Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Play with less ruins?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Play with less ruins? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Play with less ruins? - 12/18/2015 9:51:37 AM   
Kizucha

Hey everyone, i want to ask if someone can say me if its possible to play with less ruins or clearly said, i want only the important ruins. Like the ruins with warp-tech in pre-warp games.

I somewhat dont like the ruins that throw capital ships and colonies at me. In my actual game, right after the pre-warp phase i got 4 colonies from ruins. That was a bit to much for me.

In forward thank you for answers. ^-^
Post #: 1
RE: Play with less ruins? - 12/18/2015 1:32:18 PM   
Aeson

I am not aware of any way to reduce the number of ruins that spawn on the map, short of using the in-game editor to delete them.

My experience is that the ruins granting free colonies (especially the "Lost Colonies" that will join you as soon as any of your ships pays that colony a visit, unlike the "Silent Chambers" which still require a colony ship or invasion to acquire) and high-end ships are rather uncommon; it sounds like you were just very lucky in that game. Usually I just get things like map information or a pile of credits or pirate traps or swarms of Giant Kaltors.

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 2
RE: Play with less ruins? - 12/18/2015 2:37:35 PM   
Kizucha

Yes this round is so... unpleasant for me. xD I got 4 lost colonies, 1 colonieship, 1 map, 2 money and 2 capital ships. And only 1 pirat ambush, 1 kaltor swarm and 1 silver mist.

I started a new game, i already feard the editor is the only way and... i really dont want to look over the entire map and delete all ruins. Sadly nowhere is an option in the editor "delete all ruins except the ones for warp". ^~^ But thank you~.

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Play with less ruins? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI