Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Using mouse with two monitors in full screen problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Using mouse with two monitors in full screen problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using mouse with two monitors in full screen problem - 11/30/2015 4:02:52 PM   
Slick91

I just installed and patched WITP:AE on a Windows 10 Laptop that is using a 19” LCD monitor. Game seems to run fine at this point.

I have the game displaying on the 19” in full screen and have the game manual PDF file displayed on the laptop screen. My problem is that the mouse pointer will not move between the two screens if the game is running in full screen (the mouse stays inside the 19" LCD screen). I can move between them if the game runs in windowed mode, but I’d like to take full advantage of the 19” display.

Is anyone else having this same problem and/or is there any known workaround other than windowed mode?

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Post #: 1
RE: Using mouse with two monitors in full screen problem - 11/30/2015 4:17:29 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slick91

I just installed and patched WITP:AE on a Windows 10 Laptop that is using a 19” LCD monitor. Game seems to run fine at this point.

I have the game displaying on the 19” in full screen and have the game manual PDF file displayed on the laptop screen. My problem is that the mouse pointer will not move between the two screens if the game is running in full screen (the mouse stays inside the 19" LCD screen). I can move between them if the game runs in windowed mode, but I’d like to take full advantage of the 19” display.

Is anyone else having this same problem and/or is there any known workaround other than windowed mode?

The way that I understand it, the point of full-screen mode is to use the full screen. So, if you want that size to be smaller than the full (physical) screen and you want to move the mouse outside of it, that is what you use windowed mode for.

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 2
RE: Using mouse with two monitors in full screen problem - 11/30/2015 4:35:06 PM   
Lokasenna

Yep, you need to run in window mode if you want to move the mouse between screens. You can run at your maximum resolution, but somebody else (was it witpqs?) will have to help you with the "always remain on top" stuff you need to do to make sure it is displayed over the top of your taskbar (Start Menu) instead of having that cut off the bottom part of the window.

Or you can run in a resolution slightly smaller than your full screen resolution.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: Using mouse with two monitors in full screen problem - 11/30/2015 4:41:17 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Yep, you need to run in window mode if you want to move the mouse between screens. You can run at your maximum resolution, but somebody else (was it witpqs?) will have to help you with the "always remain on top" stuff you need to do to make sure it is displayed over the top of your taskbar (Start Menu) instead of having that cut off the bottom part of the window.

Or you can run in a resolution slightly smaller than your full screen resolution.

This is what I do, so I can click on other applications and go back and forth very easily.

Note that I only have one monitor. You might not have to do that to move the mouse over to the other monitor.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 4
RE: Using mouse with two monitors in full screen problem - 11/30/2015 5:17:46 PM   
Slick91

Thanks everyone for the fast replies. I'll play around with the resolution and settings as suggested.

Have a wonderful wargamer's holiday!!!

Slick
-----------------------------
"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: Using mouse with two monitors in full screen problem - 12/5/2015 12:20:10 AM   
David Clark

As an alternative, you may consider an application called Borderless-Gaming, which will do exactly what you want - set up a full screen program to run in 'Windowed Full Screen' mode. I haven't tried it with WitP, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

You can download it for free from the github page:

Github - Borderless-Gaming

or if you prefer to spend money for the Steam experience, you can get it from steam:

Steam - Borderless-Gaming

The steam page has a nice quick video overview of the software.

Good luck.

(in reply to Slick91)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Using mouse with two monitors in full screen problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI