Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

For next TYW patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Medieval] >> Thirty Years' War >> For next TYW patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For next TYW patch - 12/2/2015 9:22:56 AM   
Leibst

Hi gents!,

First of all thanks for the support received for TYW and also thanks for the critics that help to make things better next time.

I'm currently working on fixing issues and developing new features for next TYW patch.
Issues like the missing text in initial dialogs in main campaign, like the glitches in the 'bell sound', etc..
I have check the supply system in order to make it less hard, in this line a new RGD will be added, 'Plunder' will add some supplies to units in a non pillaged region at some development level cost and loyalty. There will be a new RGD for increasing the fortresses level or to build one if there is no fortress in the region (but there is a city).

Any comments, suggestions, complains, etc.. are welcome here.

-Miguel

Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
Post #: 1
RE: For next TYW patch - 12/2/2015 3:27:45 PM   
Moltke71

Add 1635-1648 as a separate scenario.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to Leibst)
Post #: 2
RE: For next TYW patch - 12/2/2015 6:49:56 PM   
Ripster8

You have got to do something with the AI, amigo! There has to be a way to keep it from taking its armies on long winter walks!

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 3
RE: For next TYW patch - 12/2/2015 7:15:08 PM   
Moltke71

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ripster8

You have got to do something with the AI, amigo! There has to be a way to keep it from taking its armies on long winter walks!

All too true!

Jim Cobb

(in reply to Ripster8)
Post #: 4
RE: For next TYW patch - 12/3/2015 7:24:44 AM   
Leibst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bismarck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ripster8

All too true!

Well, thats Pocus terrain. Will tell him anyway ;)

Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 5
RE: For next TYW patch - 12/3/2015 3:31:50 PM   
Ripster8

Well, what's the point of a patch if you can't address fundamental problems with the game? In any case, more issues:

1) The inclusion of ships and naval movement is pointless. The Imperialists never have a fleet in play. Simpler for all to have Danish and Swedish units arrive at Stralsund or Lubeck automatically. And it will save the already cash-strapped Protestants from having to buy naval replacements. I once transported units from Copenhagen to Lubeck and the Danish fleet incurred over 300 thalers of damage from something while enroute - I don't know, sea monsters or vicious mermaids or something...

2) The diplomacy system is tedious and time-consuming. It would be much better handled on the strategic atlas diplomacy page as opposed to the cumbersome mechanic of scrolling up to the top of the map and manually clicking and dragging a dozen or more cards onto the correct country slot turn after turn.

3) The 'Emperor sends an army to Poland' event is pointless and very damaging to the Imperialists. One of their armies is magically teleported to Gdansk, sits there unable to move for several months and then is teleported to the borders of Bohemia right before winter. They then have to trek through the mountains to try to get to Prague before completely dissolving. Not many make it back, I can tell you. There has got to be a better way to simulate this event!

4) The point of the religious conversion cards still eludes me. I know it raises confessional loyalty to a given side but, so what? How does this really effect the game?

I am a great fan of the time period and am thankful that AGEOD/Matrix published this game. TYW has a lot of potential but it has some serious flaws that require serious work. Right now I am enjoying a PBEM game with Nico and we haven't had too many issues, but as a single player game it is still lacking. Don't leave us hanging, amigo! Ask Pocus to focus on TYW for a bit! Gracias...

(in reply to Leibst)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Medieval] >> Thirty Years' War >> For next TYW patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI