Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[ANSWERED] Select New Home Base?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> [ANSWERED] Select New Home Base? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[ANSWERED] Select New Home Base? - 11/28/2015 4:16:25 AM   
BKL

I am playing Goblin on the Doorstep Campaign and trying to get my Sea Kings stationed at RNAS Prestwick to select a new home base as one of the boats (such as the HMS Plymouth). When I select new home base and select the HMS Plymouth, nothing happens, it doesn't change the home base status. How does this function actually work?

< Message edited by emsoy -- 1/15/2016 6:13:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Select New Home Base? - 11/28/2015 5:13:47 AM   
michaelm75au

Check the air facilities on the ship; size of landing pad, parking space(s), hanger(s), etc.
The Sea King is a medium aircraft from memory.

Michael

(in reply to BKL)
Post #: 2
RE: Select New Home Base? - 11/28/2015 5:16:35 AM   
michaelm75au

Also, basing a helo on a ship does not necessarily mean that you can operate it as such. There may be no munitions in the ship magazine to support the load-out the helo carries, so all you can ready it is as 'reserve' or 'ferry'.

Michael

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 3
RE: Select New Home Base? - 11/28/2015 5:27:29 PM   
BKL

The helicopter I'm trying to change airbases is a Sea King, classified as Medium aircraft. I'm trying to change it's new base TO the HMS Plymouth. If I look at air facilities here's what I see. Aside from the aircraft in the hanger, there are no other aircraft assigned to the HMS Plymouth as home base. My question: Does the an aircraft need BOTH room on the pad and hangar? Or does the pad count as 1 spot?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 4
RE: Select New Home Base? - 11/28/2015 5:45:22 PM   
Jecchus

And do you had any report in game log? If there is any problem with home base change there is some info about it in game log.
If you had no info in game log, mabye it can be similar problem that I realised - in some scenarios if I want to change home base for group of units at once, it is not functional (but no info in log, nothing) and I have to change home base for all individual units in that group (really annoying...). Sorry, but I have no solutions, maybe someone else...

(in reply to BKL)
Post #: 5
RE: Select New Home Base? - 11/28/2015 8:23:32 PM   
Gunner98

A couple points.

Similar to not being able to park aircraft on a runway, you can't park one on a pad or catapult, arresting gear etc. You need that space to operate the aircraft that you already have parked. I could not find a ref for that but I went to the editor and plopped a Rothesay class down and tried to load two Wasp HAS-1s. No go.

The Rothesey class is fairly small and I thought it a tad odd that a Sea King would fit anyway. It won't in DB3000 as that class has a small hanger and pad, which is all that's needed for a HAS-1

Forgot that Northern Inferno uses CWDB so jumped in there and checked. The Rothesey class has a Medium hanger in that DB (strange that they're different) so you can fit 2xWasp (small Helo in Med Hanger) or 1x Sea King. Your rebase is not working because the Wasp is in the hanger. Let the Wasp take off and you should be able to land your Sea King - but you will chew through your ASW weapons quickly, the Sea King uses twice as many weapons as the Wasp.

B

(in reply to Jecchus)
Post #: 6
RE: Select New Home Base? - 11/29/2015 7:48:50 AM   
Dimitris

Bart is correct. The helo pad cannot be used as a parking spot because it is used for take off and landing. So the Plymouth is already packed full of possible aircraft.

When you attempt to set the Plymouth as a new base for the helicopter, and it fails to do so, you should receive a new message saying something like "Unable to set HMS Plymouth as new base for this unit; it cannot host it". So check the message log.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> [ANSWERED] Select New Home Base? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI