Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Frozen Brawl, 2016

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Frozen Brawl, 2016 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Frozen Brawl, 2016 - 11/15/2015 5:18:31 AM   
qwerty2316

Hello,
After a bit of messing about, I decided to release one of my scenarios.

Anyway, this scenario is centered around a fight between the US (the player) and China/Russia over and around Alaska. While it is not an entirely realistic battle, I tried to give both sides a somewhat reasonable force composition (with some sacrifices made for the sake of difficulty).

This scenario primarily involves a Russian SAG, a Chinese Carrier group, and a decent amount of land based aircraft as 'Opfor', as well as a Nimitz CVBG, LHD, and a few Alaskan air bases as 'Blufor'.

This is the first scenario I have released, so please state any suggestions. I would like to eventually add a scoring system, but I haven't figured out the best way to balance it.

Edit: I spaced it out and didn't upload the latest file to the OP, just the message itself. Fixed now.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by qwerty2316 -- 11/19/2015 1:19:09 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Frozen Brawl, 2016 - 11/16/2015 8:19:44 PM   
AlexGGGG

Are you sure magazines on airbases are filled up correctly?

I mean, Elmendorf only has Harpoons, no AAMs?

Also Russian diesel subs should have radars OFF in EMCON, or else they announce themselves when recharging batteries.

< Message edited by AlexGGGG -- 11/16/2015 10:01:46 PM >

(in reply to qwerty2316)
Post #: 2
RE: Frozen Brawl, 2016 - 11/16/2015 8:54:36 PM   
qwerty2316

Crap, sorry, I updated the database before uploading, and I only really looked at the carrier battlegroup. Well, I guess you could play with infinite ammo. I will try to fix it ASAP.

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 3
RE: Frozen Brawl, 2016 - 11/16/2015 9:02:13 PM   
AlexGGGG

Also Russian (or Chinese?) diesel subs should have radars OFF in EMCON, or else they announce themselves when recharging batteries.

< Message edited by AlexGGGG -- 11/16/2015 10:16:08 PM >

(in reply to qwerty2316)
Post #: 4
RE: Frozen Brawl, 2016 - 11/16/2015 9:21:16 PM   
AlexGGGG

Also you promised some satellite intel, but the satellite failed to arrive, and even airbases are not autodiscoverable, so I'm just sitting on my 300 TLAMs. Well airbases may be intentional, but I'd still like at least one of

1. some intel on enemy location, or
2. some kind of recon aircraft; Habu would be hard to procure in 2016, but a couple of Global Hawks maybe?

< Message edited by AlexGGGG -- 11/16/2015 10:23:48 PM >

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 5
RE: Frozen Brawl, 2016 - 11/17/2015 12:37:41 AM   
qwerty2316

Okay, I spent a bit of time fixing up things.

-The airbases now have their intended weapons. If another setup would be better/more realistic, I am open to changes.

-The problem with the submarine radars has been fixed. I should have fixed this before, but I overlooked it.

-Added markers for the Russian bases as well as the counties' surface groups. However, I put in a restriction zone and note in the side briefing to discourage action against the airbases. I wanted this to be defense-oriented, and didn't want to bloat the unit count with Russia's eastern air defense and full airbases.

-Satellites are somewhat difficult to set up properly, so I never ended up adding them. The briefing doesn't actually promise satellite support, but it was a bit ambiguous so I fixed it. I guess it could be chalked off to Chinese hackers, space whales, or maybe just some Chinese/Russian anti-satellite weapons.

Also, while I would like to add recon assets, all of the current US forces are built around what I could find on baloogan's website and a few other sources. Almost all of the air and naval units are based on those that are stationed in alaska (the naval units are from Washington or San Diego.) A few other things, such as the A-10s, are based on units that have been stationed there in the past and I brought them back for the fun of it. That reminds me, I am pretty sure the B-52 squadron has the wrong name. Anyway, if there are any recon units that could plausibly be part of the conflict, I would love to add them. However, as it is now, the only units I know of are the patrol planes (which may or may not be completely worthless.)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by qwerty2316 -- 11/17/2015 1:43:02 AM >

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 6
RE: Frozen Brawl, 2016 - 11/18/2015 3:09:56 PM   
Jecchus

Hi qwerty2316,

I think that it can be some problem with no-navigate zones: No aircrafts from Eilson AFB (KC-135s + F-16s) and from Minot AFB (B-52s) can cross some specific line (but i cannot see this line on the map, it just exists somewhere between Eilson AFB and Elmsdorf AFB - approximately 80 nm south of Eilson AFB on 130/310 degree course) so they cannot reach russian and chinese ships (F-16s + B-52s) and airrefuelling is unusable.

But despite of this problem it looks like a fine scenario. Thank you for your work...

< Message edited by Jecchus -- 11/18/2015 4:55:52 PM >

(in reply to qwerty2316)
Post #: 7
RE: Frozen Brawl, 2016 - 11/18/2015 9:12:21 PM   
qwerty2316

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jecchus

Hi qwerty2316,

I think that it can be some problem with no-navigate zones: No aircrafts from Eilson AFB (KC-135s + F-16s) and from Minot AFB (B-52s) can cross some specific line (but i cannot see this line on the map, it just exists somewhere between Eilson AFB and Elmsdorf AFB - approximately 80 nm south of Eilson AFB on 130/310 degree course) so they cannot reach russian and chinese ships (F-16s + B-52s) and airrefuelling is unusable.

But despite of this problem it looks like a fine scenario. Thank you for your work...

Thanks for the feedback!

I will try to mess with the no-navigate zone when I get a chance.

If you or anyone else has suggestions to make the AI more effective, I would like to hear them.

Also, it would be cool to have a way to strike back if you lose your carrier, especially to any nuclear weapons. I tried a SSBN, but the nukes can't target ships or do any form of BOL. Any ideas?

SPOILER:
The russian bombers are intended to attack the aircraft carrier. However, it has been a struggle to get them working. For one, if I want them to attack, I have to let them autodetect the carrier, as the chinese aircraft are never lucky enough to do so. I don't want to do that as a less contrived solution would seem more natural and could even be preventable. Secondly, organizing the strike was a mess because of the distance, so I moved the actual starting point to the middle of the ocean. It shouldn't have any tangible effects, but again, I would rather have something more realistic.

END SPOILER

(in reply to Jecchus)
Post #: 8
RE: Frozen Brawl, 2016 - 11/19/2015 12:19:25 AM   
qwerty2316

Update:
-Fixed the exclusion zone bug.
-Minor changes to enemy aircraft logic.
Anyone know how to tell aircraft on a land strike mission to lose altitude?

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback. I would like this scenario to end up as polished as possible.

< Message edited by qwerty2316 -- 11/19/2015 1:20:08 AM >

(in reply to qwerty2316)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Frozen Brawl, 2016 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI