Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Port priority vs rail head priority

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Port priority vs rail head priority Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Port priority vs rail head priority - 12/26/2015 3:03:05 AM   
wokelly

I'm really trying to learn more about the supply side of the game as it is my weakest area of knowledge (Strategy is for amateurs, logistics are for professionals right?). I find the manual to be kinda hard to understand, and I have always been a visual learner but there are not too many videos on youtube that answer all my questions. I know it is best to organize the priority of your depots so supply flows towards the front lines by making the depots closer to the front line higher priority. However, it seems ports and rail head depots are not quite the same beast, and many ports have very high priority ratings.

So should I leave ports at high priority, or do I want to reduce their priority the farther they get away from the frontline? Should I be disbanding port depots as my troops get farther away from the ports?

Also, when I am on mainland Italy, and there are ports with depots in North Africa, do I want to keep those depots at all if there are no troops or airports to supply?
Post #: 1
RE: Port priority vs rail head priority - 12/26/2015 3:42:53 AM   
Hofstadter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r1B0ARRuoU&feature=youtu.be

As conceited as it is, take a look at my video tutorial for logistics. Hopefully it helps you understand logistics.

Never disband the port depots unless the enemy is threatening them. Your ports at the medium for the supply to transfer to the rails.

You have to be wary of disbanding depots, because this will concentrate on your rails and lower the efficiency at which supply is distributed. Causes jams.

< Message edited by Hofstadter -- 12/26/2015 4:44:11 AM >

(in reply to wokelly)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Port priority vs rail head priority Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI