Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help re-install

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Help re-install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help re-install - 11/21/2015 9:49:09 PM   
jkile

I have all five versions of DW; original DW,Shadows,Legends,Shakley& Universe. but for some reason I can't get it all up & running; I have had these running on my same computer before. But for some reason, I can't remember 1). Which order to preceed- is it DW;return of Shakturi;Legends;Shadows;Universe???

Also, after dowloading original DW, where & what is path for following four ones to be downloaded??? Right now when I downloaded original DW, the default
went to C:>Matrix Games>Distant Worlds. Do I install the other four to C:>Matrix Games>Distant Worlds????
The reason I ask is the other downloads, when I get to path in the installer, it has no default path. It's totally blank. SO, I tried C:>Matrix Games>Distant Worlds!!, but it's not working. Do I need to all of this in put Program Files first OR Program File(x86) instead??? I have vista OS.

Thanks,

jmk

< Message edited by jmkile -- 11/21/2015 10:49:43 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Help re-install - 11/21/2015 10:01:59 PM   
btd64

Just universe. It contains all 4 of the others plus the universe updates....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to jkile)
Post #: 2
RE: Help re-install - 11/21/2015 11:35:31 PM   
jkile

Okay, I got original to work by updating; but all the lauch gives me is that game; I downloaded Universe to this file C:>Matrix Games>Distant Worlds,
but nothing took. All I have is old original game right now. AND when I went to install this last time the launcher said I all ready had Universe and again in
the laucher there is no default path. And using one above address, here, doesn't give me any thing more.

Thanks, Patton,

jmk

< Message edited by jmkile -- 11/22/2015 12:35:57 AM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 3
RE: Help re-install - 11/22/2015 7:33:13 AM   
Bingeling

Universe is a stand alone release, and should not in any way or form be installed on top of the others.

You ought to be able to have both installed, in different folders, but there is really not much reason to run the other stuff if you got Universe.

(in reply to jkile)
Post #: 4
RE: Help re-install - 11/22/2015 2:48:15 PM   
jkile

Please be patient, I hope I can explain enough that someone can help, because now I have spent 6-7-8 hrs. trying to get this installed again. Secondly, thanks to bing&Patton for taking time.
However, I can not get every file from this game deleted; I just re-installed original DW for 10th time in last couple of days, uninstalled via control panel, but there are almost empty files still on my C: drive that says I don't have permiision to delete; and I can't find way to override. ALSO, IF, with supposely 99% of of Orignal DW(ODW) deleted, I try to install UNiverse with installer I have access to, the installer tells me I allready have it installed!!! But I can't find this file!!!! and the same with Legends& other three. I have installed ODW and then tried to install(add on)each&every one of these to it, but they don't take.

Now here's my observation; the only download that has any significant data attached is ODW(567mbs). All the other four downloads say they are beta release updates, with Legends/63,55mb, Sahdows/16.35mb,Shakturi/14.46mb and Universe/15.51mb. IE, this Universe download doesn't seem to be big enough a full stand alone game file; to me, it's an update!! NO< YES???

I am numb because of this, so I am going to put a request into tech support to see what can be done.

Thanks, to those that have helped,

jmk

< Message edited by jmkile -- 11/22/2015 3:49:03 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 5
RE: Help re-install - 11/22/2015 2:54:26 PM   
Bingeling

The Universe is stand-alone, and the download is not 15,5mb. The download that I got (at launch) is just over 1GB. The 15mb universe file is probably a patch.

Have you actually downloaded universe? You get a download link when you buy the game here, if yours have expired contact support for a new one. You can also use your serial key to get a steam key to install through steam in addition to the separate installer.

You for sure can not patch a shadows install (or any earlier version) to universe, Universe is a separate install from scratch.

(in reply to jkile)
Post #: 6
RE: Help re-install - 11/22/2015 5:15:03 PM   
jkile

I have had all this installed before; And after having services like BESTBUY and others try fix my computer, everyone, only solutionanyone can do is to totally strip all & put back to day-out-of box-condition, so I have to re-install everything. I have gone thru. this 3-4 times last five years. So, I have to go thru. this angony often. Anyways, Bling, I thought of steam after this mornings post, but no go so far. I have enter my serial number twice & they say not valid. In my Steam library, at the top is a small address "games" I clicked on that and a catagory of add non-steam game is there, and I tried. Is there some other way???

jmk

< Message edited by jmkile -- 11/22/2015 6:16:32 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 7
RE: Help re-install - 11/22/2015 5:19:13 PM   
Bingeling

You are not to enter your serial number at steam.

You must get a special code for steam through the sticky here (that I linked on the support forum). You use that code on the steam activation dialog.

(in reply to jkile)
Post #: 8
RE: Help re-install - 11/22/2015 5:40:29 PM   
jkile

I thought I'd catch you before you answered again, But, horaay, I solved it!!! In my Matrix members area there is an area "my orders" and in there was(is) a full download(1gb+) and it's now downloading. THANKYOU so much for you time and thoughts, because you kept me looking and walaah I am cooking. If I could, I'd by you a drink or whatever.

Thanks again

jmk

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 9
RE: Help re-install - 11/22/2015 5:46:54 PM   
Bingeling

Remember to patch the game after installing. It appears you have the patch already, if not the announcement of 1.9.5.12 is second from the top of the sticky list.

(in reply to jkile)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Help re-install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI