Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI control...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI control... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI con... - 11/26/2015 11:10:42 AM   
TC2712

I love the game so far but even at divisional scale moving and fighting all across the front can be very time consuming and sometimes feels out of kilter with being an operational commander at this scale.

Is it possible a mechanism could be introduced whereby the player can delegate an AG to AI control for a number of turns - I find AGS with its vast frontage and high level of infantry units a bit tiresome to manage at some points and I would like to be able to tell von Rundstedt to get on with it on his own for a few turns.

This could even be worked into the meta game - if I took the example above perhaps it would arguably give me a relationship boost with von rundstedt at the expense of a possible detrimental affect elsewhere?
Post #: 1
RE: Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI... - 11/26/2015 11:20:14 AM   
demyansk

I would like the ability to have all three and at times rule the entire structure.

(in reply to TC2712)
Post #: 2
RE: Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI... - 11/26/2015 1:43:34 PM   
Vic

Thanks for the suggestion. It is something that crossed our minds as well and it is on the list for potential new features in future products or patches. Problem is that its not exactly a small feature and implementing it will have consequences for lots of different parts of the system. Among others its only usefull imho to delegate movement and attack to army(groups) if you can also set targets, limits and modes of operation for them.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 3
RE: Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI... - 11/26/2015 2:32:49 PM   
TC2712

Thanks for the response - I hope you will consider it.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI... - 11/26/2015 4:03:56 PM   
wodin

Would be cool but we'd be talking some serious work which would be way to much just for an expansion. This would have to be a feature in a new game altogether and in from the start of the design process.

Though as I said I'd love it too.

(in reply to TC2712)
Post #: 5
RE: Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI... - 11/26/2015 4:06:24 PM   
zakblood

if they build it, i'll test it

or should i say, put me name down to test it

< Message edited by zakblood -- 11/26/2015 5:07:03 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI... - 11/26/2015 5:04:00 PM   
Franciscus

This would also seem also perfectly logical in this game, because to someone still in the fence like me, it seems a bit strange the mix of "command structure rpg" (i.e., our army generals in the field having opinions and a spectrum of relations towards you according to your decisions - I guess I am talking more about the German point of view) and the micromanagement of having to move and conduct all attacks of all units. At the same time you have subordinates that feel "personally" affected by your decisions but you have to do all their "jobs" regardless.

I would like to ask you guys that already have the game what do you feel about this apparent (to me) design mismatch ?

Regards

Former AJE team member

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 7
RE: Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI... - 11/26/2015 5:14:11 PM   
zakblood

if you want my opinion when i first saw it i thought it was a stupid idea and would never work, then again i'm not a fully brillant history buff so don't know the in's and outs of the campaign either, but half the battle for both side was won and lost for the commanders in fighting and poor choices made, this is where the game imo is different, as you get if you want to that is, make some of them choices better, or most of the time for me worse, as it goes both ways.

eg:

let the fins go over the boarder, good or bad call?

delay the start of the campaign to get more fuel? good or bad call?

delay while you support staff and troops alter rail lines and rest and they have been at it for far too long already?

each and everyone has good and bad points, some don't seem to do anything, until you run out of fuel and somebody tells you, you made the wrong choice

each has a possative and negative effect on not only the commanders but also on the troops in real time, delay attack, other side prepared more, so more dug in etc etc

i've played mostly with them all off, but also put many hours in with them on,

micromanagement for a east front game is bare minimum for size and scope.

relationships have a greater impact that most think, but again in options you can turn on and off, so plays either way, same as decisions, all can be turned off, so you can just fight, again mostly how i play it, but not always as i like the newer stuff as well, so have the option of both ways in options now...

(in reply to Franciscus)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Please let us delegate one or more fronts/AGs to AI control... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI