?

(in reply to brucemcl777)
Post #: 18
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/25/2015 8:34:56 PM   
brucemcl777

Well actually it's his great grandson - it became the family buisness and when hollywood stopped making Tarzan movies he went to Spain and Italy to make more - but they had to dub his chimp sounds into italian -then when that slowed down they started mailchimp with all their profits and royalties. And invested those profits into Matrix /Slitherine

< Message edited by brucemcl777 -- 11/25/2015 9:36:01 PM >

you can always find me on Steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stratwin
Where we are all about Strategy - come join us - there my name is I'm Spartacus.

Order of Battle: Pacific fan
Morning Sun: beta tester
US Marines: beta tester

Post #: 19
RE: Enough with the mailing lists already! - 11/26/2015 8:39:10 AM   
IainMcNeil

MailChimp is used for billions of mails so its a serious company - we're just not sure where its gone wrong so looking in to it.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to brucemcl777)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Enough with the mailing lists already! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI