Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another Pirate Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Another Pirate Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another Pirate Bug - 11/22/2015 10:52:45 PM   
ManticOre81

First let me say I suck at this game and it is possible something I've done incorrectly may account for my observations.

1. In my current (unmodded) Pirates game I camped my nearest empire world I camped while I built base/fortress wherever I could afford. After about a decade of no ships/no supplies (I killed all the freighters stopping at the planet) the planet converted from an Empire to and Independent. I didn't know that could happen. In the process I noticed some things. First I lost control (but not my beginner base) and had to rebuild even though I was basically the only interest in half a sector and had camped them for a decade. The pop at that time was a little short of 3B. Secondly, the independent got to keep the empire ground forces making my efforts to raid and gain control very difficult. Lastly, I had my toughest starbase built at the colony (stronger than the Pirate starting SSP) erased from the game. There was no notice of sabotage or attack, the base and the few ships patrolling simply disappeared.

2. In my effort to gain control of a second nearby Empire world I cannot gain control. When I raid, control is briefly built in what feels like appropriate increments but any attack that would put me at 100% control in fact resets control to 0. I'm completely unable to build any facilities at all times. The world never appears in the colony lists and when selecting the planet the build button is grey.

If I can provide further info to help troubleshoot please let me know.
Post #: 1
RE: Another Pirate Bug - 11/22/2015 11:05:49 PM   
ManticOre81

I'll have to check this after work but I just realized that after the Empire world converted to Independent I was in the red after ~4-5 years of 30k in the black. I didn't look but I suspect the base that disappeared is still costing me upkeep. I can't recall my military numbers in that system to track down the ships.

The base in question was designed with ~3.5k upkeep.

< Message edited by ManticOre81 -- 11/23/2015 12:07:11 AM >

(in reply to ManticOre81)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Another Pirate Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI